Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > General > Random Thoughts > JSL Merchandise Design Contest
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

JSL Merchandise Design Contest

JSL Merchandise Design Contest

What is the contest and what is it for?
As stated last month, JSL merchandise will be sold. Before merchandise can be sold, each product needs a design or the JSL logo/name. Therefore, the JSL Merchandise Design Contest is being held.

Who can enter the contest?
This contest is intended for all active and inactive members of the JSL forums. Member cooperation and as many submissions as possible is recommended. Mods, super mods, and the administrator are urged to enter! There are no regulations on who can and who can not enter this contest!

What kind of art will the judges be looking for?
You can enter any kind of original artwork done by you that relates to www.jusunlee.com and its services. There are two categories that you can submit your work into. One category is Name/Logo and the other is Design/Art.
The Name/Logo category is for the name or logo designs—meaning no drawings. This category will be done for merchandise such as ski hats, baseball caps, backpacks, and other merchandise that will only allow the name/logo.
The Design/Art category is for pieces of art, for example, drawings. This category will be done for merchandise such as large clothing (shirts, aprons, sweatshirts, sleep wear, etc.) and other merchandise allowing a design/art.
-For more information, refer to Rules and Regulations in each category.

How do I submit my artwork?
When you are finished designing your artwork, just attach it to a reply in this contest thread. Please include your username, full name, the category you are submitting it into, and a brief description of what your artwork is. If you have more than one submission, feel free to post another reply but include all the information asked above. This is for the judging process.

Are there any prizes?
The 1st place winner of one of the two categories will receive a free T-shirt plus a free sub-domain hosting plan (lifetime)! So enter for these great advantages!

Great! When can I start entering my submissions and when is the deadline?
You can start entering your submissions now, so hurry!!! The deadline for all submissions will be April 25th, 2003. Winners will be notified the following week, as well as the public.

Submission Categories:All submissions should have the following information included in reply post:
-Username -Category artwork is being submitted into
-Full Name -A brief description of what it is

Category 1: Name/Logo
This category is for designing of just the name/logo. The name/logo must consist of the word: “JuSunLee.com?or another word, abbreviation, or phrase relating to the word.
Rules/Regulations:
1. All art must have the name/logo or it will not be accepted. If applicable for Category 2, art will be entered into that category.
2. All art must be original.
3. All art must be done by computer art.
-Computer Art- Any art program is acceptable. Maximum size is 500 x 500 pixels on a transparent background (no white).
4. All art must be appropriate or will be disqualified from contest.
5. As many submissions by one member can be submitted into this category if member pleases to do so.

Category 2: Design/Art
This category is reserved for designing an original piece of artwork. Anything relating to www.jusunlee.com and its services is acceptable.
Rules/Regulations:
1. All art must have a drawing/graphics to be accepted into this category.
2. All art must have the name/logo in the design.
3. All art must be original.
4. All art should have a minimal amount of words if any (excluding name/logo) or will be submitted into Category 1 if necessary.
5. All artwork must be done by computer art.
-Computer Art- Any art program is acceptable. Maximum size is 500 x 500 pixels on a transparent background (no white).
6. All art must be appropriate or will be disqualified from contest.
7. As many submissions by one member can be submitted into this category if member pleases to do so.

Artwork can and will be disqualified if it contains unnecessary messages, signs, actions, suggestions, and/or anything found as unacceptable. New rules and regulations can be issued to the category(s) if necessary. If a member enters a submission and believes the artwork submitted is not inappropriate, judges will decide.

Judging Process

The judging process will start on the next day of the submissions deadline, April 26th, 2003. The judging will be based upon creativity, originality, relation to www.jusunlee.com, and overall, popularity (put bluntly).
The judging court will consist of seven judges. The judges are not yet picked for purposes of artwork submissions and activity. The judges will be members of the JSL forum community and will be notified on the due date of the submissions (April 25th, 2003) to start the judging process in time. In the notification, judges are given a clearer message as to what is expected of them as judges, what to look for, and more.
~If you do not wish to be on the judge court list, please PM me saying so.

Side note

Please refrain from replying if you are not posting a submission for the contest—even if your purpose is posting positive feedback and comments. This thread is intended for submissions and only submissions. If you are eager to give positive feedback or comments, please do so in the "comments" thread. This purpose is for the judging process.
All in all, this should be an exciting contest for everyone in the JSL community! Whether you are artistic or not, just enter a submission... or more! You never know, you could be the lucky winner! This is a great opportunity for all members to get active again. Let’s make it an exciting contest with lots of submissions! I encourage ALL members, including the inactive members, mods, super mods, and the administrator. Besides, don’t let all my hard work go to waste. LOL! Thank you and I’m hoping to see all of you submit at least one artwork!
If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments, just send me a PM.
~Julie

---------

if you have any questions... I'd be happy to answer... but remember, post it in the comments thread created for this contest!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-25-2003 03:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
indecisive
the Deranged one

um..I dunno if this can be submitted but I wanted to contribute...you guys can make your own decision about what it should be under.

http://indecisive.jusunlee.com/Jsl.zip

Indecisive: Logo contest I guess.....iono

when you say "full name' do you mean my name or the name for this art work??

this is a 3d animation promoting the Jusunlee website. it was created using NewTek's Lightwave 7.0b

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Last edited by indecisive on 04-01-2003 at 06:02 AM

Old Post 04-01-2003 05:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for indecisive Click here to Send indecisive a Private Message Find more posts by indecisive Add indecisive to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
orange

Download the .psd file here

orange - category 1. logo.

Phillip Park - A red microphone.

side note: I left the color red because with PS I thougth it'd be easy to change the color. ^^

No one posted? The first place prize looks very tempting @_@.

Last edited by orange on 04-07-2003 at 09:33 AM

Old Post 04-07-2003 09:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for orange Click here to Send orange a Private Message Visit orange's homepage! Find more posts by orange Add orange to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Azn2296

um.. don't noe if this helps but yahh.. better then notting?? not really much tho... i have jusunlee needa a new logo.. its too plain...yah....

Azn2296 has attached this image:

My Xanga

Old Post 04-08-2003 04:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Azn2296 Click here to Send Azn2296 a Private Message Visit Azn2296's homepage! Find more posts by Azn2296 Add Azn2296 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

ok, this is really late but, the t shirt is here!
the back will have all members that have joined on or before 5/31/03

kryogenix has attached this image:

Old Post 06-09-2003 02:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

hat

Old Post 06-11-2003 07:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kryogenix Click here to Send kryogenix a Private Message Find more posts by kryogenix Add kryogenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
hat

mug. the lifetime hosting would really help...

Old Post 06-11-2003 07:53 PM
Azn2296

my quick tries

My Xanga

Old Post 06-11-2003 08:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Azn2296 Click here to Send Azn2296 a Private Message Visit Azn2296's homepage! Find more posts by Azn2296 Add Azn2296 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Azn2296

get photoshop off kazza for better quality

My Xanga

Old Post 06-11-2003 08:41 PM
Azn2296

last one......

My Xanga

Old Post 06-11-2003 08:41 PM
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by Azn2296
last one......

lol, i should get pshop, but i don't have enough space on my harddrive.

Old Post 06-12-2003 02:31 PM
kryogenix
Ghost

quote:
Originally posted by Azn2296
my quick tries

yes, my attempts took less than 30 secs.

Old Post 06-12-2003 02:34 PM
micron
all i need is a miracle

lack of precipitant, contest cancelled, unstuck thread.

Old Post 06-30-2003 05:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for micron Click here to Send micron a Private Message Find more posts by micron Add micron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Azn2296

quote:
Originally posted by jusunlee
lack of precipitant, contest cancelled, unstuck thread.

it sucks cause usally merchandise is just like t shirts and mugs and shit.. its not like u gonna waste money on making jsl watches and shit...

if u really want to do this./.. the easiest thing is the shirts... just have the sites name in front or back.. the customize name in back or front.. cause me sn or whatever u want to say in it... charge by how many letters... and u can maybe put smilies like the one on the forum or like i dont noe.. u noe shit like that.. same with the mugs and shit.. for hat.. just put the site or something...

My Xanga

Old Post 06-30-2003 05:40 AM