Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > celebrating christmas..
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

celebrating christmas..

hm..dunno if this has been asked..but yea..
non-christians, i think, should not celebrate christmas.
what ya'll think?

here's a convo i had with this girl i knoe just now..

jen: m from san diego bought me a beenie for christmas
jen: its cute...i wont be able to wear it til next year but it still sweet
joobaboya: heh
joobaboya: he sent it to you for what?
joobaboya: just cuz?
jen: its pink and blue striped with string on the top
jen: christmas
joobaboya: your not even christian.
jen: supposedly you can burn 95 calories from playing the piano for 30 minutes...i think its a bit exaggerated cuz you only lose 171 from dancign for 30 minutes....but hey...typing is similar...so now we know we're not as lazy as we think
jen: damn...thats what carlo sed.
joobaboya: haha
jen: i still celebrate christmas...why do you think i go to kali for christmas if i dont celebrate it?
joobaboya: everything you do burns some calories..
joobaboya: but like..
jen: but 95 is alot for just moving your fingers
joobaboya: do you believe?
jen: just becuase i dont believe in god doesnt mean i dont have the right to receive presents
joobaboya: but the whole point of christmas is becuz of christ.
jen: i know thats the reason christmas is...but cant it be family gatherings and gift exchanging?
jen: thats what america has materialized it to be
joobaboya: true..but i think thats still wrong.
joobaboya: its like..
joobaboya: they're sorta using that day just for presents.
jen: i use it to see family...spend time with family...cuz i have no other reason to see them
jen: and if you're referring to "they" as my family...
jen: i know christmas has that prefix for a reason...
joobaboya: they as in all of america who arent christian celebrating that day.
jen: they celebrate being generous...
jen: i grew up watching tv shows that talk about christmas but never talk about christ...that is how i've been brought up...and since im not christian, do i not have a right to experience the joy of gift giving and receiving that i grew up watching on tv?
aHh..so damn ignorant she is

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-20-2003 07:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i think christmas has become so much of a secular tradition/holiday that it really doesn't matter if you aren't christian. When we celebrate it i don't even think about jesus or anything, i think about spending time with people, and giving gifts and wahtever to them. I don't think it has to be a religious holiday even though it originated from that. It's so secular now, she does have a point though about how we are raised not even knowing what christmas is really. I didn't know for awhile what it was about. I don't think my disregard for it's religious origin makes me ignorant of it though. i acknowledge it, but i see it as a secular tradition, and a religious one. I think it's ignorant to limit it to religion.

just like valentine's day, it's become rather secular, and i don't see why people can't celebrate the tradition without being catholic or whatever the origin of that is. It has new meanings to different people.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Last edited by PsychoSnowman on 01-20-2003 at 04:26 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-20-2003 04:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote