Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Technology > which one is better?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

which one is better?

i am looking at these two graphic cards but i dont know which one to pick. i know some people are pros in graphics in here so i want to hear from you guys. thanks.

PNY VERTO GF4 MX 440 SE PCI 64MB TV Retail
Specifications:
Chipset: GF4 MX440
Memory Clock: 250MHz core clock speed
Memory: 64MB DDR SDRAM memory
Bus: PCI
333MHz effective memory clock rate
5.3GB/sec. memory bandwidth
2 dual-rendering pipelines
4 texels per clock cycle
1 billion texels/sec. fill rate
31 million triangles/sec.
Maximum 3D/2D resolution of 2048 x 1536 @ 75Hz
Ports: VGA + RCA + S-Video

AznTiger has attached this image:

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-17-2003 04:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AznTiger Click here to Send AznTiger a Private Message Find more posts by AznTiger Add AznTiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

this is the other one:

EVGA GEFORCE4 MX440SE 64MB SDR PCI - RETAIL
Specifications:
Chipset: 256-bit GeForce4 MX-440-SE
Memory:64MB 6ns 128-bit SDR Memory
Bus:PCI 2.1 Interface
2.7GB per second Memory Bandwidth
31 Million Triangles per Second (chipset spec)
1 Billion Texels per Second (chipset spec)
Lightspeed Memory Architecture II
NVIDIA Shading Rasterizer™
Ports VGA and TV OUT

AznTiger has attached this image:

Old Post 04-17-2003 04:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AznTiger Click here to Send AznTiger a Private Message Find more posts by AznTiger Add AznTiger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

the pny is $70.00

the evga is $59.00

the price doesn't matter to me that much as long it is worth it. so any suggestions please post.

Old Post 04-17-2003 04:09 AM
|vaSh|
And wheeeeeeeee

Both of these card blow cock. Basicly you are buying a geforce 2 ultra. If you are low on money go and buy a geforce ti 4200 or Radeon 9000 or 9500 because with MX u will play games at like 10 fps :/

Old Post 04-17-2003 05:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for |vaSh| Click here to Send |vaSh| a Private Message Find more posts by |vaSh| Add |vaSh| to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

im not buying this for games. i already have a geforce fx. now i just want to add another card in my comptuer so i could add another monitor to my pc. its like an extension card.

Old Post 04-17-2003 05:18 AM
ajy

quote:
Originally posted by |vaSh|
Both of these card blow cock. Basicly you are buying a geforce 2 ultra. If you are low on money go and buy a geforce ti 4200 or Radeon 9000 or 9500 because with MX u will play games at like 10 fps :/

yeah i know. radeon are the cards to buy right now

Old Post 04-17-2003 01:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:
Originally posted by AznTiger
the pny is $70.00

the evga is $59.00

the price doesn't matter to me that much as long it is worth it. so any suggestions please post.

get the evga.
has the tv out and the vga ports.

Props To Huby

Old Post 04-17-2003 06:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

quote:
Originally posted by sangxjin
get the evga.
has the tv out and the vga ports.

they both have vga ports and tv out. what are you talking about?

Old Post 04-17-2003 08:33 PM
sangxjin

quote:
they both have vga ports and tv out. what are you talking about?

oops didnt see that. well i still say get evga. has more overclocking potential. has a fan.

Props To Huby

Old Post 04-17-2003 10:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
|vaSh|
And wheeeeeeeee

Uh... If you want to have 2 monitors on one pc you just have to buy a plug, connect it to ur Geforce FX and thats it. New card is not needed.

Old Post 04-17-2003 10:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for |vaSh| Click here to Send |vaSh| a Private Message Find more posts by |vaSh| Add |vaSh| to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

quote:
Uh... If you want to have 2 monitors on one pc you just have to buy a plug, connect it to ur Geforce FX and thats it. New card is not needed.

no im adding a 3rd monitor. not a 2nd one.

Old Post 04-17-2003 10:13 PM
|vaSh|
And wheeeeeeeee

R u sure thats even possible? If i was you i would head over www.overclockersforums.com and ask there.

Old Post 04-17-2003 10:16 PM
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

quote:
R u sure thats even possible? If i was you i would head over www.overclockersforums.com and ask there.

trust me it is possible. just tell me which 1 is better. that is all i wanted to know.

Old Post 04-17-2003 11:26 PM
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

id choose the evga one.

Old Post 04-18-2003 02:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

... 3 monitors? Y?! i mean i understand 2 for those who r into editin and 3d graphics and such but i never heard of a need for 3 monitors?!

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 04-18-2003 03:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
... 3 monitors? Y?! i mean i understand 2 for those who r into editin and 3d graphics and such but i never heard of a need for 3 monitors?!

well it is a long story.

Old Post 04-18-2003 03:59 AM
YaaMaKoh
spiritual life mod

quote:
well it is a long story.

weve got time on our hands. amuse us

Old Post 04-18-2003 04:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for YaaMaKoh Click here to Send YaaMaKoh a Private Message Visit YaaMaKoh's homepage! Find more posts by YaaMaKoh Add YaaMaKoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
merdawg
: My Avatar is So CUTE :

quote:
Originally posted by YaaMaKoh
weve got time on our hands. amuse us

yes...praytell

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Old Post 04-18-2003 05:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for merdawg Click here to Send merdawg a Private Message Find more posts by merdawg Add merdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AznTiger
An Azn Boy

alright here it goes. since i already have 2 monitors connected to my computer i cant add another 1. i do this because of the editing i do and video editing for this 1 company. so i couldnt find anything graphics card with 3 ports if there was i would buy those instead. but nooooo they are rare. so then i had to buy a pci graphics card so i could support up to 3. yea what crazyness huh. but having 3 mointors have its good side imagine the game possibilities yahoo! haha. alright thats my story. theres more to it but im lazy to tell it.

Old Post 04-18-2003 06:26 AM
|vaSh|
And wheeeeeeeee

3 monitors would be mean u would get like 15 fps ingame.

Old Post 04-19-2003 12:14 AM