Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > boa late bday & profile
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

boa late bday & profile

crdit soompi
Name: BoA
Birthday: November 5, 1986
Birthplace: Kyung Gi Do
Place of current residence: Chung Dam Dong
Family: Parents, 2 brothers and a sister (BoA is the youngest)
Body size: 160 cm, they say that you shouldn’t reveal the weight of a lady
Religion: Catholic
Nickname: Kkamshi (note: this is a nickname given to people with dark/tan skin)
Career before debut: no!
Childhood dream: singer
Hobbies & Talents: cross stitching, watching movies, reading magazines, dancing, Japanese, doing imitations
What I was like as a student: a normal Korean student leading a straightforward life
Good and bad points of my personality: I am very energetic and affirmative/ My thoughts are very complicated
Habits & Routines: I turn up music very loudly. I stretch before practice.
Jinx: If my ssang kka pul (note: double eyelid) comes out, the things I have to do that day don’t work out well.
Stress reliever: Turn on music very loudly and dance.
Most attractive points/characteristics of yourself: eyes, nose, lips
Ideal guy: A hip-hop boy that is cute, tall, skinny, has a pale face, and has ssang ka pul (note: double eyelids)
First love: I don’t have one yet
Most important possession: My cat "Sara"
Favorite singer & genre of music: Whitney Houston, R&B and dance
Favorite proverb: Work hard toward your goals

Taking down the veil of "ShinBi"
Last year during the training period for the debut of BoA, a fan club was created as a result of flying rumors for the supposed new girl group to be released by SM, called "ShinBi" or "Barbie". An unofficial fan club for this supposed group began to be created between the netizens (note: ‘netizen’ is the nickname given to the "citizens of the net". I finally figured it out...hehehe...Cute huh? *^^*). As the number of members in this "fan club" began to grow between the Chollian, Hitel, and Unitel sites, very specific profiles of the group members began to come out, too. This was how big it got between the netizens, proving how much curiosity there was. But the new album that the "ShinBi" fan club was eagerly looking forward to was neither that of "ShinBi" or "Barbie". In the end, when the veil of ShinBi was uncovered, the person we found was the 13 year old BoA.

The Story of BoA’s Birth

SM’s idea three years ago was to begin to make a huge star who would represent Asia. Their plan was to make a star who would use the Korean music industry as a stepping stone into Asia, and then into the world, in order to spread Korea’s prestige abroad. At that time, the mainstream of the entertainment world was taken over by 13~16 year old female idol stars. The Japanese representative of an idol group, SPEED, was also composed of girls around 15 years of age. With that point given, it was obvious that it would be most favorable for our country to put out a [young] girl who would go abroad. Also, [SM] figured that ‘they needed at least 2~3 years in order to completely finish the casting and training of this future star’, so they concentrated first on casting. They asked all of the candidates they met at national contests and talent shows, and even those who came to the studio to audition, if they had a younger sibling. And if they did, they went as far as to call those siblings in for auditioning. Through this never-ending effort to find their future star, the jewel that they found was BoA. At that time, BoA’s older brother had come to the studio for an audition. The answer to the question "Do you have a younger sibling" was the one and only 5th grader named BoA. At the time, she was 11 years old. BoA has trained ever since that young age for this day. The fact that she sang at the audition that she had through her older brother was what guided her into becoming a future star. The dancing and singing that the young elementary student did at the audition showed plenty of potential to be a star. BoA’s talent and passion, and her skills, although not yet fine tuned, were extraordinary in spite of her young age. The company did however worry about how well she could do at such a young age, but they couldn’t just let this opportunity pass them by. As soon as SM found BoA, they quickly met with her parents to persuade them into permitting her training. BoA also showed her parents her strong interest in making her dream of becoming a singer come true. But in the beginning, her parents strongly opposed. Her brothers understood why their parents opposed this decision so strongly; BoA was bringing home very high grades, and they just wanted her to keep studying, not become a singer. But the company who had already found BoA’s talents could not let go of her so easily. In the end, SM was able to persuade her parents with the certainty of her success, and BoA gained the opportunity of a lifetime to live out her dreams.

The road to making a world star....
As soon as the permission of the parents were received, the company immediately began a very focused training period to making a world star. The first thing that BoA needed to learn was neither dancing or singing, but foreign languages. She was given a private tutor who taught her both English and Japanese. This was something that BoA absolutely needed to learn in order to go abroad with her future music. BoA was even sent to Japan during her vacations in order to receive extra focused lessons. It may have been because of her young age, but her ability to learn these new languages was extraordinary. Also, after her graduation from elementary school, her start in the International middle school was delayed for six months in order to go to Tokyo, Japan once again. This time, not only did she learn Japanese, but she also received vocal and dance lessons. On top of that, she was only allowed to speak Japanese during her stay there. In order to pick up fine tuned pronunciations, she stayed with and was taught by NHK’s GuMiKo. This intense training has given BoA the ability to speak Japanese almost perfectly, and also understand and converse in English.
When (who manages one of Japan’s top entertainers, Yungsung Akanemi) saw BoA, they took upon themselves the responsibility of her dance and vocal training. As a result, they introduced one of the top instructors to BoA. Sakuma, who had been recognized as Japan’s best dancer, gave BoA dance lessons, and Japan’s top hip hop dancer Kazeu personally came to Korea to choreograph BoA’s debut album. Sakuma even praised BoA saying "When compared to the Japanese dancers who do nothing but dance, her skills are right up at that level. And among the female singers who do both singing and dancing, there is no one who has the skills that BoA has. There has been no one this young who can dance so well."

btw, thanks for the correction.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-09-2002 01:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeNyA
swt_krn_grl

nice

oh thats interesting ........where did u get it?

Old Post 11-13-2002 02:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeNyA Click here to Send JeNyA a Private Message Find more posts by JeNyA Add JeNyA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

Re: nice

quote:
Originally posted by JeNyA
oh thats interesting ........where did u get it?

credit soompi

Old Post 11-14-2002 12:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

whoa boa had 2 bruddas and a sister.. i always thought she onlie had one brother..

Old Post 11-14-2002 02:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote