Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Technology > Remember the classics?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hyesungu
Mike p(X.X)q

Remember the classics?

Remember the classic games, like Zelda(1-2), Mario(1-3), Final Fantasy (2,3), Metroid, Lufia (1-2), and Chrono Trigger, they were some of the best games ever, so what happened? Seems like game developers are really only concerned about graphics now-a-days, they dont focus on the depth of the gameplay, back then, they didnt have the best graphics so they focused more on the gameplay, storyline, for me it seems like gaming has gone downhill a bit, anyone agree?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-27-2002 07:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hyesungu Click here to Send Hyesungu a Private Message Find more posts by Hyesungu Add Hyesungu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

final fantasy 7 was good..the storyline was great
after 7..everything kinda went bad...
8 sucked...i hated the draw system..i wanted the materia system back
9..the story sucked...
10...well i didnt play 10..so i have no opinion on it

but the other games nowdays are more focused on how they look

snk v capcom..u only fight like 7 rounds! what the hell is that?? i wanna fight for at least 10 rounds...i mean i like the graphics and all...but i want longer play time

Old Post 07-27-2002 07:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

Re: Remember the classics?

quote:
Originally posted by Hyesungu
Remember the classic games, like Zelda(1-2), Mario(1-3), Final Fantasy (2,3), Metroid, Lufia (1-2), and Chrono Trigger, they were some of the best games ever, so what happened? Seems like game developers are really only concerned about graphics now-a-days, they dont focus on the depth of the gameplay, back then, they didnt have the best graphics so they focused more on the gameplay, storyline, for me it seems like gaming has gone downhill a bit, anyone agree?

*sigh* yea the olden days...Mario 3 was the best

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-27-2002 07:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
volcom strider
I'm going to be blind

umm. you forget about gran turismo series there a few exceptions in terms of graphics and gameplay being there at the same time. i thought final fantasy X was a good game, with a good story-line, including xenogears. and what about gta3? that's good too. metroid is being revamped to a new whole different of appearance than before. silent hill and (remake of) resident evil are looking well...

Old Post 07-27-2002 08:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for volcom strider Click here to Send volcom strider a Private Message Find more posts by volcom strider Add volcom strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

oh yeah gta3....that game is awesome

Old Post 07-27-2002 08:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

they should've put more broadcasts for Chatterbox FM though

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-27-2002 11:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
huby40
Squeak....

lol chatterbox, that station is great

Old Post 07-28-2002 12:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for huby40 Click here to Send huby40 a Private Message Find more posts by huby40 Add huby40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

battle toads double dragon for snes. old skool.

Old Post 07-28-2002 05:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

quote:
Originally posted by huby40
lol chatterbox, that station is great

haha i remember that organization against telephones hahahahahah hella funny. CRAP they called themselves or somethin like that...

then there was that hernando or somethin dude the LOVE MIRACLE MAN ahahha he was the best

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 07-28-2002 05:46 AM
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by volcom strider
including xenogears. silent hill and (remake of) resident evil are looking well...

yeah, xenogears was really good, really interesting story. silent hill was cool too.

Old Post 07-29-2002 04:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

xeno gears is tight...just hated all the reading

Old Post 07-29-2002 04:39 AM
castle outsider

i got xenogears but havent played it yet

i think i need a strategy guide but i cant find one since the game is so old

Old Post 07-29-2002 06:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hyesungu
Mike p(X.X)q

if you need strategy guide for any games, goto Gamefaqs.com

Old Post 07-29-2002 07:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Hyesungu Click here to Send Hyesungu a Private Message Find more posts by Hyesungu Add Hyesungu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

quote:
Originally posted by tea
just hated all the reading

yeah, i hated how some of the dialogue would take about 15 minutes to read through, then you'd get thrown into a boss fight, then you'd die and have to read through all that again

Old Post 07-30-2002 04:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
junjinluber33

mario is the best! i still play some recent mario games with my little sisters~ kekeke

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Old Post 07-30-2002 06:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for junjinluber33 Click here to Send junjinluber33 a Private Message Visit junjinluber33's homepage! Find more posts by junjinluber33 Add junjinluber33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote