Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > Homework Help > Judge Crater? I just need an idea
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GinaDaQueen

Judge Crater? I just need an idea

I just need an idea for my research paper.

My topic is : Judge Crater
- He was a missing judge who one day, took papers and money and just left or something. He's one of the most famous missing persons.

And I have to explain why it Judge Crater should be a mandatory/central part of the school curriculum. And then I have to make two lessons that teachers can use, in two different grades and subjects.

I just need some ideas how I can implement Judge Crater into the school curriculum and then I'll just think of how to put it into a lesson....

By the way, it can be for any grade levels and any subject taught in school. Thank you SO much if you can just give me ideas.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-16-2003 03:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GinaDaQueen Click here to Send GinaDaQueen a Private Message Find more posts by GinaDaQueen Add GinaDaQueen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

maybe you can incorporate him into a lesson about integrity and honesty? like, how it's bad to take embezzle funds or something

Old Post 05-16-2003 04:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GinaDaQueen

yeah, that's sounds like a good idea thanks!!

i still need one more for a certain subject and grade level.....

Old Post 05-17-2003 06:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GinaDaQueen Click here to Send GinaDaQueen a Private Message Find more posts by GinaDaQueen Add GinaDaQueen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

IMO he sounds too insignificant to be incorporated into a whole history lesson- that's just ridiculous.

You should talk about the disadvantages that Native Americans encounter today as a result of past and present treatment of Whites and the Government.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 05-17-2003 07:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

is it feasible to even change the topic, or was it assigned?

Old Post 05-17-2003 07:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GinaDaQueen

Nope, nope, there was a list of topics and we had to choose one. She gave some of the weirdest topics like Basket Weaving, Flea Circuses, Radar..... etc......

It was first come first serve and I got stuck with Judge Crater.....

And to Crazydeb8ter, it's not really supposed to be taken seriously, have fun..... that's what she said.....

Old Post 05-18-2003 09:47 PM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by GinaDaQueen
And to Crazydeb8ter, it's not really supposed to be taken seriously, have fun..... that's what she said.....

ah ok, my bad.

sounds like a pretty lame assignment though.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 05-19-2003 08:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

I'm starting to question the qualifications of my teachers -- when I was trying to find a synopsis for a movie to answer questions, I found the very question sheet online, and it belonged to the faculty at SSU

Old Post 05-19-2003 02:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by bckp
I'm starting to question the qualifications of my teachers -- when I was trying to find a synopsis for a movie to answer questions, I found the very question sheet online, and it belonged to the faculty at SSU

Haha, well as it says in your location: "Land of the free"

Old Post 05-19-2003 08:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

lol

Old Post 05-19-2003 10:22 PM
GinaDaQueen

Thanks everyone! I decided to do a debate on what happened to him and for the elementary level, I did a "continue the story" kind of thing..... thank for all your help :)

Old Post 06-02-2003 10:29 PM