Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Pictures > Personal Pictures > I hate my car
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

I hate my car

Since everyone posting their cars that they LOVE, i'll post mine as well .. it gives me nothing but headache. I've nicknamed it the "POS14".

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-05-2005 09:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eddiee
werD?

nice plates

Old Post 08-05-2005 10:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for eddiee Click here to Send eddiee a Private Message Find more posts by eddiee Add eddiee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronnn
Suby!

hey man, at least you got rear wheel drive to take your around those twisties. mine is all about understeering and it just doesnt cut it for me when i get on the track.

so what have you done on it so far?
and how many freakin cars have you gone through? haha

Old Post 08-06-2005 05:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronnn Click here to Send aaronnn a Private Message Find more posts by aaronnn Add aaronnn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

sang i still thing it's sexy :D

Old Post 08-06-2005 06:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by aaronnn
so what have you done on it so far?
and how many freakin cars have you gone through? haha

you can't tell in this picture but it's slotted rotors with some falken azenis. adjustable RUCA

notpictured:
aurora 8.5 mm spark plug wires with NGK double Platinum spark plugs
kaaz 2.0 way lsd
TEin Tie Rods.

I only had this and a civic.

Thanks Alex, you are sexy as well.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 08-07-2005 09:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronnn
Suby!

hmm.. youre using platinum sparks too.. alotta people are telling me to go with iridiums, what do you think?

i wish tein made more suspension and chassis stiffening stuff for my car. i had to go all neuspeeds and its not that great of an improvement.

also, did you feel much of a differnce when you went with the slotted rotors? i barely noticed the difference, only when i went on the track, it just lasted longer while i was braking hard compared to stock but on daily cruising barely any significance in the brake feel.

and those headers are SICK! wish mine was all twisted up, would definitly help keep the headers warmer, but i want to get mine jet coated/ceramic coated and then wrapped so it doesnt heat up the engine too much

Old Post 08-08-2005 03:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronnn Click here to Send aaronnn a Private Message Find more posts by aaronnn Add aaronnn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

quote:
Originally posted by aaronnn
hmm.. youre using platinum sparks too.. alotta people are telling me to go with iridiums, what do you think?

i wish tein made more suspension and chassis stiffening stuff for my car. i had to go all neuspeeds and its not that great of an improvement.

also, did you feel much of a differnce when you went with the slotted rotors? i barely noticed the difference, only when i went on the track, it just lasted longer while i was braking hard compared to stock but on daily cruising barely any significance in the brake feel.

and those headers are SICK! wish mine was all twisted up, would definitly help keep the headers warmer, but i want to get mine jet coated/ceramic coated and then wrapped so it doesnt heat up the engine too much

iridiums are supposedly a colder and stronger spark but the car came with the NGK double platinums.. and they're like 10 bucks each (same price as HKS iridiums, or denso iridiums).. so i just stuck with that. Besides, Platinum last for years but when the time comes to change, i'm going to try some nice expensive iridiums to keep the spark nice and healthy. I doubt i'll feel the difference tho d=)

You won't feel any difference in slotted or cross drilled rotors unless you're racing for hours in which they just cool better and faster than your stock rotors. Also cross drilled i hear are more of a gimmick. Change your brake lines to braided steel lines.. that'll make the most difference in brake PEDAL feel (no more sponginess and they're less than a hundred bucks).. and also a good set of brake pads that bite well and won't fade fast (there are different pads as well.. ones that bite immediately.. and pads that are progressive.. it's your preference). I'd say spend at least a hundred bucks on pads front and rear together.

Those headers already ate up my distributor cuz its hot as hell under there. It's chewing up all my lines but i'm going to just cover up my distributor, throttle cable and some other rubber hoses with some thermo tec stuff. I hear wrapping your header might cause them to crack and Jet coating is pretty expensive. I'm just gonna raise my hood about 5 to 10 mm higher so hot air can escape, although it kind of looks retarded to me (i could go with a vented hood but that's too Hot import nights for me). Somebody once told me that i could also get 3 inch in/ 3 inch out aftermarket catalytic converter to reduce the heat emitting from the headers... something about distributing heat more thoroughly through the piping or heat travel.. something like that. You'd have to try it to see if it really works.

As far as the TEIN's go, i can't really complain cuz i got them at a pretty good price from Marvin's friend. $1280 without tax and shipping ($20). But i'm kind of wishing i went with something a little more stiffer, maybe some TEIN HE. Oh well, they'll do for now. But if you are going to go coilover, there are tons of brands out there that's just as good. TEIN's are only good for me because of the price, availability and the fact that if i blow my shocks or need revalving, i could send them to TEIN USA which i believe is somewhere in cali.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 08-08-2005 09:52 AM
aaronnn
Suby!

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
iridiums are supposedly a colder and stronger spark but the car came with the NGK double platinums.. and they're like 10 bucks each (same price as HKS iridiums, or denso iridiums).. so i just stuck with that. Besides, Platinum last for years but when the time comes to change, i'm going to try some nice expensive iridiums to keep the spark nice and healthy. I doubt i'll feel the difference tho d=)

You won't feel any difference in slotted or cross drilled rotors unless you're racing for hours in which they just cool better and faster than your stock rotors. Also cross drilled i hear are more of a gimmick. Change your brake lines to braided steel lines.. that'll make the most difference in brake PEDAL feel (no more sponginess and they're less than a hundred bucks).. and also a good set of brake pads that bite well and won't fade fast (there are different pads as well.. ones that bite immediately.. and pads that are progressive.. it's your preference). I'd say spend at least a hundred bucks on pads front and rear together.

Those headers already ate up my distributor cuz its hot as hell under there. It's chewing up all my lines but i'm going to just cover up my distributor, throttle cable and some other rubber hoses with some thermo tec stuff. I hear wrapping your header might cause them to crack and Jet coating is pretty expensive. I'm just gonna raise my hood about 5 to 10 mm higher so hot air can escape, although it kind of looks retarded to me (i could go with a vented hood but that's too Hot import nights for me). Somebody once told me that i could also get 3 inch in/ 3 inch out aftermarket catalytic converter to reduce the heat emitting from the headers... something about distributing heat more thoroughly through the piping or heat travel.. something like that. You'd have to try it to see if it really works.

As far as the TEIN's go, i can't really complain cuz i got them at a pretty good price from Marvin's friend. $1280 without tax and shipping ($20). But i'm kind of wishing i went with something a little more stiffer, maybe some TEIN HE. Oh well, they'll do for now. But if you are going to go coilover, there are tons of brands out there that's just as good. TEIN's are only good for me because of the price, availability and the fact that if i blow my shocks or need revalving, i could send them to TEIN USA which i believe is somewhere in cali.

hmm. yeah i just ordered my Goodrich stainless steel lines last night, im gonna get them changed out with my EBC Greenstuff pads. heard those kevlar pads bite hard without brake squeal.

huh, my headers are just straight 3 to 1 and goes directly to the downpipe so it doesnt get too hot at all. ceramic or jet coating costs an extra 200 bucks plus shipping it would be a pain. i guess just wrapping it would be best for my car.

Tein's are the only ones that are recommended on my car, remember my car is considered a sporty luxury sedan so there's a very limited availability in the aftermarket products. there's also NEX and some other brand i always forget. although i could go cheaper and get H&R Sports springs with Koni Yellows adjustables..

Old Post 08-09-2005 03:20 AM