Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > all who like racing on the streets should read this
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

all who like racing on the streets should read this

read this story at the top of the page... very sad...

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showth...8597#post128597

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-28-2002 08:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

this shit happens every day. we lost a beautiful girl on my forum because of a car/racing accident..

and she wasnt involved, hell she wasnt even a bystander.

THIS is why idiot kids shouldnt try and race. They're prone to do things NO driver should do.

because they're idiot kids who try and race FWD cars on busy streets.

Honestly I dont think light to light racing is that bad, if you're smart about it. Dont race unless there are only two lanes going your direction, dont race if you and your opponent arent the first in each lane, and dont change lanes or pass people in the middle of an intersection to be the first.

but this highway racing these kids do is retarded.

two cars racing from the speed limit to a set point, or until they have to slow is ridiculous. If you were driving to work and you saw a car doing double the speed limit [ie 90 in a 45] naturally you might change lanes to get out of his way, slow down, or maintain your current speed and not change lanes.

What would you do if there were 2 cars weaving in and out of traffic? How about 3?

stay in your lane and hope you dont get hit? How many of you can play a video game that has you moving at high speeds avoiding objects, watching one or two other fast moving objects that swerve back and forth, and not hit anything? Maybe you can, but for how long?

Old Post 11-28-2002 09:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

people take chances just by going to a street race

if they lose their lives, they have no one to blame except themselves

Old Post 11-29-2002 12:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

wow. thats so horrible

i really dont think fwd has anything to do with stupidity of street racers who disregard the lives of other drivers and their passengers.

this is why i dont speed anymore. Godamnit.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 11-29-2002 12:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

i dun race no more too.. one of my fren got arrested.. and one got into accident.. in his celica.. buh thas not tha case, he got his left leg all screwed up.. and tha whole front wuz takin off. so yea, i dun do racing, buh i still speed.. not alot tho. i also want to change cars.. cuz rsx is fukin weak as hell

Old Post 11-29-2002 01:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indecisive
the Deranged one

if you're stupid about it like weaving through traffic then that's totally wrong. but if you like scout out the site and make sure there's no other cars. like prototype said. 2 lanes in one direction w/o weaving is the only way to do it(and on a pretty flat road) otherwise it's not worth winning a race.

like when my friend and I did our runs we scouted out for the perfect place for 2-3 weeks.

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Old Post 11-29-2002 01:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indecisive Click here to Send indecisive a Private Message Find more posts by indecisive Add indecisive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yur_swt_angel
:)

omg.. thats sho sad...... :sad:

Old Post 11-29-2002 01:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for yur_swt_angel Click here to Send yur_swt_angel a Private Message Find more posts by yur_swt_angel Add yur_swt_angel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

thats horrible but it happens everytime people take risk they may not realize the danger but still do it

Old Post 11-29-2002 01:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
neomatrix2000

Wow reading all this makes you think twice about even driving. You just don't know how many stupid people take life for granted. When will people learn racing on the streets is not a good idea.

Old Post 11-29-2002 02:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for neomatrix2000 Click here to Send neomatrix2000 a Private Message Find more posts by neomatrix2000 Add neomatrix2000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
wow. thats so horrible

i really dont think fwd has anything to do with stupidity of street racers who disregard the lives of other drivers and their passengers.

this is why i dont speed anymore. Godamnit.

it does though, street racers who race FWD cars dont understand the logistics and physics involved in weight, acceleration, traction, and other simple physics concepts.

chances are, if they race FWD cars without understanding that RWD makes FWD obsolete.. they dont understand what it takes to be a good driver.

they wouldnt understand about powering out of oversteer, or feathering the brake and gas to stop understeer.

People like that shouldnt try and race, just like any other extreme sport. Dont do it unless you know how.

Old Post 11-29-2002 03:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indecisive
the Deranged one

wut RWD you gotta worry too. cuz usually your weight isn't on your rear wheels so changing lanes while going fast might cause the rear to break loose and it's probably harder to regain control wif a FR than it is with an FF.

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Old Post 11-29-2002 05:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indecisive Click here to Send indecisive a Private Message Find more posts by indecisive Add indecisive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OneHeart
Loveable, What Else?

If you want to race, TAKE IT TO THE TRACK. Why do you suppose insurance is so high for a certain age range? Better yet (to make it personal), why do you think your insurance rate is where it's at today? You may not be racing per se, but guess who has bumped your rate to where it is today? You guessed it, your fellow "racing" peers. {Sarcasm: ON} Don't forget to thank them for your "wonderful" rate. {Sarcasm: OFF}

Here's a link to an old, old, old post in the past. I guess it has now come back to haunt the forum...

http://jusunlee.com/forums/showthre...mp;pagenumber=2

Last edited by OneHeart on 11-29-2002 at 06:26 AM

Old Post 11-29-2002 06:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for OneHeart Find more posts by OneHeart Add OneHeart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marvinOPPA
i like u this much

quote:
Originally posted by OneHeart
If you want to race, TAKE IT TO THE TRACK. Why do you suppose insurance is so high for a certain age range? Better yet (to make it personal), why do you think your insurance rate is where it's at today? You may not be racing per se, but guess who has bumped your rate to where it is today? You guessed it, your fellow "racing" peers. {Sarcasm: ON} Don't forget to thank them for your "wonderful" rate. {Sarcasm: OFF}

Here's a link to an old, old, old post in the past. I guess it has now come back to haunt the forum...

http://jusunlee.com/forums/showthre...mp;pagenumber=2

oneheart....thanks for my insurance rate >.~

Old Post 11-29-2002 07:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for marvinOPPA Click here to Send marvinOPPA a Private Message Find more posts by marvinOPPA Add marvinOPPA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OneHeart
Loveable, What Else?

quote:
Originally posted by marvinOPPA
oneheart....thanks for my insurance rate >.~

Think I've stepped on someone's toe. =)

Old Post 11-29-2002 08:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for OneHeart Find more posts by OneHeart Add OneHeart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by Prototype

it does though, street racers who race FWD cars dont understand the logistics and physics involved in weight, acceleration, traction, and other simple physics concepts.

chances are, if they race FWD cars without understanding that RWD makes FWD obsolete.. they dont understand what it takes to be a good driver.

they wouldnt understand about powering out of oversteer, or feathering the brake and gas to stop understeer.

People like that shouldnt try and race, just like any other extreme sport. Dont do it unless you know how.

that really wasn't my point at all.
it's about stupidity and wrecklessness.
i understand what your saying and i'll agree with some points. but in my opinon i think your statement is totally giving a false message to all the kids out there with rear wheel drives implying that it is safer for them to drive at high speed racing situations. it's just a lil ignorant to the fact that racing is dangerous no matter what you drive. period.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 11-29-2002 08:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OneHeart
Loveable, What Else?

Oh no...here we go again. Round Two. :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

Old Post 11-29-2002 04:57 PM
marvinOPPA
i like u this much

quote:
Originally posted by OneHeart

Think I've stepped on someone's toe. =)

nah not really but do u think ur excluded from this? and dont be tryin to tell me u've never speeded...cuz dats BS....like ur shat dont stink right? i realize dis is a fyi but u dont need to patronize

Old Post 11-29-2002 08:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for marvinOPPA Click here to Send marvinOPPA a Private Message Find more posts by marvinOPPA Add marvinOPPA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU

that really wasn't my point at all.
it's about stupidity and wrecklessness.
i understand what your saying and i'll agree with some points. but in my opinon i think your statement is totally giving a false message to all the kids out there with rear wheel drives implying that it is safer for them to drive at high speed racing situations. it's just a lil ignorant to the fact that racing is dangerous no matter what you drive. period.

yeah, agreed. wreckless driving endangers everyone.

Old Post 11-29-2002 10:10 PM
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by tea
people take chances just by going to a street race

if they lose their lives, they have no one to blame except themselves

true, but wat about the mother with children in the van (from the story posted above)? they didnt even know...

newayz, my point in posting this story is not for u guys to fight over.... just read it and keep others on the road in mind.

Old Post 11-30-2002 02:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OneHeart
Loveable, What Else?

quote:
Originally posted by marvinOPPA
nah not really but do u think ur excluded from this? and dont be tryin to tell me u've never speeded...cuz dats BS....like ur shat dont stink right? i realize dis is a fyi but u dont need to patronize

Not really? By the tone of your response, I would think otherwise. However I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

If you'll note, this issue deals with harms of racing. Yes, speed is involved in racing. But the issue is about racing and what harm it can do (or has done in this case). Speeding in and of itself is another issue (which is beyond the scope of this issue).

P.S. I've never laid claim to never speeding. But also note that I've never laid claim to speeding either. I just never said. But as far as racing on the streets, I'm afraid I drive too much like a granny to be racing. Draw your own conclusions from that.

So let me ask you point blank: Where do you think racing should take place? I've already stated mine.

Intriguing conversation though. Cheers! =)

Old Post 11-30-2002 05:04 AM