Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > TV and Movies > league of extraordinary gentlemen
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

league of extraordinary gentlemen

i saw this movie today. i really liked it, but the ship was way too unrealistic. the fight scenes weren't too bad but the characters were great.
anyone see it or want to see it?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-12-2003 04:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

i really want to see it. it looks like its gonna be the shit

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-12-2003 04:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

i want to see it..the title though..haha its weird

Old Post 07-12-2003 07:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

movie was coo i like mena she was cool esp when she transforms also skinner he was cool funny too. when the movie ended got people laughin lol but yea i didn't think this movie deserved such a low rating
Good effects, characters and action. The plot is fairly generic and bogged down in the 1st half of the movie with "introductions" of all the characters. A sequel to this could be great. It's a good more mature alternative to the new wave of comic book movies.

Old Post 07-12-2003 08:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

i really think that they're going to make a sequel out of this movie because of the way it ended. i liked how they didn't waste any time and just went right into the introductions of the characters and pretty much the main point of the movie; however, i was confused as to what they were trying to do during the rising action.

Old Post 07-12-2003 11:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swtSERENITY

it looks good

Old Post 07-12-2003 11:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for swtSERENITY Click here to Send swtSERENITY a Private Message Find more posts by swtSERENITY Add swtSERENITY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JuJu
shaKe :: sHake

i want to see it. i saw the previews and it was goood.
hopefully ill get to go see it soon

Old Post 07-12-2003 11:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JuJu Click here to Send JuJu a Private Message Find more posts by JuJu Add JuJu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
niggoreanboi
WHAT THE FUZZZ?!?!?!

i like how they didn't give each person's power away like on movies they tell what power they have and do it quickly this movie took time like mena didn't get to see what was so special about her until later and after that she came with a suprise in the 2nd fight

Old Post 07-13-2003 06:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for niggoreanboi Click here to Send niggoreanboi a Private Message Find more posts by niggoreanboi Add niggoreanboi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

I didn't think the ship was unrealistic, it was rather believable in the context of the movie. If the ship was unbelievable, you'd have to discount the majority of the weapons used (automatic weapons?), as well as the other modes of transportation (Nemo's Automobile?). They were all simply years (approximately 20) ahead of their time. The ending was only mildly ehh, and I liked the first enough that I'll see a second movie, only to see what literary heroes they'll grab and put in. I liked it simply for that reason, that it's a hellified nod to an extensive literary history that was just fantastic. Dorian Gray and Captain Nemo were the shit. I especially liked seeing Nemo fight, although I think the movie had mild orientalist aspects of it (it had a victorian love-affair with itself), watching him fight up there and produce high-end technology was something else. I agree with alex's statement that it's good to see more mature alternative to the wave of comic book movies, but I disagree in your classification of this movie as mature, relative to the Hulk or X-men 2. This movie is probably a little more relevant than spider-man or daredevil, but it only hints at anti-imperialist sentiments. The comic book though, I have not read, and that is a lot less tamer than the movie was, in many regards. The movie has piqued my intersest, and now I think I might pick up an issue of it.

Old Post 07-13-2003 07:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

i was watching the interviews about it.. looks pretty good ^^

Old Post 07-18-2003 02:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote