Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > Homework Help > Computer Art Suggestions
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GinaDaQueen

Computer Art Suggestions

I need to create an image for a "New Yorker" type cover.

I just want some suggestions on what to do.

Some events I can use:
- World Series
- Fall
- thanksgiving
- The Holidays in December
- New Year's Day
- Hockey
- Ice Skating
- Skiing
- Martin Luther King Day
- Valentine's Day
- President's Day
- Super Bowl
- Chinese New Year

Current issues I can use:
- The war in Iraq
- Space exploration
- Elections
- Science Issues
- Fashion
- Technology

Not limited to these suggestions though.

You know how the New Yorker covers are sort of satirical and not so serious? Well, that's the kind of tone I need.

ANY and ALL suggestions are welcome.

Some cover examples:
cover 1
cover 2
cover 3
cover 4
cover 5
cover 6
cover 7

Well, I think you get the point. Please post suggestions up! thank you for your help! :)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-16-2003 11:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GinaDaQueen Click here to Send GinaDaQueen a Private Message Find more posts by GinaDaQueen Add GinaDaQueen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Korea Sucks 2

Dr Korea Sucks perscribes:

Don't go to school

Old Post 11-02-2003 01:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Korea Sucks 2 Click here to Send Korea Sucks 2 a Private Message Visit Korea Sucks 2's homepage! Find more posts by Korea Sucks 2 Add Korea Sucks 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

quote:
Originally posted by Korea Sucks 2
Dr Korea Sucks perscribes:

and that's where they go wrong with the spelling

Old Post 11-02-2003 06:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

i suggest new years eve

Old Post 11-02-2003 07:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GinaDaQueen

Thanks, I'm just going to make a picture of the ny skyline with night and day mixed in. For example: half the sky will be blue, the other half will be night color. and the water for the "day" side" will be night and the water for the night side will be day... ok i confused myself

Old Post 11-02-2003 09:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GinaDaQueen Click here to Send GinaDaQueen a Private Message Find more posts by GinaDaQueen Add GinaDaQueen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by acidbreeze
and that's where they go wrong with the spelling

lol. indeed

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 11-03-2003 01:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by GinaDaQueen
Thanks, I'm just going to make a picture of the ny skyline with night and day mixed in. For example: half the sky will be blue, the other half will be night color. and the water for the "day" side" will be night and the water for the night side will be day... ok i confused myself

where's the satire in that?

Old Post 11-03-2003 10:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GinaDaQueen

It doesn't have to be satirical. Just something that's not "normal". I just put satirical as an example of some New Yorker covers. If you studied the covers, you'd see that none of them are really that "normal" compared to Times and New York.

edit: and besides, it's the easiest thing I could think of

Old Post 11-04-2003 02:52 PM
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

draw a birds eye view of some streets in ny. like if u've ever been to empire state building and look down.. people and cars look like toys.. especially all the yellow taxis..

or
draw the world with sprouting buildings from each city of the world.. and draw nyc with empire state buildings, statue of liberty and such.. i can't explain it better than that cuz its too early. d=D

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 11-04-2003 06:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GinaDaQueen

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
draw a birds eye view of some streets in ny. like if u've ever been to empire state building and look down.. people and cars look like toys.. especially all the yellow taxis..

or
draw the world with sprouting buildings from each city of the world.. and draw nyc with empire state buildings, statue of liberty and such.. i can't explain it better than that cuz its too early. d=D

Wow, you're great. I wish you could've replied sooner though. I'm already putting the final touches on this project.

Last edited by GinaDaQueen on 01-06-2004 at 02:57 PM

Old Post 11-04-2003 07:29 PM
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Wow, you're great. I wish you could've replied sooner though. I'm already putting the final touches on this piece of crap project.

well when you finish, be sure to let us see it...

Old Post 11-07-2003 01:25 AM
GinaDaQueen

I tried uploading my files unto a website, but the restrictions on the school computers won't let me :( I had so much work that I wanted to save and use at home, but I can't.

Last edited by GinaDaQueen on 01-06-2004 at 02:57 PM

Old Post 11-08-2003 01:53 AM
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
I tried uploading my files unto a website, but the stupid restrictions on the school computers won't let me :( I had so much work that I wanted to save and use at home, but I can't.

you can't emailto yourself?

Old Post 12-12-2003 03:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GinaDaQueen

Nope, email is prohibited. I'm trying to find a way to get it to myself :P

Old Post 12-12-2003 08:44 PM
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

lol i'm hella late butyea you post it on a forum then go home and open it :D

Old Post 12-19-2003 05:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
I tried uploading my files unto a website, but the stupid restrictions on the school computers won't let me :( I had so much work that I wanted to save and use at home, but I can't.

bah, you can easily go around it. have you tried using the international mirrors? like, instead of yahoo.com try yahoo.co.uk, yahoo.co.uk, yahoo.co.jp , etc. That seems to work well

Old Post 12-19-2003 08:51 PM
GinaDaQueen

edit: the attach file didn't work

I'll try the mirror email thing at school, thanks for the suggestions, people.

Last edited by GinaDaQueen on 12-19-2003 at 09:10 PM

Old Post 12-19-2003 09:08 PM