Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > Drinking, Smoking, the works.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
merc

Drinking, Smoking, the works.

What are you opinions on it?

For or Against -
.elaborate.

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-06-2003 11:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

im pretty much neutral. i used to be a big druggy (sp?) but now i run track so i dont see the need for it. i think now that the two are pretty much for people who are really shallow and cant have fun without being under the influence. i dont hate on people for doing it but i dont think people should go around making people not be able to do it. follow me? i think i used people too much. (as in the word)

Old Post 02-07-2003 12:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

for

if you want to get lifted, have a fun time. nothing to do with me. if it fucks up your life, then its your fault for making that decision but i had nothing to do with it.

Old Post 02-07-2003 12:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

don't really care, if anything i'm for it. Helps the economy, helps people with problems, causes problems, and more. I don't likle inhibiting what people do though, so of course i'd never be against it.

I don't htink they are for shallow people though, i mean people can have fun without being on drugs. They don't have to have no other reason to do it, specifically the casual smoker...does one of these peopel just never have fun until they smoke? that's what you make it sound like, if they smoke...it must be to have fun...i mean there's no other possible reason (sarcasm)

Furthermore, i'd just like to say i hate that ad that says "kissing a girl who smokes is like licking an ashtray"....why all the hating on it? it's stupid, just like all the ill commericials that try and antagonize drug companies ("truth").

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 02-07-2003 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

ah don't forget those asinine "doing drugs supports terrorism" commercials.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 02-07-2003 06:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

drinking is alrite as long as the person can control themselves and does NOT get drunk. smoking i am so against. the person does not just kill themselves but people around them. might as well put a gun to their head and ask them if u want to just make it quicker.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 02-07-2003 04:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
.aS.|5p!7f!|23
foo oo o o o oo o oo o o

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
ah don't forget those asinine "doing drugs supports terrorism" commercials.

hah yeah now they got ones saying if you buy an suv you support terrorism cause of the gas usage. i wonder that if u buy one of those hybrid cars you only support terrorism when ur goin up a hill. hmm i dunno.

Old Post 02-07-2003 05:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Click here to Send .aS.|5p!7f!|23 a Private Message Find more posts by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 Add .aS.|5p!7f!|23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
requiem
Book Mod/Batman Fan

Personally I'm against smoking. Not against drinking, or else I'd be a hypocrite.
As for everyone else, I can't take away their right to do such things so why bother.

Old Post 02-07-2003 06:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for requiem Click here to Send requiem a Private Message Find more posts by requiem Add requiem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
drinking is alrite as long as the person can control themselves and does NOT get drunk. smoking i am so against. the person does not just kill themselves but people around them. might as well put a gun to their head and ask them if u want to just make it quicker.

we might as well take away cars then too, their pollution kills people too.

-Cromwell

Old Post 02-08-2003 04:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Smoking can dangerous but also useful.

I would just use Coffee or somthing.

Old Post 02-09-2003 01:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
we might as well take away cars then too, their pollution kills people too.

for those who drink and drive the law alrdy put that down. but not all people who get drunk drive. some go to parties wit friends that dont drink. those people actually care about there own lives and the safety of others.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 02-09-2003 04:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
for those who drink and drive the law alrdy put that down. but not all people who get drunk drive. some go to parties wit friends that dont drink. those people actually care about there own lives and the safety of others.

that wasn't the point. The parallel was that people who smoke exercise the same task that people who drive do. They wish to do something, and are effectually affecting people's health by their exaust or smoke whichever the instance. By saying smoking is unique in it's effectual killing of other people is disregarding all the other things that do that and just antagonizes smokers more. Like i said, under your mentality we should be against driving as well. That's isolatory from drinking though, so no need to bring that up as i didn't even respond to that part of your post (not that i need to i know, but it didn't connect the ideas or anythign).

-Cromwell

Old Post 02-09-2003 05:04 AM
Spuzzter

My body is a temple...

Old Post 02-10-2003 08:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Spuzzter Click here to Send Spuzzter a Private Message Find more posts by Spuzzter Add Spuzzter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

quote:
Originally posted by Spuzzter
My body is a temple...

if you dont want to elaborate, dont post things like this and leave us to question it

Old Post 02-10-2003 08:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merc

quote:
Originally posted by Spuzzter
My body is a temple...

1 Corinthians 6:19
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

amen.

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Old Post 02-10-2003 09:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for merc Click here to Send merc a Private Message Find more posts by merc Add merc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

I don't like alcohol or drugs... I don't like to be around it, I can't stand it, I just don't like it...

Old Post 02-11-2003 02:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by Ladi Jay
I don't like alcohol or drugs... I don't like to be around it, I can't stand it, I just don't like it...

just curious, what's your stance on the issue then given your distaste for it? for or against?

-Cromwell

Old Post 02-12-2003 11:03 PM
aznkid1008
God is my judge

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
that wasn't the point. The parallel was that people who smoke exercise the same task that people who drive do. They wish to do something, and are effectually affecting people's health by their exaust or smoke whichever the instance. By saying smoking is unique in it's effectual killing of other people is disregarding all the other things that do that and just antagonizes smokers more. Like i said, under your mentality we should be against driving as well. That's isolatory from drinking though, so no need to bring that up as i didn't even respond to that part of your post (not that i need to i know, but it didn't connect the ideas or anythign).

o oops i guess i read that the wrong way
well if u ment it that way some r actually accidents, but in america we do hav many idiots and crazy people on the roads. only thing i got a suggestion for on that is to make the drivin test harder and make public transportation better i dunno im not 2 sure on that topic. and personally my mentality changes between topics and i believe many people do that 2. drugs to car accidents is apples to oranges, 2 different things.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 02-13-2003 02:48 AM
kryogenix
Ghost

smoking

i'm against all off that, although I don't understand why people are suing companies for getting cancer from cigarrettes. how come the fat guy who sued mcdonald's won't win even though he is in the same situation as the guys who sue the cigarettes companies. don't get me wrong, i think he's not going to win a suit, just that it isn't fair to him if this country is supposed to be an "equal rights country."

Old Post 02-13-2003 07:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

I see cigarettes and alcohol as weapons and tools.

Old Post 02-14-2003 12:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote