Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > Language > Hardest Language to learn
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ahny
Rachmanioff

Sorry guys but English is definitely the hardest language to learn... Its easy to learn the basics but impossible to master compared to other languages. ( or at least the 3 that i have learned and learning)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-05-2003 04:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ahny Click here to Send Ahny a Private Message Visit Ahny's homepage! Find more posts by Ahny Add Ahny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
az0nd2r3

true......but i think it also dependz on wat lang u learn first....ur native lang alwayz gonna be natural to u.....n as for hardness......is teachin....say.....a chinese guy english harder den teaching a white person chnz? hmm......dunno.....

Old Post 03-05-2003 05:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for az0nd2r3 Click here to Send az0nd2r3 a Private Message Find more posts by az0nd2r3 Add az0nd2r3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ahny
Rachmanioff

English is turning into a Universal language. If your native language is English than i think is easier to learn others more quickly. But i would have to look up actually statistics to back me up on this.. Will check soon

Old Post 03-06-2003 12:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ahny Click here to Send Ahny a Private Message Visit Ahny's homepage! Find more posts by Ahny Add Ahny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nayameie

quote:
Originally posted by lady_j
I heard that Hungarian (Magyar?) was really hard to learn, like if you didn't learn how to speak it before you were 10 years old you have no chance of ever picking it up.

i've also heard that hungarian is very difficult to learn. (and you are correct it's called magyar in hungarian)
i'm hungarian and was born there, but i came to the states at age 3 so i have some difficulties with some of the bigger and longer words. hungarian has so many suffixes! and there are sounds that don't exist in english so it's hard for english-speakers to pick it up.
i found japanese and the romance languages much easier to learn. even swahili was easier in terms of pronunciation.
i think difficult languages to learn are chinese, thai, hmong, other tonal langs.

Old Post 03-07-2003 05:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for nayameie Click here to Send nayameie a Private Message Find more posts by nayameie Add nayameie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yubeenie

Re: Hardest Language to learn

chinese is hardest Language!!
T^T..gosh chinese is hard..T^T

http://yubeenie.byus.net
aim-> fromgod2000
msn-> eunicelovely@hotmail.com

Last edited by yubeenie on 03-10-2003 at 03:22 AM

Old Post 03-10-2003 03:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for yubeenie Click here to Send yubeenie a Private Message Visit yubeenie's homepage! Find more posts by yubeenie Add yubeenie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maaku-oji

actully i think reading and writing chinese characters is the easiest part of chinese:

its much easier to write chinese cuz if you want to write shorthand, you simply write in a "walking style" or "running style", which means that you are combining the strokes, making writing chinese even easier than english.

btw, cantonese is harder to learn than mandarin for most people since, there are many more inflections of sound than in mandarin which is considered a more "modern" dailect.

Old Post 03-10-2003 07:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for maaku-oji Click here to Send maaku-oji a Private Message Visit maaku-oji's homepage! Find more posts by maaku-oji Add maaku-oji to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

quote:
Originally posted by Ladi Jay
do you think native american languages are hard to learn?

Old Post 03-11-2003 12:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote