Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Interests > Cars > fixing up your car
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
marvinOPPA
i like u this much

fixing up your car

ok lets try and keep the price range of the car under 40,000 and i jus want to kno wat u would do to supe up ur car...no limit on money i jus wanna see wat kinda parts ppl are into..regardless of show or go, domestic cars or imports

for instance...im about to buy a project car, nothin too fancy ...jus a used 92-95 civic or 90-93, and perhaps a 94 teg...havent bought it yet but im lookin around...ive thought doin a lil mix of new and old...akimoto intake, dc headers, greddy exhaust, act clutch, ground-control coil overs...stock .adding ls-vtec, apex-i v-afc, new ecu....nothin big not too much money spent, and very attainable...right?

i jus want if other ppls gots a plan

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-24-2002 06:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for marvinOPPA Click here to Send marvinOPPA a Private Message Find more posts by marvinOPPA Add marvinOPPA to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

I'd spend 15k on a 10 second chevelle.

I wouldnt ever buy asian import for a project car. As big as the aftermarket is on civics and integras... there is only so much I could do myself.

and so instead, if I had 40k for a project car, I'd buy a 1970 chevelle malibu SS with a chevy 454 ls6 under the hood..

rebuild it to get the full 450 ponies out, increase the displacement and find a larger chromolly crank.

I'd add long ramstacks and get my heads port ground for better airflow, get holley 4150 carbs for a ram induction intake manifold.. if I had the money I'd get a shaker hood -_-; hopefully a CF one.

jesus 40k.. um...

I'd buy a t4/t4 turbo, and a t3/t4 hybrid turbo for good top end, and little turbo lag..

2.25 inch pipes into the turbo and 3 inch straight pipe exhaust for quicker power from the turbos and better airflow.. a glass pack for when I have to pass sound at a IR.

hm... a 5 close gear ratio tranny with synchromesh, a 10 bolt posi rear end for better acceleration..

crap I still have alot of money.. hm..

magnesium rims, 6 in total (4 street, and 2 slicks)

a linelock to help preload the tranny so I dont tear it apart everytime I drop the clutch.

replace the two front seats with padded bucketseats, and 4 point belts. add a roll cage, hmm.. leave the backseat, and get those honda type-R shoulder pads.. 8 of them, for my 4 point belts. [rofl]

omg! I'd buy royal purple oil :D

hmm. a turbo timer and BOV for my turbos.. [turbo timer so my balls dont sit in hot oil.]

Hmm.. still more money left so;

I'd buy a nitrous plate kit from NOS.

this would probably be like 20-25k. well no... maybe 15-20k

rofl 10 second car is teh winnar.

Last edited by Prototype on 06-24-2002 at 11:23 PM

Old Post 06-24-2002 11:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

quote:
Originally posted by Prototype
chevy 454 ls6 under the hood..

drool. :exclaim:

Props To Huby

Old Post 06-25-2002 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

buy a stock 1969 Shelby GT 500 428 Cobra Jet add some cool stickers and a Blitz body kit and a 6 in. exhaust tip.

or get a 1970 "Blown" Hemi and ill get a roll cage, drag slicks, fuel cell, new suspension, wheelie bars, new tranny and gears, ill basically tear apart the new block and get a new one, maybe a stroked 440, some comfy bucket seats and ill probably be running high 9's low 10's and weight is not a huge factor because with the chassis stripped pretty much down it'll be weighing under 3500 lbs.

or...

buy a used Lancer EVO VI and add the regular goodies on it.

Props To Huby

Old Post 06-25-2002 04:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sangxjin Click here to Send sangxjin a Private Message Visit sangxjin's homepage! Find more posts by sangxjin Add sangxjin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

i'd build a 10 second razo scoooter.. and with the rest of the money i'll buy galbee. that would supe me up baby

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 06-27-2002 09:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimwross

40,000? go buy a used benz

Old Post 06-29-2002 02:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jimwross Click here to Send Jimwross a Private Message Find more posts by Jimwross Add Jimwross to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sangxjin

if i was extremely rich..for fun i would make the worlds fastest lawnmower. the ones that you can sit down and steer. that would be fun..

Props To Huby

Old Post 06-30-2002 02:28 AM
Nojeel

all i got to say is..never underestimate the speed and power of domestics.. they're really underrated..it's all been about imports these last 3-4 years..

Old Post 07-02-2002 05:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

used m3

Old Post 07-02-2002 06:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prototype

spending 40k on a luxury euro isnt fixing up your car.

Old Post 07-02-2002 10:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Prototype Click here to Send Prototype a Private Message Visit Prototype's homepage! Find more posts by Prototype Add Prototype to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote