Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Bush's Intelligence
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: In reply

quote:
Originally posted by Ahny
when many people dont understand that bush doesnt come up with any of these ideas he only decides...I think we should more focus on bush's real decisions like us going to freakin war in weeks which can have an affect on many 18 years and up AHHH.!!.

Why do you think a president gives out his agenda during the election campaigns?
Yes, he is the head of the executive branch but he also brings with him the agenda he seeks to pursue. Tax reform? His idea. His insanely asinine idea. In fact, it is he who is the strongest advocate of the tax cut.
We should criticize him because he is doing an atrocious job with both foreign and domestic affairs. Either way, his decisions are terrible.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-18-2003 07:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Perhaps he doesn't have the multi-tasking skills.

Old Post 02-18-2003 02:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

Re: In reply

quote:
" I think we should more focus on bush's real decisions like us going to freakin war in weeks which can have an affect on many 18 years and up AHHH.!!.

If you are refering to the draft, technically, we will not be effected until the draft is reinstated. But if it is, the probably of 18 year olds going to war is pretty low considering how the draft system works.

As of now, the United States military maintains a force of around 1.4 million active duty personnel. In times of peace, this is sufficient to protect U.S. interests at home and abroad. But when the United States engages in a larger scale operation such as that currently with IRAQ, the military may need to call up reserve forces. In the biggest form of conflict, the U.S. may institute the . draft, drawing soldiers from the civilian population. Now when and if the draft is actually instituted, 18 years are still the last to be called upon. The government would start with all eligible men who turn 20 in the year of the draft. Then the 21 year olds, the 22 year olds, the 23 year old, the 24 year olds, and then the 25 year olds. Finally if they needed more troops the would process the 19 year olds and then the 18 year olds.

So as you can see, the draft is the last thing you need to add to your list of worries as an 18 year old.

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Old Post 02-18-2003 05:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Re: Re: In reply

quote:
Originally posted by merc
If you are refering to the draft, technically, we will not be effected until the draft is reinstated. But if it is, the probably of 18 year olds going to war is pretty low considering how the draft system works.

As of now, the United States military maintains a force of around 1.4 million active duty personnel. In times of peace, this is sufficient to protect U.S. interests at home and abroad. But when the United States engages in a larger scale operation such as that currently with IRAQ, the military may need to call up reserve forces. In the biggest form of conflict, the U.S. may institute the . draft, drawing soldiers from the civilian population. Now when and if the draft is actually instituted, 18 years are still the last to be called upon. The government would start with all eligible men who turn 20 in the year of the draft. Then the 21 year olds, the 22 year olds, the 23 year old, the 24 year olds, and then the 25 year olds. Finally if they needed more troops the would process the 19 year olds and then the 18 year olds.

So as you can see, the draft is the last thing you need to add to your list of worries as an 18 year old.

What about voting?

Old Post 02-18-2003 10:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ahny
Rachmanioff

Poor Presidents

Ok now just forgot about all the crap i just said witht he other lame ideas and watnot!!... Who thinks we are going to war? Is bush making the write decision of going to war with Iraq alone? We arent getting any help... and now we are going to start beef with Korea as well? such bs i just turned 18 i dont wanna die so soon geesh!!

Old Post 02-18-2003 10:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ahny Click here to Send Ahny a Private Message Visit Ahny's homepage! Find more posts by Ahny Add Ahny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Re: Poor Presidents

quote:
Ok now just forgot about all the crap i just said witht he other lame ideas and watnot

I have, i didn't even bother replying cause it wasn't worth the time to.

quote:

!!... Who thinks we are going to war? Is bush making the write decision of going to war with Iraq alone? We arent getting any help... and now we are going to start beef with Korea as well? such bs i just turned 18 i dont wanna die so soon geesh!!

all ready a thread about this.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 02-18-2003 11:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ahny
Rachmanioff

SOrry snowman , i dont go around sitting and reading every single thread.. but i do think its relavent to the decision making of George Bush if we go 2 war or not.

Old Post 02-18-2003 11:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ahny Click here to Send Ahny a Private Message Visit Ahny's homepage! Find more posts by Ahny Add Ahny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
SOrry snowman , i dont go around sitting and reading every single thread.. but i do think its relavent to the decision making of George Bush if we go 2 war or not.

good for you buddy.

-Cromwell

Old Post 02-18-2003 11:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ahny
Rachmanioff

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
good for you buddy.

Why the sarcasticness?
Im being serious and all you can do is joke around?
Bush decided to go code orange on us the other day and now when i was in nYC for a few days there were tanks and swat teams on every corner. thats kind of ridiculous.... You want to go 2 war snowman?

Old Post 02-18-2003 11:16 PM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

as he stated, there is already a thread about this. It is your responsibility to know what topics have already been dicussed or are being discussed at the moment. Besides, it's the third topic on the Debate page, I imagine that only a dullard could miss it.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 02-18-2003 11:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Why the sarcasticness?
Im being serious and all you can do is joke around?
Bush decided to go code orange on us the other day and now when i was in nYC for a few days there were tanks and swat teams on every corner. thats kind of ridiculous.... You want to go 2 war snowman?

the "sarcasticness" was in response to your seeming,victimization of yourself. If it wasn't then ok, but the "SOrry" was misleading as was the rest of the post. It can go both ways, but i perceived it to be a victimization from when i first read it.

do i want to go to war? find out in the other thread.

-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 02-18-2003 at 11:59 PM

Old Post 02-18-2003 11:46 PM
rythM

Talking A DERF!

HOW ABOUT YOU GUYS BECOME PRESIDENT? HUH?
SOUNDS GOOD TO ME, CONSIDERING ALL OF YOU ARE ALL-KNOWING.... FOOLS...
RUN FOR PRESIDENT- dumbass's3

Old Post 02-19-2003 10:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rythM Click here to Send rythM a Private Message Find more posts by rythM Add rythM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

Re: A DERF!

quote:
Originally posted by rythM

riiiight... I just might!

anyways, weird how I come here and this issue is being discussed some what while at school, we were just talking about it. I'm scared of war actually... I don't know what will happen and it's just scary. and just knowing that if the draft will go sooo far, how many people I will be missing and losing. jeeze, it's just a scary thought...

and I don't see how people can say, "Yeah! Let's go to war with IRAQ! They need it!" It's citizens that are going to be in battle. It's people we know, people that some one out there dearly cares about.

It's a frightening thought and everytime I think about it I don't know what to do. It's frightening to think about the future for the US and its people.

Old Post 02-20-2003 12:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

Re: A DERF!

quote:
Originally posted by rythM

now see for people that hav the intelligence to say y dont u try i say i didnt run cause u kno wat i wouldnt win and i kno im a teenager i prob would do a crappy job so i let someone better go. but Bush is not the better man. i got the damn rite to say he's doin a crappy job. and if u hav nothin more intelligent to say then "why dont u try then" shuttup wit that arguement and dont bring it up again.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 02-20-2003 02:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Klumzy

Re: Re: A DERF!

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
now see for people that hav the intelligence to say y dont u try i say i didnt run cause u kno wat i wouldnt win and i kno im a teenager i prob would do a crappy job so i let someone better go. but Bush is not the better man. i got the damn rite to say he's doin a crappy job. and if u hav nothin more intelligent to say then "why dont u try then" shuttup wit that arguement and dont bring it up again.

...if bush is not the better man, who is??? i think its ridiculous and downright stupid of people to think bush is doing a horrible job... ok, maybe he isn't making the best decisions (altho i beg to differ) but its not like the best decisions in situation's like his is clear cut and easy to choose from... bush is doing a good job and there are more people who think so than those who think bush is doing a shitty job

give the man a break... at least he's making osama bin ladin piss in his pants hiding in a cave deep inside afghan

Old Post 02-21-2003 09:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Klumzy Click here to Send Klumzy a Private Message Find more posts by Klumzy Add Klumzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Klumzy

wat rythM said is so right...

Old Post 02-21-2003 09:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Klumzy Click here to Send Klumzy a Private Message Find more posts by Klumzy Add Klumzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

i for one do believe he is doin a bad job. not wit Iraq but wit the public. i mean how much has he told us besides Iraq must be stopped? and hey i think he did fairly well wit osama but international affairs i sorta cant blame him because the french r pussys. but he is doin a bad job wit domestic affairs. i mean everytime the economy comes up he doesnt kno wat 2 say. and he's obviously not lookin good 2 the public. i believe Bush is trapped in the whole Iraq affair and that we r goin 2 get fucked somewhere in that mess. but he could actually try somethin then his trickle down of money theory that doesnt work as we stated before. but as the news is focusin on is Iraq and havin alot of people hate us is not goin 2 help.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 02-21-2003 04:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Klumzy

wuts with everyone blaming bush for the economy??? economies take decades to build up and destroy... you cant fuck up an economy overnight... haven't you all heard of reagan, i think it was him... when he was prez.. everyone was thinking that he really helped the friggin economy at that time but lil did they know, that down the road(after many many years), the us economy suffered because of reagon's policy's a long time ago

Old Post 02-21-2003 05:23 PM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by Klumzy
wuts with everyone blaming bush for the economy??? economies take decades to build up and destroy... you cant fuck up an economy overnight... haven't you all heard of reagan, i think it was him... when he was prez.. everyone was thinking that he really helped the friggin economy at that time but lil did they know, that down the road(after many many years), the us economy suffered because of reagon's policy's a long time ago

Nah nah yee!

Old Post 02-21-2003 06:02 PM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
wuts with everyone blaming bush for the economy??? economies take decades to build up and destroy... you cant fuck up an economy overnight

we're talking about his policy to rebuild the economy.

quote:
haven't you all heard of reagan, i think it was him... when he was prez.. everyone was thinking that he really helped the friggin economy at that time but lil did they know, that down the road(after many many years), the us economy suffered because of reagon's policy's a long time ago

no, you are mistaken. Reagan was ragged upon by hordes of critics when he proposed "trickle-down" economics. The effects were felt during his adminstration as well.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 02-21-2003 06:27 PM