Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Technology > windows xp pro downgrade to home.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AzBluOctn118

windows xp pro downgrade to home.

is it possible to install n run a copy of windows xp home(upgrade) on a computer running on windows xp pro?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-26-2004 04:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AzBluOctn118 Click here to Send AzBluOctn118 a Private Message Find more posts by AzBluOctn118 Add AzBluOctn118 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gen Tso Chiken

yes you can. its called dual boot. just partition your hard drive (if you have space) and install on the partition. as for downgrading, it might work but you should back up everything (regardless of what you do) and give it a shot. make sure you can redo everything you do.

Last edited by Gen Tso Chiken on 08-27-2004 at 12:55 AM

Old Post 08-27-2004 12:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gen Tso Chiken Click here to Send Gen Tso Chiken a Private Message Find more posts by Gen Tso Chiken Add Gen Tso Chiken to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
weed smoka

i think what he meant was upgrade home edition to the xp professional

Old Post 10-05-2004 01:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for weed smoka Click here to Send weed smoka a Private Message Find more posts by weed smoka Add weed smoka to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

No, cuz that would make sense.

He specifically asked to downgrade.

Old Post 10-05-2004 06:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

I haven't done it myself (I would never downgrade to the Home edition), but when I reinstall XP over an existing XP installation, it requests that I delete the previous one before proceeding. So I imagine that installing XP Home would do the same to the existing XP Professional installation.

Old Post 10-09-2004 01:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote