Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Pictures > Other Pictures > when K-Pop gets ignorant.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

when K-Pop gets ignorant.

K-pop group "Bubblesisters" goes blackfaced. Now, i'm not sure if some of you guys are aware of the ways that blacks were stereotyped and apparently still are, but one of the methods was called "going blackfaced." This terms entails that a stage preformer (white, or even black) would go up on stage, with ash or some blackening substance smeared over his/her face to give off the appearence of a "really" black person, and would commonly have paint around the lips in order to give the image of very large lips.

Bubblesisters site: http://www.bubblesisters.co.kr/

credits:yellowworld.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-21-2003 09:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Klumzy

um yeah ok... did they do this as a joke? not funny pretty retarded tho

Old Post 02-21-2003 09:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Klumzy Click here to Send Klumzy a Private Message Find more posts by Klumzy Add Klumzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:
Originally posted by Klumzy
um yeah ok... did they do this as a joke? not funny pretty retarded tho

i think they really are a group. pathetic. once the black community gets a hold of them. oh man...

Props To Huby

Old Post 02-21-2003 03:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

hah the fat one kinda looks like she could be black. this kinda reminds me of not another teen movie where the white kid acts all asian. iono why but this is really funny. its racist too but i bet these people have never even met a black person so i dont know if what theyre doing is offensive.

Old Post 02-21-2003 06:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KawaiiAngel

They said they did this so they can portray how good Afropop is or something like that. Still, i don't think that is an excuse.

Old Post 02-21-2003 07:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KawaiiAngel Click here to Send KawaiiAngel a Private Message Find more posts by KawaiiAngel Add KawaiiAngel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

wuts afro pop? like hip hop?

Old Post 02-21-2003 08:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

more pics

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 02-21-2003 09:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by KawaiiAngel
They said they did this so they can portray how good Afropop is or something like that. Still, i don't think that is an excuse.

word. It's a horrible excuse. I took a look at their message board and here are a couple messages from their supporters:

"hey! i think u gotta some misunderstanding. This is one of their concept. you they are entertainers, and they have to make people fun. People see them, and be happy about it and buy their CD, that's pretty their objects. don't act like dumb. just cheer out.!! they are just singer. They never talk about African amercian. u just think they have black face, and they try to make fun of african american. that is just one of their concept. don't be serious, just watch and listen and enjoy it. if you not.. you're crackhead..."

"I think there has been a huge misunderstanding here.
As a musician myself, Afro-Americans have been what every singer wants to sound like for their rhythmic strength and gifted vocal quality. I recently found this group so that I cannot say much but as far as I know they are already experienced professionals as they have expanded their careers through various sessions with other famous musicians in Korea for many yeares prior to their debut as bubble sisters. Therefore, no wonder why they want to look so.
So no offense here. Chill out~ "
---

some of these people a good old fashioned bitch slap

edit:
apparently they agreed to stop preforming in blackface about a week ago. But the fact they they held a belief that they were "showing love for african-american people and music" by behaving in such a manner holds dire implications.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Last edited by Crazydeb8ter on 02-21-2003 at 09:28 PM

Old Post 02-21-2003 09:11 PM
nickels

bottom line: best way is the stick to the real thing

Last edited by nickels on 02-21-2003 at 10:01 PM

Old Post 02-21-2003 09:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for nickels Click here to Send nickels a Private Message Find more posts by nickels Add nickels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by nickels
bottom line: best way is the stick to the real thing

lol aww but your original post was much more novel.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 02-21-2003 11:06 PM
nickels

haha... I was afraid to start a discussion

Old Post 02-22-2003 12:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nickels Click here to Send nickels a Private Message Find more posts by nickels Add nickels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

discussions are wut the forum is for. post it back (if u want)

Old Post 02-22-2003 04:32 AM
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i was gonna start a thread bout these pplz wen i saw their mv in peopleconnexion2....they hav a message from T there explaining how she felt when she first saw them (she's half black) cuz she apparently worked with them or sumtin. i don't understand what they're singing so i don't know if they're trying to be offensive or not but realli...WTF? i wonder how they wud feel if some white or black person put palish paint on their faces and then pranced around trying to look asian.

Old Post 02-22-2003 05:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i noe this is an old thread, but i saw a pic of them w/put their makeup:

credits to soompi

Old Post 03-18-2003 01:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxkid
ChOibOii

omg.... wat the fuck!!

Old Post 03-18-2003 02:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxkid Click here to Send krnxkid a Private Message Visit krnxkid's homepage! Find more posts by krnxkid Add krnxkid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

i'm offended that hit the heart

Old Post 03-18-2003 04:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
azn0monk
mystupidSNfromwayback

quote:
Originally posted by niggoreanboi
i'm offended that hit the heart

*patpat*

Old Post 03-19-2003 01:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for azn0monk Click here to Send azn0monk a Private Message Find more posts by azn0monk Add azn0monk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote