Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > School Life > I got in I got in!!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MellowYellow

I got in I got in!!!

YES! okay so how many things have you tried getting into for next year? like AP classes or such and such

okay well i went for auxiliaries(color guard). 2 ap classes, yearbook, and top band...... so far i know that

i got into auxiliaries.. and an ap class..... mang waiting is such torture!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-04-2002 05:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AiSH
o wha

hm.. i was thinkin of joinin year book also.. but i got no photography skills..

Old Post 05-04-2002 06:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AiSH Click here to Send AiSH a Private Message Find more posts by AiSH Add AiSH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

you can sign up for yearbook in our school if you want ...not skill required heh.

Anyway, the only thing i tried out for is the highest choir we have in our school made up of 16 members that are handpicked by the director (of course) called Song Leaders. I wonder if i'll make it in? haha, she gave me a hint (before my audition i must stress!) by asking "would your schedule allow you to be in song leaders next year, cause i'm really considering you." That was before my audition cause it's basically a solo every single day for me (1 of 3 tenors, of which the other two sing faintly if at all) and she knew how i sung the pieces and really likes my voice! Though i was really sick on our VIDEOTAPED audtions, nooo! haha they are videotaped. Anyway i was sick so i couldn't get as high as i usually can so i had to use Falseto (for those who don't know what it is, it's the way that guys can sing in the female octaves) more often and though she says i have a good falseto i shouldn't have used it that much (but i wouldn't be able to get up there without it, why did auditions have to be that week?) I wish it was just an audition for her, and not to a videocamera cause there wasn't any place to start over or anything. This is my last year to make it in, so... hehe.

Oh well, i hope i make it in! if i don't, i'm not going back to concert choir, just men's ensemble .

Old Post 05-06-2002 08:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
annabanana
Food Moderator

Re: I got in I got in!!!

quote:
Originally posted by MellowYellow
YES! okay so how many things have you tried getting into for next year? like AP classes or such and such
i got into auxiliaries.. and an ap class..... mang waiting is such torture!

you have to try to get into an AP class? at my school, you just write it on your schedule and you get it.

Old Post 05-06-2002 12:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

Re: Re: I got in I got in!!!

quote:
Originally posted by annabanana

you have to try to get into an AP class? at my school, you just write it on your schedule and you get it.

same here

Old Post 05-06-2002 02:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

congratulations!!!! I hope you continue to be sucessful

Old Post 05-06-2002 04:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: Re: Re: I got in I got in!!!

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM

same here

me too, buh hey, congratulations by all means

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Last edited by Crazydeb8ter on 05-06-2002 at 05:56 PM

Old Post 05-06-2002 05:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM

yeah congrats~ haha sorri. wish u the best!

Old Post 05-07-2002 01:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

well...currently..i'm in all honors classes..and dere loading a buncha sheet on us at da end of da year...=T its sOo stupid.

we registered a long long time ago..and i dont think they made our new schedules yet..but i'm hoping to take algebra 2 honors..
i regret not signing up for it earlier..hopefully i'll get into dat thOo~

Old Post 05-07-2002 01:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

oh i heard that other people don't have to try to get into AP either! we had to take an essay entrance thingy... but we only have 1 ap class per subject.... do you guys have more than one? we had 70 ppl going for the ap english.... the ppl who didn't make it got into honors... and those who still didn't get in.... are going to be put in a regular english class

this is so not fair.... i had to take frickin 3 essays.... (yearbook had one too) and everyone can get in just cuz they say they want to get in?..... akkk...haha

Old Post 05-12-2002 03:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

well you got in, i guess it means you've achived more than others who just got in without haveing to do anything. congratulations and good luck!

Old Post 05-12-2002 03:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by MellowYellow
oh i heard that other people don't have to try to get into AP either! we had to take an essay entrance thingy... but we only have 1 ap class per subject.... do you guys have more than one? we had 70 ppl going for the ap english.... the ppl who didn't make it got into honors... and those who still didn't get in.... are going to be put in a regular english class

this is so not fair.... i had to take frickin 3 essays.... (yearbook had one too) and everyone can get in just cuz they say they want to get in?..... akkk...haha

you go to a public schoo right?

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 05-13-2002 02:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brian

da only class i got notified i got into was

science research (leading to intel/ISEF)

still waitin' fer AP Euro...

ahaha not gettin in... omg...

Old Post 05-13-2002 05:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for brian Click here to Send brian a Private Message Find more posts by brian Add brian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM

hmmm...i'm not exactly sure how the AP system works in mai skool but i noe like 70 pplz were taking the AP stat test...like we hav a separate class for physics, chem, and bio, not one just for "science" (not sure wut u mean by one class per subject ) and i'm not sure how u get in...i think u just sign up or wutever; like neone can take them.

Old Post 05-14-2002 12:51 PM
brian

i dunno... every skoolz different...

i kno my friend's, u just have to be recommended by your teacher.

in another skool i know, u hab to write a 3 page essay for EACH subject you are applying on why you want to take that class.

in my skool, u just sign up and da selection process goes like this:

- computer data table set up (GPA in English and Social Studies for Humanities, GPA in Math and Science for Math/Sci AP)
- if there is a dean's referral or a disciplinary action, knocked off the list
- teacher's recs come next. the good ones stay, bad ones get booted.
- cut off of 90 and above GPA in the two subjects mentioned above.

yup... dats what happens. priority is given to students who never took an AP or never took that specfic AP... seniors (current juniors) have the first preference, then the juniors (soph) den us... soph (frosh)...

Old Post 05-15-2002 04:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for brian Click here to Send brian a Private Message Find more posts by brian Add brian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

well i got into the yearbook and ap us history

yea i go to a public school.... is that why?
then again... my school isn't all that big.... it's rather small....

either way i'm really happy... although i'm going to die next year since i'm taking 2 honors classes too..... but i got 2 easy classes.... band ^_^.... auditions for top band... friday... and .. i'm in.... yes i'm just that good....jp jp jp.... half the clarinets are seniors in the top band and i was next to last chair in the top band...... only sophie!....

ohhhh band council... soundz lame.. yes i'm a band geek....-_-

Old Post 05-15-2002 07:53 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i might as well post this even though i can't be in it...but i made it in Song Leaders in our school! It's our school's highest level choir composed of 8 or so guys and the same number of girls handpicked by the director after audition. Song leaders gets really extracurricular in our school compared to the other choirs (only one festival for them), song leaders pretty much competes year round totalling about 10 or so festivals and more workshops and stuff.

Oh well, i can't be in it due to my scheduling conflicts of the IB diploma program. Well, i'm glad i was good enough to make it in anyway.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 05-26-2002 10:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

?? at my school you don't need to wait to see if you're any AP. If you're in the honors class then you either have the choice of goin into AP or not.

i'm only going into AP Physics next year, 2 APs is a lot of work, so thats it

Old Post 05-27-2002 04:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
youl

I go to some gay school in LA. AP classes are very gay. I'm in some stupid magnet program and they FORCE you to take AP classes. This year, 10th grade, the dumb people had to take a minimum of 1 AP class which was AP Modern European History. Then the majority of the people took AP Physics B or C and AP Calculus. Our school, they make you get in AP, no honor. That's because there's only like 300 ppl in 9th - 12th grade and only like 10 teachers.

Old Post 06-05-2002 10:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for youl Click here to Send youl a Private Message Find more posts by youl Add youl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM

wow thaz a small skool. 300 pplz? thaz like one of the grades at mai skool. very crowded -_-; well congrats to everyone who made it to those tuff classes, and band, and choir

Old Post 06-06-2002 12:17 AM