Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > Afro Man suing Q.O.Q
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sangxjin

Afro Man suing Q.O.Q

maybe i saw this somewhere else around here but Q.O.Q is getting sued 69 mil for copying Afro Man's song...

Q.O.Q is a korean band thats pretty new i think and most of u know afro man..

Q.O.Q used the song, cause i got high and just changed the words.

Props To Huby

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-30-2002 03:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NaRa JjAnG
i wanna be tetris champ

afro mans a bum......its not like they r in the US and selling it.....and he should be honored for them to copy him......that makes him look better....i would be honored.....and 69 mil thats a little too much dun u think

www.xanga.com/choi127

Old Post 05-30-2002 01:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for NaRa JjAnG Click here to Send NaRa JjAnG a Private Message Find more posts by NaRa JjAnG Add NaRa JjAnG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

naw.....if it was a REMIX then it would be understandable but if they plagarized his song that was a biggest hits not even 6 month ago and qoq actin like it's their own song...and korean dun even know afroman's song....i dun think 69 million dollars 2 much...they deserve it

Old Post 05-30-2002 04:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Teddyz_Gurl
FUNK IT UP

I thought they got permission......I was saying all this shit about it and this girl got all up in my face about how they got permission and she just pissed the fuck outta me......Here is the convo~
Me:Does anyone know QOQ???
Well...I saw them on inky gayo....Argh!
their song is exactly the same as 'because I got high'....
except with a different meaning...
did anyone else notice....
Her:well, actually, if you'd take some time to learn anything about the group, producer, and song writer, 쟹ou'd know that the song was not stolen and changed ... it was taken with complete permission and redone to their own words

i don't know the exact people it went through, but q.o.q's producer and song writter happens to be friends with mc hammer, who he worked with to put out x-large last summer ... with his help, q.o.q's producer got permission for the song, and even helped him with it, i think ....

so i dunno what you're getting sick about .. the fact that some good groups finally started coming out of the industry, or the fact that the korean music industry is finally beign recognized by american music industry heads??
Me:Ok...well they could of changed the music more...
The whole song is the same....except for little parts..
Her:umm... if they changed the music... wouldn't that defeat the purpose of paying all that money to be able to use the song? ~just a thought --;
Then that was the end of it.......

Old Post 05-30-2002 09:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Teddyz_Gurl Click here to Send Teddyz_Gurl a Private Message Find more posts by Teddyz_Gurl Add Teddyz_Gurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

well shes fucked up

Old Post 05-30-2002 10:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

plagerism is wack whoever does it. people need to stop defending the people who do it.

Old Post 05-30-2002 11:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

H.O.T's debut song was plagarized also. i think they got in trouble too.
I'm not really sure how QOQ is gonna turn out, but in spite of their first song, "Leave," I like how they perform and the rest of their songs.

Old Post 06-01-2002 04:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

dude..... they can't even sing....they sound horrible... are ugly mofos... the trouble they are going through isn't going to be worth it.

and that girl was talking.... whack maybe? if they got permission....why the hell would he be sueing them? unless this is all just some crap and it's all false....

where's soompi when you need it.....haha

Old Post 06-03-2002 12:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kpjoon

actually, that song wasn't even afroman's either. he remade it with different lyrics so he has no right to sue. my parents kno that song from back in the days

Old Post 06-03-2002 04:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kpjoon Click here to Send kpjoon a Private Message Find more posts by kpjoon Add kpjoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Drunken Master
Umm... Yeah...

Really? Hmm.., I wonder what song Afroman took it from then.

I think I heard a different version of Afro's song somewhere too, I just can't remember.

Old Post 06-03-2002 05:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Drunken Master Click here to Send Drunken Master a Private Message Find more posts by Drunken Master Add Drunken Master to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by kpjoon
actually, that song wasn't even afroman's either. he remade it with different lyrics so he has no right to sue. my parents kno that song from back in the days

but if he has the rights to the song he can sue, and this being the usa, he probably does since you have to go through a process to use a sample for your song.

and how can anyone be honored if someone is moochin off your music? if i wrote a song and someone copied it and passed it as their own work, i would be pissed off too.

Old Post 06-03-2002 06:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote