Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > Language > obscure languages
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tm11
down by law

obscure languages

know any languages you think most people don't?

Well, for me...
My family speaks a language called malayalam, that's derived from sanskrit and Tamil. It's spoken mainly in the deep south of India. I don't speak fluently but I can understand it. My ability to speak,read, and write it leaves a lot to be desired.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-15-2003 09:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iTsmeehLita
lita lita

uhm... well i think khmer is kinda obscure ...

whenever i tell people i'm cambodian they're like ... huH??? and im like .. from cambodia .. and theyre like where???

geezez! FRESHEN UP ON YOUr GEOgRaPHY PPL!!!

Old Post 01-15-2003 10:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iTsmeehLita Click here to Send iTsmeehLita a Private Message Find more posts by iTsmeehLita Add iTsmeehLita to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by iTsmeehLita

I know foreal. Most americans don't know geography worth shit. Some kids don't even know where Connecticut is. I quizzed this dude where Austria was and he thought I was talking about Australia. Needless to say, I was laughing my ass off.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 01-16-2003 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EviL RicE 666
hee hee! :D

quote:
Originally posted by iTsmeehLita
whenever i tell people i'm cambodian they're like ... huH??? and im like .. from cambodia .. and theyre like where???

lol that happens to be all the time online tho, but if they asian they know where it is..i think

Old Post 01-16-2003 12:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for EviL RicE 666 Click here to Send EviL RicE 666 a Private Message Find more posts by EviL RicE 666 Add EviL RicE 666 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
noriko378

I speak Hokkien <-- chinese dialect from Fujian, China
and Tagalog <--which is the main laguage in the Philippines..
mix it with Mandarin, English and French...u got a weird language combination..hehehee

Old Post 01-16-2003 01:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for noriko378 Click here to Send noriko378 a Private Message Find more posts by noriko378 Add noriko378 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

all sign languages, but there cool to look at

Old Post 01-16-2003 03:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

fingerspellins a pain in the (_x_), specially reading it

Old Post 01-16-2003 03:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

erm...i know a bit of punjabi which is also an indian language, i can read well but i can't speak well.

i can speak singlish hahahah

hmm i also know bits of hokkien, but i can understand and speak mandarin much better. i always mix up cantonese with hokkien!!

Old Post 01-16-2003 03:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
I know foreal. Most americans don't know geography worth shit. Some kids don't even know where Connecticut is. I quizzed this dude where Austria was and he thought I was talking about Australia. Needless to say, I was laughing my ass off.

i won a geography bee when i was in 5th grade in my school..and then i went to some place for city [i think]
but i screwed up once i saw my dad and brother..
it was amazing..there was a kimchee question..i was proud ^^ but that stupid girl got it wrong -_-

Old Post 01-20-2003 07:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iTsmeehLita
lita lita

neh na kay sdap knyom ban te?

hah!!

dun think so but oh wells!

Old Post 01-22-2003 11:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iTsmeehLita Click here to Send iTsmeehLita a Private Message Find more posts by iTsmeehLita Add iTsmeehLita to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

Damn Malus.
J/k I've heard of Malayalam - they're all over my school harassing me the Bengali.
Oh well.

Old Post 02-03-2003 02:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

quote:
Originally posted by requiem
Damn Malus.
J/k I've heard of Malayalam - they're all over my school harassing me the Bengali.
Oh well.

haha, don't hate on the malus . Heh, i'm surprised there are that enough malayalees there to gang up on a lone bengali, but that's cool. At our school, there aren't a whole lot of subcontinental people, and in my experience most brown folk I meet are from the north. In other places I've lived there have been higher concentrations of south Indian people, which was nice. Are there a lot of brown folk at your school aside from all those malus haha, any more bengalis? Maybe you can band together and defend yourselves, or even better, unite and coexist in harmony, haha.

Old Post 02-03-2003 03:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote