Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > Favoirte classical music piece...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
StardustWolfCry
The Stars Cry Out To Me

Favoirte classical music piece...

I feel like I"m the only one who listens to classical music a lot... here are my 3 favorites....

1) Mozart's Requiem
2) Rachmoninov (ff) 's concerto 3
3) Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven

Ironically, we live to die... life is inevitable, so we are either living, or we are dead, but where are we when we are dead? Maybe we aren't ever "dead".Life is a memory. Time is always moving, so there is no now, thus all life is, is just a memory.

By.....me...Although I'm sure some one thought of that before me...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-14-2004 10:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for StardustWolfCry Click here to Send StardustWolfCry a Private Message Visit StardustWolfCry's homepage! Find more posts by StardustWolfCry Add StardustWolfCry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StardustWolfCry
The Stars Cry Out To Me

And I don't generally like Mozart, not like anyone cares...

Ironically, we live to die... life is inevitable, so we are either living, or we are dead, but where are we when we are dead? Maybe we aren't ever "dead".Life is a memory. Time is always moving, so there is no now, thus all life is, is just a memory.

Old Post 03-14-2004 10:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for StardustWolfCry Click here to Send StardustWolfCry a Private Message Visit StardustWolfCry's homepage! Find more posts by StardustWolfCry Add StardustWolfCry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hnefrdo
holla at me.

pacabell's cannon

www.xanga.com/hnefrdo

Old Post 03-15-2004 05:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hnefrdo Click here to Send hnefrdo a Private Message Visit hnefrdo's homepage! Find more posts by hnefrdo Add hnefrdo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-dK-
FreAk

quote:
Originally posted by hnefrdo
pachelbel's canon

Old Post 03-15-2004 05:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for -dK- Click here to Send -dK- a Private Message Find more posts by -dK- Add -dK- to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:

pacabell's cannon

anyways
Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite.
Grieg's Concerto in A Minor.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 03-15-2004 08:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronnn
Suby!

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
Grieg's Concerto in A Minor.

Grieg's In The Hall Of The Mountain King
Swan Of Tuonela

Old Post 03-16-2004 12:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronnn Click here to Send aaronnn a Private Message Find more posts by aaronnn Add aaronnn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by hnefrdo
pacabell's cannon

me too LOL

Old Post 03-16-2004 12:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

pachelbel, for anyone who cares about spelling. I think that piece is nice to listen to, but i kind of characterize it as the pop of classical music. Simple, and fun. Still though, it is a nice piece. Not one of my favorites though.

But, my favorite is Felix Mendelssohn's Violin Concert no. 1. Amazing, everyone should listen to it once. That is what i think went wrong with classical music, they started to go for a full orchestra and strayed from the godly instrumental family of strings.

Not really wrong, but i love strings. After the romantic era, everything got uglier and diverse for the sake of being diverse (e.g. John Crumb's sounds of the ancient...schoenberg, berg, webern, ehh. I can appreciate it, but that does not make it excellent music).

My favorite programmatic piece is Stravinski's the Rite of Spring. Maybe it is because i had to study it for a year and write too many essays on it, but still it is quite remarkable.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 03-16-2004 at 02:08 AM

Old Post 03-16-2004 01:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StardustWolfCry
The Stars Cry Out To Me

Was the Mendelssohn concerto 1 the one in E minor? Because I played that this year for the competition... still waiting for results, but I probably didn't win... I was the youngest one...

Old Post 03-16-2004 02:38 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

No, Mendelssohn composed many concertos for violin and the one in e minor is not the same as hsi violin concerto no. 1. i do not believe so anyway, i was just looking online to double check and they have different opus numbers.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 03-17-2004 01:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StardustWolfCry
The Stars Cry Out To Me

E minor was Opus 64

Old Post 03-17-2004 02:18 AM
RS Trax

- you damn Classical-heads! ;;know too much..
- mine are:

Barber's Adagio for Strings (including William Orbit's remake)
Ravel's Pavane pour une Infante Défunte (incl. William Orbit's remake)
Albinoni's Adagio for Organ and Strings in G Minor
Vangelis' Light and Shadow
Gouryella meets Orchestre Cyber France de Paris - Tenshi (Version Classique)
System F meets Orchestre Cyber France de Paris - Out of the Blue (Version Classique)
John Ewbank's composition for Marco Borsato's Voor altijd (or Gouryella's Ligaya)

- and.. oh yeah! i too enjoy Pachelbel's Canon in D
- my friend and i even wrote a song/beat inspired by it..
- it's called Sweet Lullaby, listen to it here
- recently remade it for the new year =) enjoy!

Old Post 03-18-2004 07:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RS Trax Click here to Send RS Trax a Private Message Visit RS Trax's homepage! Find more posts by RS Trax Add RS Trax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kiggaplease

one can never know too much about classical music

my pick: Tomaso Antonio Vitali - Chaconne

Old Post 03-18-2004 09:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kiggaplease Click here to Send kiggaplease a Private Message Find more posts by kiggaplease Add kiggaplease to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote