Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > School Life > Have you heard?
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

that's great and all, but how did that answer my question?

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-15-2005 09:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

quote:
Originally posted by garciaas
Sorry man.... Didn't think it would be THAT bad.

You don't think that being racist is that bad? Die.

quote:
You see.......many a times I forget that......I'm not talking to people I know. Sometimes I just "assume" that you will know what I'm talking about.....or when I'm just simply joking!

Once is a joke, twice gets you punched in the face. That's why I didn't say anything until you used the phrase multiple times.

quote:
I don't mean to offend anyone! I'm REALLY sorry.....hmmmmm I should punish myself!

What does intent mean here? Clearly I was annoyed when I said it the first time and then you said "oooh you must be iraqi". Really, what the hell could that mean? What use of that phrase could be anything NOT racist?

Old Post 04-16-2005 08:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

[QUOTE]Originally posted by aaqthree
[B]You don't think that being racist is that bad? Die.

That's not what I said! Obviously, you didn't "get it." When I say that I didn't think it would be THAT bad I meant that I didn't know it would offend him. Clearly, he's more sensitive than I thought! Racism is something extremely horrible! It's DISGUSTING! That's one of the reasons why I switched schools: the founders and teachers there were super racist against everyone that was not caucasion. Of course, racism is everywhere, even at my current school......but it's not as bad as my previous school.

Old Post 04-18-2005 11:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for garciaas Click here to Send garciaas a Private Message Visit garciaas's homepage! Find more posts by garciaas Add garciaas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

Ok so you're just an idiot, because I DID say "Stop using the phrase 'crazy Iraqi people'."

I didn't get REALLY pissed until you responded with "Ooooh you must be a native from Iraq!"

Explain to me how that's NOT supposed to be offensive. It's offensive on three levels: one, it completely disregarded the original annoyance that I expressed at the usage of the phrase "crazy Iraqi people", two, it implies that being Iraqi is necessarily a bad thing, and three, it implies that only Iraqis would care about racism toward Iraqis.

"Thus I refute thee." (can't remember the attribution to that, but it was some dude who kicked a rock in response to the philosophy that all of life is really just illusions, perception isn't truth, etc)

Old Post 04-19-2005 02:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by aaqthree

Explain to me how that's NOT supposed to be offensive. It's offensive on three levels: one, it completely disregarded the original annoyance that I expressed at the usage of the phrase "crazy Iraqi people", two, it implies that being Iraqi is necessarily a bad thing, and three, it implies that only Iraqis would care about racism toward Iraqis.

But, but, but.....she....she didn't say that!

and as for our local dumbass ("I'm not local, i'm from belize and at SHC right now doo doo head! ) , maybe she should look at this: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2668933

-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 04-19-2005 at 03:55 AM

Old Post 04-19-2005 03:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
But, but, but.....she....she didn't say that!

and as for our local dumbass ("I'm not local, i'm from belize and at SHC right now doo doo head! ) , maybe she should look at this: http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2668933

Can someone check her IP, maybe she's not really a little girl/30yr old who does all this. Maybe it's just someone who's messing with us.

Old Post 04-19-2005 05:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

yeah, i was thinking if she was a troll, that would earn her some respect.

-Cromwell

Old Post 04-19-2005 06:07 AM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
[B]But, but, but.....she....she didn't say that!

I suppose you think that's very funny.

Old Post 04-20-2005 10:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for garciaas Click here to Send garciaas a Private Message Visit garciaas's homepage! Find more posts by garciaas Add garciaas to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garciaas
Real Model Artist

[QUOTE]Originally posted by aaqthree
[B]

There are two sides to EVERY story! I already told you MY part of the story. Now, I'm finally getting to understand YOUR part.

Old Post 04-20-2005 10:46 PM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:
yeah, i was thinking if she was a troll, that would earn her some respect.

Old Post 04-20-2005 10:47 PM
aaqthree
3 Newtons

quote:

There are two sides to EVERY story! I already told you MY part of the story. Now, I'm finally getting to understand YOUR part.

So your side was what exactly?

That you were "quoting your dad", and it was "funny to you"?

That you "didn't mean to be racist"?

Just explain what "Oooo you must be a native from Iraq" was supposed to mean if it wasn't supposed to be racist then. I've mentioned this numerous times now, and you have still not responded to this point.

Old Post 04-20-2005 11:25 PM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:
So your side was what exactly?

That you were "quoting your dad", and it was "funny to you"?

That you "didn't mean to be racist"?

Just explain what "Oooo you must be a native from Iraq" was supposed to mean if it wasn't supposed to be racist then. I've mentioned this numerous times now, and you have still not responded to this point.

Oh GOD! you STILL don't get it? You gotta be KIDDING me? I mean.......seriously.......you don't get it? Maybe if I explain it to you like if you were a 1st grader you'll understand.

Bugs Bunny says something like "crazy iraqi people"

Daffy Duck gets mad about it

What will Bugs Bunny think? If you still can't figure it out, he would probably think that Daffy Duck is Iraqi or have iraqi friends! SOMETHIN across that line!

so Bugs Bunny says: you must be a native from Iraq!

There's nothing wrong with what he was thinking, right? He wasn't being racist, he was just being logical. And guess what......

Well, that's EXACTLY how I was thinking!

Old Post 04-22-2005 11:38 PM
aaqthree
3 Newtons

quote:
Oh GOD! you STILL don't get it? You gotta be KIDDING me? I mean.......seriously.......you don't get it? Maybe if I explain it to you like if you were a 1st grader you'll understand.

What will Bugs Bunny think? If you still can't figure it out, he would probably think that Daffy Duck is Iraqi or have iraqi friends! SOMETHIN across that line!

There's nothing wrong with what he was thinking, right? He wasn't being racist, he was just being logical. And guess what......

To respond, I'll quote myself:

quote:

And yes, it is racist. Assuming that only Iraqis would care about Iraqis is assuming that there is something so inhumane about Iraqis that would make the rest of humanity not care about them. And still, "Oooo you must be a native from Iraq" has a very pugnacious connotation, implying that there is something wrong with being Iraqi.

Old Post 04-23-2005 02:47 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:

what the hell, you are likening yourself to a sophomoric cartoon character. Is there something wrong with what he was thinking? to you, people who think differently than normative views are wrong (as we go back and look at the thread where you said "crazy people don't know any better!"), it could very well be wrong. But, to someone as me i would say there is nothing "wrong" about it, but i think it acting in bad ethics, is insensitive, and not civiliized.

If you insult someone, stop being a coward, stop copping out of things by not answering specific questions aaqthree poses at you, also stop getting impatient with them when we are the ones being patient with a young''n such as yourself.

Whether or not your logic followed a consistent path, is stupid. I do not see why you place priority in such a miniscule point in this whole discussion.

If someone was talking about a drug dealer, and i said oh he must be black, i am being both sexist and racist. When someone does not like the term crazy iraqis you say that "ooo [they] must be iraqi," but why would non-iraqis like it? In effect, you are:

1) calling aaqthree an iraqi, which he is not,
2) caling him crazy
3) caling all iraqi people crazy
4) you also said in another thread that crazy people do not know any better, so you are saying all iraqis do not know any better (i.e. know as well as the normative thinking do), aaqthree does not know any better, his uncle does not know any better, and finally

you are not even apologetic. You still try to defend yourself, not taking up responsibliity for anything.

Now, stop with you round-a-bout answering, ignroring or whatever, stop being a coward and own up to what you did and how you think.

Whether or not there was somethign wrong in the way you were thinking is irrelevent. No one is concerned here with correctness except you, whether it was right or wrong, it was racist.

-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 04-23-2005 at 07:56 PM

Old Post 04-23-2005 07:50 PM
aaqthree
3 Newtons

quote:

If someone was talking about a drug dealer, and i said oh he must be black, i am being both sexist and racist. When someone does not like the term crazy iraqis you say that "ooo [they] must be iraqi," but why would non-iraqis like it? In effect, you are:

1) calling aaqthree an iraqi, which he is not,
2) caling him crazy
3) caling all iraqi people crazy
4) you also said in another thread that crazy people do not know any better, so you are saying all iraqis do not know any better (i.e. know as well as the normative thinking do), aaqthree does not know any better, his uncle does not know any better, and finally

More than that, it is simply using the word "Iraqi" as an insult, which is inherently just racist.

But yeah I agree wholeheartedly with everything in your post.

Old Post 04-24-2005 12:23 AM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:
To respond, I'll quote myself:

And yes, it is racist. Assuming that only Iraqis would care about Iraqis is assuming that there is something so inhumane about Iraqis that would make the rest of humanity not care about them. And still, "Oooo you must be a native from Iraq" has a very pugnacious connotation, implying that there is something wrong with being Iraqi.

The only thing that I assumed was that you were Iraqi, that that only Iraqis care about Iraqis. You are the ones being offensive to me because I'm extremely against racism. And by telling me that I'm racist is totally offensive. You took that little statement was was supposedly a joke WAY too deep I would say. I apologize again, for any misinterpretations. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.

Old Post 04-26-2005 10:55 PM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

[B]what the hell, you are likening yourself to a sophomoric cartoon character. Is there something wrong with what he was thinking?

Is there something wrong with how I was thinking? Anyway, I didn't say there was anything wrong with what he was thinking.

Old Post 04-26-2005 10:57 PM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

[B]
If someone was talking about a drug dealer, and i said oh he must be black, i am being both sexist and racist.

Not if you were only joking! (As I was doing! )

Old Post 04-26-2005 10:59 PM
garciaas
Real Model Artist

quote:

Whether or not there was somethign wrong in the way you were thinking is irrelevent. No one is concerned here with correctness except you, whether it was right or wrong, it was racist.

Jokes are jokes and they are not intended to be realistic or intentionally hurt anyone's feelings. That's why they are called jokes. I joke like this all the time with my family members, teachers, and friends. But if that joke hurt anyone's feelings, again, for the millionth time, it wasn't intentional and I'm very, very sorry. Now, could we not talk about this anymore? As I've stated before, continually saying that I was being racist is actually extremely offensive. But once again, I'm sorry. The most I can call myself was being ignorant (in that case.)

Old Post 04-26-2005 11:07 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

ignorant and thereby racist

-Cromwell

Old Post 04-27-2005 12:05 AM