Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Enlightenment > sleep anyone?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
micron
all i need is a miracle

sleep anyone?

wouldnt it be wonderful if oneday someone comes up with a drug that will render sleep useless? too bad there isnt one now but atleast theres modafinil.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-11-2003 05:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chinesegrl

probably... i wouldnt want to stay awake every winking minute tho... it would be kinda boring... no dreams or anythin tho..

Old Post 03-11-2003 05:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chinesegrl Click here to Send Chinesegrl a Private Message Visit Chinesegrl's homepage! Find more posts by Chinesegrl Add Chinesegrl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

sleep is pointless, i wish i could never sleep

Old Post 03-11-2003 03:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Valor
prelapsarian dweller

Heh, I don't know about that. Sleep is good for you. It's one of the only times when you can just relax and drift off into another world. Well, that's what I think about it. Btw...why're you against sleep Jusun? You get so much of it =D

you'll turn and walk away, never
knowing that you are my life.

Old Post 03-11-2003 07:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Valor Click here to Send Valor a Private Message Visit Valor's homepage! Find more posts by Valor Add Valor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Maybe one day if you ever participate in the military, you will understand the importance of sleep.

Old Post 03-11-2003 07:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
Maybe one day if you ever participate in the military, you will understand the importance of sleep.

that too...
oh yeah, maybe if you used cryogenics (yes, that's , my name)you wouldn't age as you sleep, but that's not what you're asking right? you want to stay awake every moment of your life? i personally wouldn't, or would i?

Old Post 03-11-2003 07:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

i would prolly enjoy it cause there would be so many new things to do and expierence and with no sleeping, nights wouldnt be as scary and crime rates would possibly go down due to the fact that more people are around throughout the day. also there prolly wouldnt be as much traffic becuase work schedules could be adjusted to fit the new schedule.

Old Post 03-11-2003 10:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

id probably mentally snap from all the stress that comes from all those days without a break.

Old Post 03-11-2003 10:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

I know you would love to get your hands on some of that modafinil jusun. I wouldn't mind some either.

I find that sleep is such a hindrance to a smooth cycle, mainly because of its physical effects. In the real world, our schedules aren't cut into nice, pretty and equal pieces. Instead, if a our average week was a pie, we find ourselves with the most ill-matched, and ugly pieces scattered over the kitchen table. One day we might find ourselves getting a nice 8 + hours, another 4 or less due to extra work, and some nights we even find ourselves going sleepless. Now this is not a problem if the physical aftermath wasn't so bad but unfortunately it is. Once you get into such an irregular cycle, which many of us unintentionally find ourselves in, our bodies are rarely fully awake. The prolonged feeling of exhaustion and tiredness during the school mornings is not normal and a sign of sleep deprivation. We either need to set a new, consistent schedule with 8+ hours of sleep (which is almost impossible unless we decide to become monks and live in some distant mountain range, devoid of society) or we need a clean drug like modafinil.

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Last edited by merc on 03-13-2003 at 12:51 AM

Old Post 03-13-2003 12:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Lets see:

Taps at 2300

Roll call at 0530

That's about 6 and 1/2 hrs. (If you were to sleep at 2300 and wake up at 0530)

Old Post 03-13-2003 01:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spartan

Wasn't there a thread like this one?

Without sleep your life span decreases because your body is active all the time. In sleep you body relaxes and your heart rate lowers, and your stress is relieved, and breath is slower. So you live longer if you sleep!

Old Post 03-19-2003 03:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spartan Click here to Send Spartan a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan Add Spartan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

i like to sleep actually. so even if everyone is taking that drug, i would still go to bed.

Old Post 03-19-2003 04:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marvinOPPA
i like u this much

quote:
Originally posted by Spartan

Without sleep your life span decreases because your body is active all the time. In sleep you body relaxes and your heart rate lowers, and your stress is relieved, and breath is slower. So you live longer if you sleep!

its not exactly due to sleep... this happens anytime u activate your parasympathetic nervous system. its jus happens that this is easier for most ppl when sleeping.

sleep for me is not the refreshing comforting thing that you guys must have. im not embarassed to say that my dreams are most of the time very disturbing and id rather do witout it.

Old Post 03-19-2003 11:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for marvinOPPA Click here to Send marvinOPPA a Private Message Find more posts by marvinOPPA Add marvinOPPA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chinesegrl

quote:
Originally posted by Spartan

my friend said the news said that if you sleep longer you live less... so if you sleep a whole day you probably live one day less...

well i dunno... i want to dream tho..

Old Post 03-19-2003 11:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chinesegrl Click here to Send Chinesegrl a Private Message Visit Chinesegrl's homepage! Find more posts by Chinesegrl Add Chinesegrl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twinkie
twinkie

Re: sleep anyone?

quote:
Originally posted by jusunlee
wouldnt it be wonderful if oneday someone comes up with a drug that will render sleep useless? too bad there isnt one now but atleast theres modafinil.

...no. i like to sleep jusun. i guess i'll never be a customer.

Old Post 03-20-2003 09:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for twinkie Click here to Send twinkie a Private Message Find more posts by twinkie Add twinkie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kangg fu

sleep

you would never get that feeling of feeling so refreshed and renewed after a good 8-9 hour sleep , when you had a long and tiring day at school the day before...and of course dreams...dreams of flying and such..

Old Post 04-07-2003 06:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kangg fu Click here to Send kangg fu a Private Message Find more posts by kangg fu Add kangg fu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

quote:
Originally posted by Valor
Heh, I don't know about that. Sleep is good for you. It's one of the only times when you can just relax and drift off into another world. Well, that's what I think about it.

troo.. but then there's those times with nightmares.. which make u not wanna sleep ><"

i like sleeping thoe.. makes me feel soo refreshed ^^

Old Post 04-08-2003 06:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote