Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > General > Random Thoughts > Which fighting styles would you learn?
Which fighting style?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Tae Kwon Do 4 19.05%
Kung Fu 5 23.81%
Tai Chi 0 0%
Caporiea 2 9.52%
Kick Boxing 2 9.52%
Karate 0 0%
Judo 0 0%
Other 8 38.10%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DEmeant0r
Ex-Mod

Which fighting styles would you learn?

If you had one decision which of these fighting styles would you learn?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-30-2002 08:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DEmeant0r Click here to Send DEmeant0r a Private Message Visit DEmeant0r's homepage! Find more posts by DEmeant0r Add DEmeant0r to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

I would study Yoshinkan Aikido. I study Seidokan Aikido currently, hopefully in the future I can change. Haha i'm not too good right now, but must keep training.

Anyone want to move this to Sports and Fitness?

Old Post 10-30-2002 08:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eddiee
werD?

kick boxing ^__^

Old Post 10-30-2002 08:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for eddiee Click here to Send eddiee a Private Message Find more posts by eddiee Add eddiee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K_BoI323
Powered by DaeHanMinGook

i'm a 3rd degree black in tae kwon do..

Holla~~~ at me.. AIM:bowbow323

God Bless~

Old Post 10-30-2002 09:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for K_BoI323 Click here to Send K_BoI323 a Private Message Find more posts by K_BoI323 Add K_BoI323 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Captain Korea
L.A.'s Worst

My style is the best...and so I challenge you :)

Old Post 10-30-2002 09:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Captain Korea Click here to Send Captain Korea a Private Message Find more posts by Captain Korea Add Captain Korea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IronPanda322

quote:
Originally posted by tm11
I would study Yoshinkan Aikido. I study Seidokan Aikido currently, hopefully in the future I can change. Haha i'm not too good right now, but must keep training.

Anyone want to move this to Sports and Fitness?

Hey, what's the difference between the two?

Old Post 10-30-2002 10:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IronPanda322 Click here to Send IronPanda322 a Private Message Find more posts by IronPanda322 Add IronPanda322 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
untouchable
cuz im ur #1

i did kickboxing for awhile till i broke my sandbag

Old Post 10-30-2002 11:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for untouchable Click here to Send untouchable a Private Message Visit untouchable's homepage! Find more posts by untouchable Add untouchable to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEmeant0r
Ex-Mod

I was a blue belt in Tae Kwon Do before I quit, I want to learn karate now...

Old Post 10-30-2002 11:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DEmeant0r Click here to Send DEmeant0r a Private Message Visit DEmeant0r's homepage! Find more posts by DEmeant0r Add DEmeant0r to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
azn0monk
mystupidSNfromwayback

Taiji(taichi)
Bagua(pakua)
xing yi (hsing-i )
the many styles of kung fu

the top 3 are internal martial arts (chigong)
kung fu is external..

These are the originals of Asia since everything began in the Shaolin temples

These are the ONLY styles i would ever take..
and right now i am training with a Wushu(kung fu) coach from China..

I have absolutely noooo problem wit other styles..

but i make *one* major exception

karate..

most karate people i met is pretty full of themselves
and most of karate's application goes against
asian theory (ying yang, soft, calmness, meditation)

and if you look at their books, and look at a shaolin document, you would clearly see that they are copy cats but did not copy correctly, more of a watered down "fake" version.
This is because during WWII the Japanese obviously attempted to take over China, and while doing that, interrogated many famous masters and survivors of the boxer rebellion. They threatened to shoot them if they did not teach.
Most masters did not teach students who did not have any
morals..and that is still done today traditionally. "You want to kill someone with my style? well who says imma teach you.."
therefore, the masters gave them false information. This is when karate started spreading in the 50's and to america.
Kung fu was kept secret until the Bruce Lee craze came out.

and SECOND
MUAY THAI is quite effective, but trying to promote itself too much The muay thai federation of thailand put up an article about their defeat of 12 chinese (ASSUMING they practiced kung fu just because they were chinese) in which they didn't, and claiming to have defeated kung fu. Then went on to explain how muay thai is better... IM not sure if this site was real or professional at all, but when you insult something thats been around over 1400 years longer than you, you got issues.

btw.. i get in fights with K_BoI323 everyday. that bastard.

Old Post 10-31-2002 01:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for azn0monk Click here to Send azn0monk a Private Message Find more posts by azn0monk Add azn0monk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MiGhTy KiTTy
*MeOW* ^^

caporiea looks fun. hehe

Propz to Sam. yayy~ haha

-----------------------
my xanga that i finally put up~
*MeOw MeOW*

Old Post 10-31-2002 01:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MiGhTy KiTTy Click here to Send MiGhTy KiTTy a Private Message Find more posts by MiGhTy KiTTy Add MiGhTy KiTTy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Jujitsu

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-31-2002 01:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAIgrr
MM caramel FRAP! =P

i did taekwondo up to blue belt
so i want to finish it so i could get a black belt..

but i wanna do judo..

Old Post 10-31-2002 01:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAIgrr Click here to Send TAIgrr a Private Message Find more posts by TAIgrr Add TAIgrr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

aren't tae kwon do and karate the same thing?

Old Post 10-31-2002 02:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IronPanda322

Yo, Azn0monk, who do you train w/ and where?

I do wushu myself here in good ol so cal.

Old Post 10-31-2002 02:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for IronPanda322 Click here to Send IronPanda322 a Private Message Find more posts by IronPanda322 Add IronPanda322 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tm11
down by law

quote:
Originally posted by IronPanda322

Hey, what's the difference between the two?

Yoshinkan is pre-war, and I think it's a bit more dynamic, explosive form of aikido (depending on the practicioner, I guess that's not a really good explanation) but Seidokan is more focused on bringing the opponent to the ground without hurting them... yoshinkan isn't as focused on that stuff.

Old Post 10-31-2002 02:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tm11 Click here to Send tm11 a Private Message Find more posts by tm11 Add tm11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
Jujitsu

word..
jujitsu is amazing.

Props To Huby

Old Post 10-31-2002 03:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
azn0monk
mystupidSNfromwayback

ironpanda: Wuzhong Jia, in the dallas area

hes only been here for a year so theres no physical school yanno?

Old Post 10-31-2002 04:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for azn0monk Click here to Send azn0monk a Private Message Find more posts by azn0monk Add azn0monk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

WHERES THE JUIJITSU AT??? damn dat shiz is the crazies... snap bones like nothing...

Old Post 10-31-2002 05:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IronPanda322

I hear ya. Hey, how bout some stats, about him? I only ask, cause i'm always interested about wushu coachs, masters, and teachers. Things like, where he's from, what he specializes in.

My sifu is Wang Zhen Tian from Guangdong province. I forget what he specializes in, but i know for sure Chen style Tai chi and i think Drunken Sword.

My other sifu from up North is Sifu Bryant Fong, of the Berkeley Wushu team coach. He specializes in Bagua mostly and he does Traditional stuff too. He's American bred. ABC.

Old Post 10-31-2002 06:44 AM
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

the frustrating part is that there are a lot of fakes out there passing themselves on as certified-teachers...never know what you're gettin eh?

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 10-31-2002 06:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote