Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > General > Random Thoughts > Debate
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

what annoys me much is when i go to soompi and it has a mySQL error: too many connections.

It just irritates me to think of how many dumbasses are on that posting one word responses and looking at things that they think makes them more inteligent in the end. Time well spent.

I still have to make that gun control post too.

I did think of an idea though, bjunkyard seems more intelligent.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-31-2005 05:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
what annoys me much is when i go to soompi and it has a mySQL error: too many connections.

It just irritates me to think of how many dumbasses are on that posting one word responses and looking at things that they think makes them more inteligent in the end. Time well spent.

I still have to make that gun control post too.

I did think of an idea though, bjunkyard seems more intelligent.

What are you planning? Starting an argument or getting people riled up?

Old Post 08-31-2005 06:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

I thought I'd experiment a bit.

http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=395047

Old Post 08-31-2005 07:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

You didn't make gratuitous use of the (non)word "lol", or its alternative, "lolz...^_^", so no one will be able to understand you on that forum.

Old Post 08-31-2005 08:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by aaqthree
You didn't make gratuitous use of the (non)word "lol", or its alternative, "lolz...^_^", so no one will be able to understand you on that forum.

Oh I was just imitating Ahny, that's what he used to say when he wasn't paying attention to you.

Old Post 08-31-2005 09:24 PM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Hmm, they all think that I don't know how to use forums. Too bad for them, they can't search for previous posts made by users.

Old Post 08-31-2005 09:27 PM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

a reason for their thinking could be that i have noticed that a stupid person will jump at the chance they see they might be more intelligent than another person in any regard quicker than a more intelligent person, trying to make the other person feel stupid as a result. It's funny, especially when they try and do it about something as equally stupid as recent, recent pop culture. No, i did not know that P diddy just changed his name to diddy, i wasn't paying attention, where was my head?

-Cromwell

Old Post 08-31-2005 10:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaqthree
3 Newtons

quote:
Oh I was just imitating Ahny, that's what he used to say when he wasn't paying attention to you.

I wasn't talking about the way you were talking, I was more referring to how they were. And that the only thing they seem to understand are posts that make liberal use of "lolz...".

Old Post 08-31-2005 11:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaqthree Click here to Send aaqthree a Private Message Find more posts by aaqthree Add aaqthree to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

is that bya person one of us?

Old Post 09-01-2005 05:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i have similar suspicions, and was thinking abotu asking that exact question as well. It's not me.

-Cromwell

Old Post 09-01-2005 09:24 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i think i might get banned for this.

http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?...95228&st=30

it's the "what my name means:" thread in general discussion

-Cromwell

Old Post 09-01-2005 10:08 AM
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

I liked how in the middle you blatantly state that you put up a false name, and then towards the end you continue to act as if you're the owner of the site.

Edit: hmm, unless someone who's seen your post has messaged a moderator or reported it yet then I doubt anything will happen.

Last edited by Alchemist on 09-01-2005 at 05:52 PM

Old Post 09-01-2005 05:50 PM
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

you owned them. that girls response was exactly the way you put it in your reply back to the thread.
you won't get banned, i doubt they even read what you wrote.

Old Post 09-01-2005 06:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

I can't believe that out of all those responses that came after yours.... only 1 person realized what you wrote... but then again that person could have just read those last sentences because you made them separate from your main paragraph.

PWNED

Old Post 09-01-2005 10:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

sigh true. the true legend of any forums lies in this one.

Old Post 09-01-2005 10:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

Perhaps improper use of ostentatious words are in order. Nobody picks up anyway.

Old Post 09-01-2005 11:25 PM
MellowYellow

I think JSL members found their reason to [make this forum] live. lol.

Old Post 09-02-2005 03:10 AM
aaqthree
3 Newtons

I think the "What do you like most about soompi" thread has to receive the Internet Unintentional Comedy Award. More specifically, these posts:

quote:

well, i like soompi the most because its really informational, since i go to the kpop section a lot, i always learn something new. and i come to soompi because it's fun to talk about different things and yu know things like that(;

It's informational.

quote:
I like the fact that we can voice our opinions.

You can voice your repetitive, thoughtless opinions. (And not read anyone else's, but that's besides the point)

quote:
- The variety of topics and categories
- The strict rules that keep this board clean
- keep me in touch with the asian people, cultures, social, fashion, etc.

Variety of categories, I'll give it. Variety of topics? Hahahahahhahaa.

quote:
i like soompi cause we get to give out our opinions and if people don't like it, too baddd~

i come cause like others have said, i got no life.

The "I have no life" one has been used about three times by this post, I think, probably more. And I'm only about halfway down the first page.

quote:
i like it coz it's a friendly board.. there are a large variety of topics.. and i don't have life either

Friendly board is the only new thing in there. Already touched on the "large variety of topics".

quote:
Soompi is fun =)

I like how different people with different personalities post their opinions and sometimes get into arguements and things like that..

Soompi is really informative too.

Is this person reading the same forum as I am?

1) No one on that board can really be considered having a "different personality".
2) No one on that board has anything resembling an "opinion", at least, not a well-thought out one.
3) Can you really get into an argument when all posts are 3 lines long with about 75% of them devoted to emoticons and "omg lolz!"?

I can just picture it:
Person 1: OMG! ^_^
Person 2: ??? > >
Person 1: lolz!!1!1
Person 2: stfu
Person 1: omg

Thirty three pages later...

Person 25: OMFG!
PsychoSnowman: Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people. Thirty three pages of saying EXACTLY THE SAME THING? I feel like I'm in an episode of the Twilight Zone where I'm the only one with half a brain and can actually use it.
Person 26: Lolz, like, omg. ^^
Person 27: (just quotes person 19, doesn't say anything else)

Old Post 09-02-2005 05:04 AM
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

haha, there's something to bring to the soompi get togethers. The trophy for internet unintentional comedy award. Upon receiving the award by one of us, applause would be had, and if people were to talk about the award they'd be oblivious to the fact that it was a direct insult to themselves. "omg, hella sweet our community got a trophy, we all made it happen, and how? eh, yeah we don't have lives -.-;;;;"

That ending simulated conversation is such a template for the entire forum, i wonder when this will become so annoying for us that we refuse to enter the forums again.

I was thinking it might be a wise idea to post this thread as a link on soompi, then we could get more members. I thought about that for a second, for a SECOND. I forgot for a moment what kind of new members we'd be getting if they came from there. whew. Elitism it is.

I could have done something worse to jsl than its impending death, jsl's metamorphosis to soompi, god that'd be horrible. Glad i realized and was planning on posting the idea here first before i did anything. If anyone's planning on doing that as a joke, DON'T, not funny at all. jsl's a safe haven.

-Cromwell

Old Post 09-02-2005 05:37 AM
aaqthree
3 Newtons

Haha, yeah that's a bad idea. If you want, feel free to quote what I wrote (or just copy/paste it and take complete credit for it, I don't really care) and post it over there. I never registered at that forum for obvious reasons. Mainly that I'd rather just sit back and laugh than try to convert the stupid.

It's funny, we laugh at the few times we have idiots at this forum and it's always a good time. We have our fun with them. But that forum really puts things into perspective.

Old Post 09-02-2005 05:55 AM