Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > TV and Movies > Jet li Vs. jackie chan
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
xenno

quote:
Originally posted by tea
jackie chan is smart..he knows like 9 languages

no he doesnt

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-23-2002 12:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for xenno Click here to Send xenno a Private Message Find more posts by xenno Add xenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

I dun think he means that literalli, buh its been translated into mabe 9 different languages, so it seems like he can speak that mani languages

Old Post 08-23-2002 12:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

quote:
Originally posted by azn0monk
jackie chan has been in a real fight. he won..on the other hand, he was not taught "martial" (peking opera is more for acting)

jet li has not been in a real fight, but he is one of the top 1st grade stylists on the Bei jing wushu team..and he learned all 18 shaolin weapons..
also the neijia (internal chinese MA) like ba gua, xing yi, and taijiquan.
With all this skill ..he naturally would be practical.

but compared to many OFF screen masters that learn traditionally, old skool stuff..hes just mediocre in a real situation..
he admits that too~

I think Jet Li has more potential.
but experience changes everything..

and to clear something up-

SOMETIMES..the thinner the guy, the more dangerous he is!
an old saying goes something like "4 ounces will defeat a thousand pounds" chigong > physical strength

u cant be real muscular and have chigong, u can be medium..
too many muscles creates too much tension, the chi cannot flow!
o boy..lol..

yes! haha finally someone who knows what they are talking about.
one of my friends and I have discussed this topic often, and I don't think you really can compare the two, because they make 2 completely different styles of movies.

Jackie pioneered humor in action movies, and taking a slapstick approach, and being much more lighter than the traditional action fare was at the time he started. His movies are great because they combine awesome stunts, pretty good acting, action, and pretty original humor all in one.

Jet Li's movies are tight too, but in a different respect. He's more straightforward action, and he's good at what he does, no doubt about it. The action scenes in his movies are always well-choreographed (not to say others' aren't) and are adrenaline-packed, heh that sounds wierd. He's more serious, and his movies are more traditional in that sense.

Both are really talented, that's for sure.
But in a fight, I think Jet Li would win. for the reasons azn0monk stated.

btw, i just saw the contract killer, has anyone else seen it? i liked it a lot, it was pretty good!

Last edited by tm11 on 08-23-2002 at 06:07 AM

Old Post 08-23-2002 05:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Street RSX

Jet li's too fast for Jackie, Jackies strong, buh he kinda clumsi...

Old Post 08-23-2002 02:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Street RSX Click here to Send Street RSX a Private Message Find more posts by Street RSX Add Street RSX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xenno

uh. no Jet li was a 5 time national champ (in a row) and like a 3 time wushu champ.. Jackie chan on the ohter hand never been to martial arts.. ??

Old Post 08-28-2002 02:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for xenno Click here to Send xenno a Private Message Find more posts by xenno Add xenno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote