Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Gays, Lesbians, Straights
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
az0nd2r3

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman

I'd like to see what happens between you and a homosexual when you tell them that it's their "choice."...I don't think they'd agree with you. haha. (I know you're not an expert, just saying)

I think hating anything, even if not a person, is wrong. In the words of jin:

"Besides, hating is bad for your health." -Jin hah, not that great but it's right.

i believe that the argument i heard was that urges can be controlled, n that a homosexual predisposition can be changed....something lyk that.....n true....the majority of homosexuals would not agree with me

n again.....hating ne one is still wrong, no matter what...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-28-2002 01:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for az0nd2r3 Click here to Send az0nd2r3 a Private Message Find more posts by az0nd2r3 Add az0nd2r3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

no offense meant of course, but i think you heard the wrong argument. You said "it is a choice no matter what" that does not in any way say urges, you might have meant it that way but you didn't explicate it.

And yes, i agree, but to a larger extent, anything to hate is bad...why did you reiterate? I'm juist holding you to hating anything, which is other things besides people.

really there is no offense meant, so don't get mad. I'm saying it a lot so you actually believe me.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 10-28-2002 02:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spuzzter

God seemed a lot more pissy in the Old Testament...

Sodom was destroyed, fine and dandy. If the Bible says that it is wrong, so be it. It can be 'rationalized' that homosexuality isn't 'natural,' so obviously some people would be reproached by it.

However, why was Lot's wife turned to a pillar of salt? What is God's message in that? Should we, as good Christians, be inclined to turn a blind eye to the suffering of others? Kind of defeats the purpose of the Good Samaritan, if you ask me.

-Spuzz

Old Post 10-28-2002 03:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spuzzter Click here to Send Spuzzter a Private Message Find more posts by Spuzzter Add Spuzzter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
some historical context here:

When the bible was being written, the population of hebrews was both small and was drastically being depleted through war with neighbors. Solution? Hetero-procreation. In order to reproduce with a very limited amount of peoeple, you can not condone a bunch of homosexuals running around, you need all the baby-making power you can get.

This is an explanation on why gays and homosexuals were indicted in the bible.

oh, i get it

Old Post 10-28-2002 07:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

quote:
Originally posted by Spuzzter
However, why was Lot's wife turned to a pillar of salt? What is God's message in that? Should we, as good Christians, be inclined to turn a blind eye to the suffering of others? Kind of defeats the purpose of the Good Samaritan, if you ask me.

that's a good question...i'm wondering that myself

Old Post 10-28-2002 07:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhymester*
$$$$$$$$$$$

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman

That's why i don't like religion that much. It's so evil that it'd say homosexuality is bad, and generalize like that. Leviticus 18:22 . So, atheism for me . My own code, and not an evil one in my mind.

haha same here.

my sister is a bi sexual so i'm used to it, its not wrong, its just the way she is.

my mom has a theory that they were the other sex in their past lives so they are still influenced in that way.

Old Post 10-28-2002 07:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhymester* Click here to Send rhymester* a Private Message Find more posts by rhymester* Add rhymester* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

seems like a lot of references are made from the bible stating its plainly wrong.. seeing how God says so then you must hate it right? well then im sure you totally follow everything the bible tells you then huh. and if the bible tells you to love everyone and hate the gays.. then what? a lil contradiction? the bible is full of them..

its a lot easier to say you hate them and you hate them unless you become friends with one or you become one. dont be so discriminating. or you are no better than those who hate you and discriminate against you.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 10-28-2002 09:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
seems like a lot of references are made from the bible stating its plainly wrong.. seeing how God says so then you must hate it right? well then im sure you totally follow everything the bible tells you then huh. and if the bible tells you to love everyone and hate the gays.. then what? a lil contradiction? the bible is full of them..

its a lot easier to say you hate them and you hate them unless you become friends with one or you become one. dont be so discriminating. or you are no better than those who hate you and discriminate against you.

that's exactly what I mean...

Old Post 10-29-2002 11:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spuzzter

A sad thing that I've seen is that my mom, who has always been a progressive thinker, holds a negative view on homosexuals. Not on homosexuality itself, but on the people, particuarly gays. Why? Because a pair of her students were raped by some homosexual males. It's a horrifying story, and I can understand why my mom is suspicious... but at the same time I can't agree with basing the actions of a cultural group on the actions of a few individuals (i.e. the issue with Islam and terrorism).

Old Post 10-30-2002 04:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spuzzter Click here to Send Spuzzter a Private Message Find more posts by Spuzzter Add Spuzzter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

i agree. thats how racism starts.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 10-30-2002 05:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hyesungu
Mike p(X.X)q

There are so many down here, im use to seeing them. As victor said, as long as they dont hit on me, im cool.

Old Post 10-30-2002 07:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hyesungu Click here to Send Hyesungu a Private Message Find more posts by Hyesungu Add Hyesungu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

quote:
Originally posted by Hyesungu
There are so many down here, im use to seeing them. As victor said, as long as they dont hit on me, im cool.

victor was joking, in order to spite david.

Old Post 10-30-2002 07:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Spuzzter

Devious.

Old Post 10-31-2002 12:19 AM
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by Jj2
well, if u think on religion terms...it's considered wrong cause God made man and woman for each other and ONLY each other. but personally...i have nothing against them...i mean, it's their life so why should i care? but i do get all 'eiffy' when i see a gay/lesbian couple but other than that, i'm all koo. hmm...i wonder if that makes me a 'bad' christian for saying all that... :huh:

i agree with that

also i dunt really care what they do as longa s they dunt try ne funny stuff n i think it's kinda nasty when gays kiss eachother in n touch places where they shouldn't kinda disguisting i dunt mine lesbo cuz i'mma guy

Old Post 11-28-2002 09:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mz YuMMi KiMChi
perspetivez... thats all.

nothing wrong with gay's lesbians or straights

we are all created equal upon the life of mankind...
=)

im very religious but i dont mind it.. we are all people...

Old Post 12-05-2002 05:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mz YuMMi KiMChi Click here to Send Mz YuMMi KiMChi a Private Message Visit Mz YuMMi KiMChi's homepage! Find more posts by Mz YuMMi KiMChi Add Mz YuMMi KiMChi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rawr itz errinn
Rawr~ SX! vrooooom!!

mz yummi kimchi said what i was gonna say...

and i really dont care if someone's gay or lesbian... yea it sometimes does get to me when i see them in public but im getting used to it now.

Old Post 12-08-2002 06:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rawr itz errinn Click here to Send rawr itz errinn a Private Message Find more posts by rawr itz errinn Add rawr itz errinn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

At our fairly diverse lunch table (having several more seniors now who leave during lunch) we had a discussion about this.

Other stuff was said earlier...

Chris: ...She's bisexual

John: Really? Do you think there are any lesbians in our school

Chris: There definetly are, but it doesn't matter. Why do people care about this stuff?

John: I was at the mall, and I saw these two gay people making out, I had a lighter in my hand and I just wanted to light them on fire.

Me: That's messed up, what's with you and getting pissed for no reason? (I don't think anyone payed attention to my statement)

John: I hate gay people

Chris: What if I were gay?

John: Then I'd kill you.

Old Post 12-16-2002 03:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roentgen
take nothing for granted

A lot of people base their anti-gay views on the bible, but isn't that book open to interepertaion? Is it really the bible saying anything about hating gay people? If you could prove to someone that being gay is wrong without envoking the good book, would it be possible to do? If you had to prove an actual legal case, dredging up passages from the bible would be inadmissable in a court of law.
I've been told by some peole that my mother, when she's all dead and what have you, will descend into hell. And most of this, I heard from my classmates...once from someone else's mother. BUT, I asked whomever proposed the idea at the time, "Do you *really* think that *my* mother is going to hell?" And NOBODY could give me a straight answer. What the hell is up with that?
One of my friends actually got the gumption to become pissed off at me before for not telling them that my mother was lesbian. They were deathly afraid that it'd rubb off or something ridiculous like that. So, I asked them, "Am I gay?" They said, "No." And I replied, "Exactly!"
I really really can't stand anti-gay sentiment. If you're grossed out by it, learn about it! The only thing I can think of to explain away your fear is the fact that you've been raised to be afraid. And if you'll forgive this bit: raised in ignorance. Most people have a criminal misconception about what it is to be gay. It's not some dark indulgence or dream of ending up in hell. No one likes to be hated (unless they're part of the KKK...and ranting about how much I can't stand them would take a whole 'nother page) Most gay people know that they will be acted against...and that is why there are so many closet cases. They're afraid of people being cruel to them.
Alright...I could write about this a lot longer. It's a topic I get really upset about...which is why I should stay the heck out of the debate forum^_^;

Old Post 12-30-2002 02:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for roentgen Click here to Send roentgen a Private Message Visit roentgen's homepage! Find more posts by roentgen Add roentgen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by roentgen
A lot of people base their anti-gay views on the bible, but isn't that book open to interepertaion?

It's an evil book hehe.

Some people think it's open for interpretation, others take it as is (as it is the word of god). I don't like it how people blindly live and follow it.

There are instances of it saying homosexuality is wrong and such, like in Leviticus 18:22, the whole Lot story, and there's another one i think. I had counterexamples in another thread where i interpreted it differently to portray a different message, but it doesn't work THAT well.

The reason it won't hold up in court is becuase courts aren't "moral courts" so to speak. They are just courts where only evidence that can be substantiated is allowed so as to allow the least bit of subjectivity.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 12-30-2002 09:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
touch_my_butt
raging hetero

yar...we're all entitled to out opinionz
but in my OPIONION...God made for us to reproduce...and give life.....but for those who are gay or lesbianz...power to ya

Old Post 01-05-2003 10:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for touch_my_butt Click here to Send touch_my_butt a Private Message Find more posts by touch_my_butt Add touch_my_butt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote