Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > Imports vs. Domestics
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sangxjin

Arrow Imports vs. Domestics

hmm i dunno whether or not i should've put this in the Debate forum or not because not everyone knows something about cars in the debate forum, anyway this is where you get to compare them. (dont let this topic get out of hand and stick with the original topic)

personally, for looks its the Imports. power=the domestics.

Props To Huby

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-24-2002 03:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

I dont even think imports win the looks catagory.

consider all of the riced out pos imports you see.

the ones with shitty ground effects, neon everywhere, winshield wiper conversions, altezzas, shitty window tints, spoilers, fake rims, two toned bodys, fake CF hoods, real CF hoods (rofl), super whites or ultra whites, clear corners, chins that make their car look like some fucked up alien concept, stickers for parts they dont have, mufflers that go from a 2.5 pipe to a 4 inch tip, hood scoops and side scoops on cars that dont need them, decal eyebrows.

I dont think any of those look good.

Why? because its all useless. ALL OF IT. Like wearing sunglasses in the dark, you dont need them.. sure they might be cool sunglasses, and they might be expensive, but its fucking stupid.

People who say that domestics fall apart, and that domestics look shitty etc.. obviously dont know how to take good care of their cars.

If domestics fall apart more than imports, why dont you see tons of 70's imports?

and people who think that asian imports are faster than american muscle, have never been to a real IR and seen a good domestic race a good civic in a quarter.

Old Post 06-24-2002 06:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ryosuke

Now would you count European cars in this little debate? Personally I'd go for the European cars. Now if its plain imports vs Domestics, I'd give it to the imports for looks. Stock against stock. Now for performance... the domestics will dominate. EASILY. Now modified looks, I'll agree with prototype on the fact that the majority of ricers has shit on their cars that are not functional. Notice the word majority. Personally if the cars has a clean bodykit and decent rims, pretty much a clean non ricer look, then I'll give it to the imports.

Old Post 06-28-2002 07:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ryosuke Click here to Send ryosuke a Private Message Find more posts by ryosuke Add ryosuke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

european cars hands down
(german, and italian cars that is none of those Citroens)

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 06-28-2002 08:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

euros are nice...they have power (ie: porsche) and they have class (ie: mercedes)...and they look niiiiiiiccceeee

Old Post 06-28-2002 08:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimwross

i guess for the most part, imports cool pretty cool (and are realitivey cheap) compared to the euro imports. but they cant compare to the looks and features / styles of mercdes and bmws. Also... damn the viper is just a fuckin' killer stock, its so awesome.

Old Post 06-29-2002 02:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jimwross Click here to Send Jimwross a Private Message Find more posts by Jimwross Add Jimwross to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

mercedes and bmw's arent THAT nice.

not worth the price tag, for any special feature they have.. you can do it custom and more for half the cost.

Old Post 06-29-2002 09:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimwross

I like the retractable automatic hardtops...

Old Post 06-29-2002 11:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jimwross Click here to Send Jimwross a Private Message Find more posts by Jimwross Add Jimwross to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

domestics depend on displacement while imports are all about fuel injection. in this world size does matter. well sort of, the Porsche 911 GT2 doesnt depend on size, neither does the Honda S2000..matter of fact the honda produces the most horsepower per liter. imo, imports will change greatly over the next 10 years and wont be looked down upon from domestics. the Lancer Evo is one import that no one hates. matter of fact its a super car slayer. *yumm* i want one.

Props To Huby

Old Post 06-30-2002 02:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

quote:
Originally posted by sangxjin
domestics depend on displacement while imports are all about fuel injection. in this world size does matter. well sort of, the Porsche 911 GT2 doesnt depend on size, neither does the Honda S2000..matter of fact the honda produces the most horsepower per liter. imo, imports will change greatly over the next 10 years and wont be looked down upon from domestics. the Lancer Evo is one import that no one hates. matter of fact its a super car slayer. *yumm* i want one.

displacement will always win, unless you have a ton of money.

Old Post 07-04-2002 12:42 AM
sangxjin

yeah, speed=money, well in some cases not. i mean i dont have experience but its not that expensive to build up a muscle car is it?

Props To Huby

Old Post 07-04-2002 03:43 AM
Prototype

No.

its not expensive to buy a used muscle car either.

For the 15k you'd spend on an RSX, you can get a 10 second chevelle.. or a 10 second nova.

thats 15 thousand dollars, for a car that does 0-60 in under 3 seconds, and runs a quarter mile in under 10.

Old Post 07-05-2002 01:35 AM
sangxjin

yeah but thats if you do most of your own modifications. most people except some dont even know what a camshaft is or what a spark plug does.

Props To Huby

Old Post 07-08-2002 03:44 AM
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

rsx is more than 15k

and i think you're arguments are more towards old school vs. new school

you can make a lot of 10 second old schools.. including imports.. for the same amount of money..

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 07-13-2002 10:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

- domestics are good for drag-racing -
- imports are good for street-racing -

my .02

Old Post 07-13-2002 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnnyLemonhead
Sour

There's a night and day difference between a "modded" import and a stock porsche C4, even if they have the same horsepower and skidpad numbers. Most any modification to a small import engine, including intake, header, exhaust or even turbos or nitrous will make the engine "peaky," which will never compare to the big fat torque curve of a Porsche or BMW engine. Kind of like driving a 4 cylinder and then twin cylinder motorcycle.

Also to Jimwross, about the viper: no. Have you ever driven a stock (or even modified) viper? I'd say a viper is about as shitty you can get for a street car. Extremely fidgety power, jerky (over)steering, grippy brakes, completely unforgiving, and also godawful handling, even in low speeds, in the rain. Unless you're planning on dumping another $150,000 into it to make a GT or World Challenge car, I fail to see the point of buying a viper.

Old Post 07-14-2002 12:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyLemonhead Click here to Send JohnnyLemonhead a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyLemonhead Add JohnnyLemonhead to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote