Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Sports and Fitness > sammy sosa.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
krnxswat
what a joke!

sammy sosa.

haha you guys see what happened to him?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-04-2003 10:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

no...what happened?

Old Post 06-04-2003 11:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

CHICAGO (AP) -- Once Sammy Sosa was caught using a corked bat, there was one big question: Was he cheating when he hit any of those 505 home runs?

The Chicago Cubs' star slugger, 17th on the career home-run list, was ejected in the first inning of Tuesday night's 3-2 win over the Tampa Bay Devil Rays after umpires found cork in his shattered bat.

Sosa said it was all an honest mistake.

"I use that bat for batting practice," he said. "It's something that I take the blame for. It's a mistake, I know that. I feel sorry. I just apologize to everybody that are embarrassed."

Sosa, who gained national prominence in 1998 during his home-run battle with Mark McGwire, apologized to fans, his teammates and the commissioner of baseball. Sosa's other bats were confiscated by security personnel and turned over to major league baseball.

"Deep down in my heart, I truly believe Sammy didn't know that was in there," Cubs manager Dusty Baker said. "But I just hope that this event, whatever it was, doesn't tarnish his career or take away all that Sammy Sosa's done. For baseball and for Chicago."

The Cubs had runners at second and third when Sosa broke his bat with a grounder to second base that at first appeared to drive in a run.

Crew chief Tim McClelland gathered with the other three umpires to examine the handle area of the bat. Cubs manager Dusty Baker came out and the umpires showed what was left of the bat to him.

Mark Grudzielanek was sent back to third base, the run was wiped off the board and Sosa was ejected as he stood in the dugout.

Sosa said he hoped fans will believe he didn't intend to use a corked bat.

"That's why I'm here right now, to explain that it was a mistake," he said. "I know that right now, anybody or somebody probably want to think whatever comes to their mind, but you know, I just picked the wrong bat.

"I don't really need to use that. I break so many bats in my life. But when you make a mistake like that, you got to stood up and be there for it. ... It's a mistake, and I take the blame for it."

Sosa said he had the corked bat "for batting practice -- just to put on a show for the fans ... I like to make people happy and I do that in batting practice."

Some fans didn't like what they saw.

"I think it's a disgrace, a shame. Everything that he's done now is called into question," said Craig Carr, a 35-year-old spectator from Newton.

Cork inside a wooden bat is thought to help players hit the ball farther and is against baseball rules. Several players have been caught using altered bats in the past, including Albert Belle, Wilton Guerrero, Chris Sabo, Billy Hatcher and Graig Nettles. All were suspended.

to read more about it, click here

Old Post 06-04-2003 11:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for krnxswat Click here to Send krnxswat a Private Message Visit krnxswat's homepage! Find more posts by krnxswat Add krnxswat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
princesszinza

Makes you think these guys do this all the time and he just had the misfortune of his bat splitting apart.....

Baseball=America's Game

America= Cheaters

Works for me

Old Post 06-04-2003 11:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for princesszinza Click here to Send princesszinza a Private Message Find more posts by princesszinza Add princesszinza to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NaRa JjAnG
i wanna be tetris champ

sammy cheatin sosa....haha i wonder if he cheated when he got all those homers with a cork bat...lost all respect for him

www.xanga.com/choi127

Old Post 06-05-2003 12:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for NaRa JjAnG Click here to Send NaRa JjAnG a Private Message Find more posts by NaRa JjAnG Add NaRa JjAnG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

he did it on purpose

Old Post 06-11-2003 02:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
krnxswat
what a joke!

why do you say that?

Old Post 06-13-2003 01:29 AM
bigChubuff

its obvious

Old Post 06-16-2003 04:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

and what does he get..a few games where he has to sit out..after that he continues with his million dollar sallary

Old Post 06-17-2003 07:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MaGiKToToRo
~dance~

hmmm.... i dont know what to think

Hate less, love more;
And all good things are yours."

-Sweedish Proverb

aim: MaGiKToToRo
xanga: MaGiKToToRo

Old Post 06-18-2003 08:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MaGiKToToRo Click here to Send MaGiKToToRo a Private Message Visit MaGiKToToRo's homepage! Find more posts by MaGiKToToRo Add MaGiKToToRo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote