Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > S#arp Breaks up
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hyesungu
Mike p(X.X)q

Unhappy S#arp Breaks up

After six albums, four years and numerous performances that made them one of the top groups in Korea 4 member coed group S#arp will abruptly disband. At about 8:30 pm on October 14 (Korea Time) S#arp’s management company World Music made the sudden announcement which sent shock waves throughout the Kpop music industry. The announcement was made soon after company executives interviewed the 4 group members. A long meeting was held after the interviews by 10 company executives. World Music explained that while 2 officials wanted to continue S#arp 8 officials thought that there was no point in keeping the group together at this juncture. The final decision was made at about 2 pm. World Music promised to explain the reason behind the break up and the future of the now former members. The main reason behind the break up is thought to be the now well known internal conflict between the two female members Lee Ji Hye and Seo Ji Young which reportedly reached a climax on October 8. Earlier on the 14th during a press conference Seo Ji Young talked about the violent incident that occurred in an elevator at the KBS Hall on the fateful day. “I never cussed at Lee Ji Hye first but I was hit 7 or 8 times by her. After the incident until now she never called me to apologize but I’m willing to accept an apology if she truly means it.” The incident led to the cancellation of their performance at KBS Music Bank on the 10th. As for reports that her mother hit Lee Ji Hye in vengeance Seo Ji Young answered, “Even though it is true that my mother out of anger hit her on the back of head she didn’t swear at her to the point she had to be censored.” At about 9:20 pm after the announcement a red eyed Lee Ji Hye responded, “Even though I did fight with her a lot during throughout this time I still thought of her as a younger sister. I was about to make peace but it’s really sad. I never thought it would come to this. I’m devastated and in shock. I was just going to tell the truth about the whole incident but I never thought it would lead to the group’s break up.” Seo Ji Young also showed emotional tears after learning about the decision in a hospital room. After saying she truly wanted to reconcile with Lee Ji Hye and continue S#arp she apologized to the fans who stayed with them for the past 4 years and expressed that she wanted to continue singing.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-14-2002 10:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hyesungu Click here to Send Hyesungu a Private Message Find more posts by Hyesungu Add Hyesungu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hyesungu
Mike p(X.X)q

It had been a continuning soap opera after news broke out about the now infamous “elevator incident.” Lee Ji Hye told her side of the story in a press conference on the 11th. She said she merely hit Seo Ji Young on the back of the head with her hands a couple of times after supposedly enduring abusive language from her. On the next day the 9th Lee Ji Hye unable to reach her partner instead called her father and her boyfriend actor Ryu Shi Won to apologize. On the next day the 10th after the 1st rehearsal for Music Bank Seo Ji Young suddenly said that she didn’t feel like doing the 2nd rehearsal. Lee Ji Hye sensing what was wrong immediately went to apologize to her in person. According to Lee Ji Hye, Seo Ji Young not only ignored her she also complained to male member Jang Suk Hyun and called her mother who then unexpectedly rushed to the studio to yell profanity at Lee Ji Hye and later hit her in the back of the head. Near the end of the press conference she said she wanted to make peace as soon as possible and continue S#arp.

Seo Ji Young who didn’t attend because of her hospitalization immediately called her a liar after the conference and explained in her own press conference on the 14th that she had actually mistaken Lee Ji Hye for someone else. A misunderstanding Lee Ji Hye then began to beat her on the face and neck. She later claimed to have sustained injury on her hands and neck. She was later hospitalized on the 11th due to a nervous breakdown. As for the cancellation of the Music Bank performance she said she had explained to her manager and Lee Ji Hye that she wasn’t feeling well enough to go on. It was the cancellation of the performance on the 10th that led to the discovery of the elevator incident and later a full blown scandal. Seo Ji Young later said that night that she couldn’t possibly go on as a S#arp member.

Sources close to the two female members said that there was conflict between the two ever since S#arp debuted in 1998. Both have a reputation of having strong egos and being fastidious. One source said that competition between the two ultimately destroyed the group. As the group grew in popularity after their debut, according to the source, Lee Ji Hye and Seo Ji Young increasingly grew jealous of each other and each resented the other trying to take “over the group.” Seo Ji Young’s love courtship of popular actor Ryu Shi Won supposedly did not help things. Enough rumors were spreading to cause Seo Ji Young to politely ask fans to leave him out of the scandal. The future of the 4 members is cloudy but Lee Ji Hye and Seo Ji Young who’s contracts don’t run out until November of next year are expected to go solo. There’s even less certainity concerning the male members. Jang Suk Hyun is currently keeping himself busy while acting in the SBS sitcom “Orange” while Chris Kim might “guest” rap for World Music albums and/or take part in album productions. S#arp had just released their 5th album and were performing what now appears to be their final title track appropriately named “Tears.”

FROM SOLID07.net

Hyesungu has attached this image:

Old Post 10-14-2002 10:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hyesungu Click here to Send Hyesungu a Private Message Find more posts by Hyesungu Add Hyesungu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

not surprising. Its too bad that the better members lost out even though the conflict had nothing to do with them

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-15-2002 01:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

awww... that's too bad... but i wasn't that of a big of fan of s#arp... so i could care less... but still

Old Post 10-15-2002 02:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

girl wit d short hair was cute but needed o fix her teeth they were a good dance group

Old Post 10-15-2002 03:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

wuhtever.. i never reallie liked sharp anywayz.. like two songzz were okiee... buh thas it..

Old Post 10-15-2002 05:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

i only heard kiss me from sharp, which was good

im not really up to date with kpop anymore..yea

Old Post 10-15-2002 06:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NaRa JjAnG
i wanna be tetris champ

sharp was ok......too bad they broke up

www.xanga.com/choi127

Old Post 10-16-2002 01:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for NaRa JjAnG Click here to Send NaRa JjAnG a Private Message Find more posts by NaRa JjAnG Add NaRa JjAnG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

poor s#arp~ dayam seo ji young should've been kicked out instead of splitting the whole group

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 10-16-2002 02:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote