Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > Wrx Sti Vs Lancer Evo 8
WRX STI vs LANCER EVO 8
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
STI 11 61.11%
EVO 7 38.89%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

Wrx Sti Vs Lancer Evo 8

ok that poll with the wrx and rsx was dumb. new sti vs new evo 8. compare the two. vote which one. now this is a lil bit better.

my vote- evo. d=)

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-31-2002 10:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

evos looked nice from 4-6
the 7s and 8s look like crap to me

Old Post 12-31-2002 11:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:
Originally posted by tea
evos looked nice from 4-6
the 7s and 8s look like crap to me

werd.. cant forget the 3 and the 6.5 Tommi Makinen Edition.

Props To Huby

Old Post 01-01-2003 01:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eddiee
werD?

subarus

Old Post 01-01-2003 04:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for eddiee Click here to Send eddiee a Private Message Find more posts by eddiee Add eddiee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

wrx sti of cos!

now this poll makes sense!

Old Post 01-01-2003 06:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 3-5

Old Post 01-02-2003 05:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxkid
ChOibOii

STI

Old Post 01-04-2003 05:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxkid Click here to Send krnxkid a Private Message Visit krnxkid's homepage! Find more posts by krnxkid Add krnxkid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
touch_my_butt
raging hetero

lookz are shaky...evo would rape the wrx unbelivably hardcore in a race though^^;;

Old Post 01-05-2003 10:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for touch_my_butt Click here to Send touch_my_butt a Private Message Find more posts by touch_my_butt Add touch_my_butt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by touch_my_butt
lookz are shaky...evo would rape the wrx unbelivably hardcore in a race though^^;;

are u joking?!?!?! we're talking about the WRX STi! it'll crap on the evo

Old Post 01-06-2003 03:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by UnisMuiMui
are u joking?!?!?! we're talking about the WRX STi! it'll crap on the evo

as far as numbers go evo's are faster by a very very tiny margin.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 01-06-2003 11:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

The facelifted Subaru Impreza WRX Sti has the same performance 2.0L 261bhp and 253lb ft for 0-60mph 5.2secs and a top speed 148mph.

The Japaneze Evo VIII has a 2.0L turbo 276bhp and 289lb ft. The UK car will have 233bhp (in order to meet european emission rules). However the importers can up the power back to 300bhp top speed should be 162mph. The car also gets a new close-ratio 6-speed gearbox.

they are practically identical. i think it comes down to looks and personal preference.

Props To Huby

Old Post 01-06-2003 11:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

in reply and support for my statement..... here is wat members of the Mitsubishi Evolutionm.net forums say: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showth...?threadid=12019

(i will post more support... i'm researching ^_^)

-edit- hahaha told u i'd be back wit more backup
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showth...?threadid=11982
one evo owner complain about car

off the evo forums again.... some evo fans even agree wrx sti is better: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showth...?threadid=11995
(BTW, they were comparing the evo to the wrx, not the wrx sti..)

Last edited by UnisMuiMui on 01-07-2003 at 02:52 AM

Old Post 01-07-2003 02:46 AM
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

uh.. none of those links prove that the sti will crap on the evo. but 300 hp sti? migodddd. mitsubishi better step up.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 01-07-2003 03:05 AM
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
uh.. none of those links prove that the sti will crap on the evo. but 300 hp sti? migodddd. mitsubishi better step up.

ok here's "real proof": http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...threadid=297087

even if u dun consider those links as proof, it shows some views and opinions of others out there. and those links include some specs on the evo dat u can compare to the sti.

Old Post 01-07-2003 03:08 AM
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by UnisMuiMui
ok here's "real proof": http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...threadid=297087

even if u dun consider those links as proof, it shows some views and opinions of others out there. and those links include some specs on the evo dat u can compare to the sti.

well i haven't really read through every post on all the links. but they were basically bitching and whining about what the evo does not have when it hasn't even come out yet. there were a bunch of official links for the specs on the USDM sti but i havent seen any for the USDM evo. maybe you can link me to one. cuz im lazy d=D

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 01-07-2003 01:01 PM
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

here are some specs on the evo8:
http://www.supercarsite.net/lancer_evolution_viii.htm

http://www.autoweb.com.au/id_MIT/do...ewsarticle.html

Old Post 01-08-2003 10:52 PM
aka
the one and only

the new sti will annihilate the evo 8.

here are specs.

sti 2.5 liter - 300hp 300 ft of torque.

0-60 - low 4's

400m - mid, high 12's

evo can't touch that..

the evo 8 is just a 7 in a new skin, its not a real "evolution"

which means 0-60 in about 4.5

quarter in 13's.

Old Post 01-09-2003 05:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aka Click here to Send aka a Private Message Visit aka's homepage! Find more posts by aka Add aka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ying-One
Underover World Ruler

quote:
Originally posted by sangxjin
The UK car will have 233bhp (in order to meet european emission rules).

I'm pretty the UK is getting 276bhp in the Evo 8. Considering all the other Evos we had. Also, UK is getting it next month a whole year earlier then the US/Jap.

---If ever in doubt, just say "Aiya!"

Old Post 02-14-2003 12:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ying-One Click here to Send Ying-One a Private Message Find more posts by Ying-One Add Ying-One to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrclean42

THE EVO IS BETTER THAN THE STI

Old Post 01-26-2004 05:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrclean42 Click here to Send mrclean42 a Private Message Find more posts by mrclean42 Add mrclean42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hnefrdo
holla at me.

i voted EVO. the two cars are neck and neck. the Sti does have a lil more power, but the EVO has a finer suspension setup. i choose EVO cuz it costs less. this is when sumone steps in and say, "we're comparing the mechanics!" well then if we're not factoring in price, why don't we throw a ferrari in there?
feel free to disagree.

www.xanga.com/hnefrdo

Old Post 01-26-2004 08:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hnefrdo Click here to Send hnefrdo a Private Message Visit hnefrdo's homepage! Find more posts by hnefrdo Add hnefrdo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote