Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Literature > the most boring book you've ever had to read
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
annabanana
Food Moderator

the most boring book you've ever had to read

the most boring book I've ever had to read was Conrad's Heart of Darkness. it's about these guys that are on a boat traveling the Congo River in Africa. it's so boring!!!! but it was worth reading.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-16-2002 02:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

Argh..... Um.. It was called 'The Pearl'. I've forgotten who wrote it. It is something you should read I guess if you want to learn about cultural/social attitudes and you want a short book.. but yeah. I remember that the author was known for having unhappy endings. It was such a boring book though /:

Old Post 05-16-2002 11:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lovedontloveme Click here to Send lovedontloveme a Private Message Visit lovedontloveme's homepage! Find more posts by lovedontloveme Add lovedontloveme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

hmmm, "The Jungle," "Grapes of Wrath" (not incredibly, but still), maybe even "Anna Karenina" (it's interesting so it's not that boring, but i just didn't feel like reading it)

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 05-17-2002 05:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
hmmm, "The Jungle," "Grapes of Wrath" (not incredibly, but still), maybe even "Anna Karenina" (it's interesting so it's not that boring, but i just didn't feel like reading it)

ah. i understand how you feel about anna karenina.. i've got that book right now.. its really interesting to read about russian society and stuff but it does get boring -.- sigh
not necessarily boring.. umm just not so enjoyable -.-

Old Post 05-17-2002 06:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for lovedontloveme Click here to Send lovedontloveme a Private Message Visit lovedontloveme's homepage! Find more posts by lovedontloveme Add lovedontloveme to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

the odyssey, ugh. you would think that it would be fun to read, but when you actually see the words, it's pretty long.

Old Post 05-18-2002 03:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

fahrenheit 451

Old Post 05-18-2002 02:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JuJu
shaKe :: sHake

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM
fahrenheit 451

aaahhhh serious!!! wtf i have to read that next in english!
damn it

ah well its not like i read it neways! omgosh i just notict that i never actually read ne of the books i was suppose to... ahahaha... i still passed niccceeeee.....

Old Post 05-19-2002 07:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JuJu Click here to Send JuJu a Private Message Find more posts by JuJu Add JuJu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Babu2002

The Outsiders...

Old Post 05-21-2002 07:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Babu2002 Click here to Send Babu2002 a Private Message Find more posts by Babu2002 Add Babu2002 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by Babu2002
The Outsiders...

The Outsiders was a nice book, short and good . I read that on my own though, and wasn't required to, maybe that has something to do with it ^^

-Cromwell

Old Post 05-26-2002 03:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by lovedontloveme
Argh..... Um.. It was called 'The Pearl'. I've forgotten who wrote it. It is something you should read I guess if you want to learn about cultural/social attitudes and you want a short book.. but yeah. I remember that the author was known for having unhappy endings. It was such a boring book though /:

yeah, i remember that story, isnt that the one where the guys baby gets shot in the end?

Old Post 05-27-2002 06:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micron
all i need is a miracle

the sun also rises by hemingway. also this side of paradise by fitzgerald. though both books were very insightful.

Old Post 05-28-2002 03:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lovedontloveme

quote:
Originally posted by seung ju

yeah, i remember that story, isnt that the one where the guys baby gets shot in the end?

yup yup the baby dies /:

oh and another boring but insightful book : the great gatsby by fitzgerald.
well it was kinda not boring but it was boring too o.0 aish.

Old Post 05-28-2002 09:00 AM
Ggomah Kaze
Jung Pilgyo's Wife

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM
fahrenheit 451

Word... Pointless. Totally did not get it for a while.

And never EVER read "Wind In The Willows." I'm a very tolerant reader and can read just about anything~ even Fareignheit 451. But I just COULDN'T finish reading this book. The boringest and most stupid thing ever. :sleepy:

Old Post 05-29-2002 12:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ggomah Kaze Click here to Send Ggomah Kaze a Private Message Find more posts by Ggomah Kaze Add Ggomah Kaze to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:
Originally posted by lovedontloveme

yup yup the baby dies /:

oh and another boring but insightful book : the great gatsby by fitzgerald.
well it was kinda not boring but it was boring too o.0 aish.

yea i think it was by John Steinbech or something like that..

Props To Huby

Old Post 06-02-2002 04:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

Fahrenheit 451 was all right. It had enough abundance of literary elements and allusions that it was interesting to keep on reading it. I really like the end of the book too. Love that part

-Cromwell

Old Post 06-02-2002 04:38 AM
GinaDaQueen

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

and

To Kill a Mockingbird by.... some guy sorry i forget

Old Post 06-02-2002 04:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GinaDaQueen Click here to Send GinaDaQueen a Private Message Find more posts by GinaDaQueen Add GinaDaQueen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hoyoungz luv
eunice~

PsychoSnowman ->

quote:
Fahrenheit 451 was all right. It had enough abundance of literary elements and allusions that it was interesting to keep on reading it. I really like the end of the book too. Love that part

Really? I did NOT pick up on any literary elements or allusions when I read it. I read it for my English class in the 7th grade and i remember hating it. I never really understood it. I guess I should go back and reread it. May I ask what the literary elements were though?

^yeP. I don't like Jane Eyre either Gina. I can never get past the middle of the book. Grr, I must've started that book at least 4 times without finishing it. But you didn't like To Kill A Mockingbird? Ahh... I loved that book. Oh, it's Harper Lee. I really liked Scout though, such a smart little kid.

come join the fun -> and ->

Old Post 06-07-2002 08:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hoyoungz luv Click here to Send hoyoungz luv a Private Message Find more posts by hoyoungz luv Add hoyoungz luv to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by hoyoungz luv

Really? I did NOT pick up on any literary elements or allusions when I read it. I read it for my English class in the 7th grade and i remember hating it. I never really understood it. I guess I should go back and reread it. May I ask what the literary elements were though?

hmm, hah i dunno i read it in 8th grade and don't remember it that much. That was awhile ago but i remember it being all symbolic haha, yeah i'm not being much help but there actually is a lot of stuff in there and i really didn't have to analyze it to find it cuase it was obvious enough, hmm what were they? hehe.

Some stuff that comes to mind is like at the end where they mention the tree and thats actually something out of revelations but bradbury just intertwined it really well so as to make it discreet. That passage was significant cause it summarized the whole book, about the fruit of the tree of knowledge and stuff if i remember correctly. Not only that but the people who memorize the books, one of them memorized revelations and he was probably the one talking, i don't remember what made me realize it...maybe it was italics or something, but i recognized it. Also there's the whole idea of books being burned, symbolic nature of those, the fireman, the contradicting name of them, the elusive and inebriated (so to speak) society who succumbs to whatever the govt wants, why nobody cares about learning anyting from the books. I really liked that part at the end where they talked about being a sloth, ah i gotta read that again heh, you know where....Faber? is that his name? It might not be and probably isn't but, yeah he was talking about wanting to be a sloth for its laziness and such...i loved that part hah, i forgot exactly what he said about it.

I'm sure there's a lot more, thats just off the top of my head from like 5 years ago.

-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 06-07-2002 at 04:23 PM

Old Post 06-07-2002 04:20 PM
kariyan_gi

Thumbs down i red tha dictionary

da dictonary iz tha most boring book i'v evr red. during ssr i wood nt shut up so tha teacher made me sit in da hall n read da dictionary. i found out wat arete iz. en i found out faggot iz not a gai person.....itz a bundle of stix. datz da onli thing i'v learned in scool. n i also lernd wat weed smells like.

Old Post 06-20-2002 04:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kariyan_gi Click here to Send kariyan_gi a Private Message Find more posts by kariyan_gi Add kariyan_gi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

the pearl
travels with charlie
gifted hands

Old Post 06-29-2002 05:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote