Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > Illest Emcee's
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
J-DraGoNz
Music/Multimedia/Lyricism

Illest Emcee's

Who ya'll think is da dopest rappers these days? mainstream + underground.

i got alot i think are ill...i'll name a few:

Thai, Jedi Mind Tricks, 50 Cent, Tupac, Outlawz, Aliaz, SED, Slanted Visions, Bandit AP, Eazy-E, Chosen 1, Twista, Bone Thugs, and millions more...

http://www.mcjdragonz.com

http://www.dynamicvocalz.tk

http://www.streetmaderecordz.tk

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-22-2003 04:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for J-DraGoNz Click here to Send J-DraGoNz a Private Message Visit J-DraGoNz's homepage! Find more posts by J-DraGoNz Add J-DraGoNz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

yes. twista is rather impressive.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 06-22-2003 07:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

these days
twista, 50 cent, bone thugs n harmony, ludacris, forgot his name but he's in the st lunatics -_-, nas, jay z, mc lite, tali kwabi <sp?>, and more

back then
2pac, biggie,drag-on couple others but can't remm

Old Post 06-25-2003 05:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

i used to really like 50, but i think he's really overrated. i don't think he'd be as famous if he hadn't been infamously shot 9 times. he's pretty good, but i don't think he's as good as, say, jay-z.

right now i really like trina, nelly, big tymers, and can't think of anyone else. as for old school, of course biggie and tupac, bone thugs, snoop, dre, salt n peppa, and more

Old Post 06-26-2003 04:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM
i used to really like 50, but i think he's really overrated. i don't think he'd be as famous if he hadn't been infamously shot 9 times. he's pretty good, but i don't think he's as good as, say, jay-z.

i agree with u about 50..... his songs are totally overplayed and i'm just sick of him
but i disagree about jay-z...... i think he sucks. he sucks at rapping in my opinion. i think 50 is much better compared to jay-z. but dats just my opinion.

Old Post 06-26-2003 05:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-DraGoNz
Music/Multimedia/Lyricism

quote:
right now i really like trina, nelly, big tymers, and can't think of anyone else. as for old school, of course biggie and tupac, bone thugs, snoop, dre, salt n peppa, and more

hahahahahaha damn salt n peppa...dey OG fo real. lol

i dont like those artists like jay z nelly big tymers and stuff...they have good beats...they are good lyricists...but the lack realness. just more mainstream rappers talkin bout money n hoes...i like how 6 Sense put it...

"Suffrage in my luggage everywhere that I step or go//
Wreckage is the message everywhere that I step or go//
Rap must shape and remold, rap is getting so old//
Who gonna listen anymo' when it's just about hoes//"

http://www.mcjdragonz.com

http://www.dynamicvocalz.tk

http://www.streetmaderecordz.tk

Last edited by J-DraGoNz on 06-26-2003 at 05:22 AM

Old Post 06-26-2003 05:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for J-DraGoNz Click here to Send J-DraGoNz a Private Message Visit J-DraGoNz's homepage! Find more posts by J-DraGoNz Add J-DraGoNz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

quote:

all he got was around his arm and stuff only major area he got shot was in the jaw but i like some of his music when in the club and wangsta first came shit was slappin until radio started over playin it i like his one song many men. But yea he is over rated and personally i agree with you that he's not as good as jay z
but he's the hot thing right now

Old Post 06-26-2003 06:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captain Korea
L.A.'s Worst

knocturnal, benzino, talib kweli, obie trice, nas, chino xl

Old Post 06-26-2003 06:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Captain Korea Click here to Send Captain Korea a Private Message Find more posts by Captain Korea Add Captain Korea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daNNy LuV 1TYM
. : c r y : .

yeah 50's the HOT thing rite now and i liked him better when the radio didn't play his songs that much cuz it's gettin annoying.
lol nelly, big tymers, etc - i guess they're not "real", but i don't always like listening to people who talk about gettin shot and killin and robbing and stuff. sometimes eminem and dmx are really depressing to listen to.

and how bout nick cannon?? ahaha that guy cracks me up. he looks like he's 16. i dun think he'll really make it big in the hip hop world cuz of his stunt on nickolodeon. but he's not that great of a rapper anyway

Old Post 06-27-2003 05:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daNNy LuV 1TYM Click here to Send daNNy LuV 1TYM a Private Message Find more posts by daNNy LuV 1TYM Add daNNy LuV 1TYM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
*~JoEy~*
. . .

Tupac, J-Live, Talib Kweli, Zion I, T, Dead Prez, Del The Funky Homsapien, The Roots, Too many to list i guess. . .

Scream!!! FOB Style

Old Post 06-27-2003 07:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for *~JoEy~* Click here to Send *~JoEy~* a Private Message Visit *~JoEy~*'s homepage! Find more posts by *~JoEy~* Add *~JoEy~* to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Korea
knocturnal

Interesting... I like knocturn'al's production work, and his unique rapping style, real laid-back, but I don't think he's one of the most talented mc's

quote:
Originally posted by *~JoEy~*
Dead Prez, Del The Funky Homsapien

Dead Prez and Del are sick too, but I don't feel they rank among the most talented emcee's around. I really really dig DP and Del's alright, I'm not too familiar with his ouevre, but progressive lyrics aren't enough to make the cut...don't get me wrong though, I'm a massive DP fan.

Anyways...
Emcee's that I'm familiar with whom I think are top-tier talent-wise:
U.S. - Black Thought, Chuck D, Common, Def Squad, Jay-Z, members of jurassic 5, Missy Elliot, Mos Def, Mr. Lif, Nas, Ras Kass, Snoop Dogg (maybe not lyrically, but his presence and fervor), Talib Kweli, Most of the cats in Wu-Tang Clan
Intl. - Kreva, Verbal

Everyone says Twista's good, and from what I've heard he sounds talented, but I don't really care for his stuff.
Tupac and Biggie were and still are awesome in their respects, but I don't know Tupac's works as well as Biggie's.
hm, and 50, I've never really cared for his stuff. I didn't like Wanksta at all, and I abhorred In the club, though it's real catchy. 21 questions was alright and I don't mind him so much now, but I don't particularly care for him. I remember when he was beefin' with a lot of established emcee's, trying to get noticed, and he seemed like a punk then. He doesn't come off that way anymore, but ahh, I still don't care.

Last edited by tm11 on 07-10-2003 at 10:53 AM

Old Post 07-10-2003 09:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote