Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Intellectuals > Debate > suicide
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
saranghae

suicide

wut do u think about it?

personally... i think its wrong... i mean they think they have the worst problem in the world... but someone would always have a bigger one. they end their lives thinking no one loves them... and leaves behind all their love ones to remorse over them.

sorry... if my opinions are offensive.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-21-2002 10:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jini
nan.. yunjiniee da ~

it's wrong

wherever you go, whatever you do
i will be right here waiting for you
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
i will be right here waiting for you

Old Post 09-21-2002 10:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jini Click here to Send jini a Private Message Visit jini's homepage! Find more posts by jini Add jini to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajy

well

if you are seriously ill (mentally) then you are not in the rite frame of mind to make rational decisions. And i think if you did kill yourself then, god would show you some pity when you die. But for people who are completely sane its just really selfish, and for attention.

Old Post 09-21-2002 11:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ajy Click here to Send ajy a Private Message Find more posts by ajy Add ajy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnisMuiMui
Fashion Police/Mod

yeah unless ur mentally ill and have no control over it, i say its wrong in my opinion

Old Post 09-22-2002 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnisMuiMui Click here to Send UnisMuiMui a Private Message Visit UnisMuiMui's homepage! Find more posts by UnisMuiMui Add UnisMuiMui to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

yup..i think they're being selfish also..
they may say that life is being unfair to them..
or that life sucks..only reason..they make it suck..
if they even tried..with whatever..life wouldnt suck as much

Old Post 09-22-2002 08:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

i don't think it's wrong.

I think it's a poor choice.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 09-22-2002 05:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grumpy

Re: suicide

quote:
Originally posted by saranghae
wut do u think about it?

personally... i think its wrong... i mean they think they have the worst problem in the world... but someone would always have a bigger one. they end their lives thinking no one loves them... and leaves behind all their love ones to remorse over them.

sorry... if my opinions are offensive.

yes that's very true.
even though i think about it too sometimes... oh well.

Old Post 09-29-2002 08:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for grumpy Click here to Send grumpy a Private Message Find more posts by grumpy Add grumpy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zero-Sen

uhh...

i think that suicide is the ultimate pain killer.

i mean, its always the persons last resort yada yada yada, and yeah it will hurt other people, and yes people will call them selfish.

but imagine what they're going through. i mean, i've been there before, and itz not pretty. I use to sleep all the time cause it was the only way to escape myself and life.

i just pity them.

(BTW KURT COBAIN WAS MURDERED! COURTNEY LOVE!)

Old Post 09-30-2002 02:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zero-Sen Click here to Send Zero-Sen a Private Message Find more posts by Zero-Sen Add Zero-Sen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
saranghae

Re: Re: suicide

quote:
Originally posted by grumpy

yes that's very true.
even though i think about it too sometimes... oh well.

aww... but then again... everyone feels that way at least once in their life time...

Old Post 09-30-2002 03:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for saranghae Click here to Send saranghae a Private Message Find more posts by saranghae Add saranghae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nojeel

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
i don't think it's wrong.

I think it's a poor choice.

my thoughts exactly..i do not think its wrong..morally..i just think its a wrong decision..if the individual decides to take away his/her life..we have to respect that..its THEIR life..and they have the right to make THEIR own decision..

to me..suicide means a way out..a certain person can be consumed so much..that they just want to be free..just to be released from all the physical/mental pain they are feeling..personally, i consider them weak..

and yes..there has been a tremendous amount of cases..such as *unreasonable* suicides..like fans..killing themselves for their most favorite artist/entertainer..we've all heard of that phrase *i'll die for you* a good amount of people really take that seriously...

also..i agree with most of the people previously posted before me..i do think its a selfish action..although they most likely might not be in the right frame of mind when performing this hideous action by sacrificing/killing themselves for unknown reasons..i seriously doubt they are thinking about the others..such as friends, family, people who mean greatly that person..as well as individual means to them. i just think a person can be pushed so far..that they cannot handle the situation anymore...but whatever the case..i do not agree with ceasing your own existence..

one more thing..there has been alot of *assiting suicidal* cases as well..if someone is in a critical physical condition..and they know they are going to decease and cannot take the pain anymore, and their wish is to perish..that's a different story..to leave this existence because of physical pain..suffering from a disease with no cure..and every minute that person is going through hell..i think killing themselves in this situation is justified..

Old Post 10-07-2002 06:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Nojeel Click here to Send Nojeel a Private Message Find more posts by Nojeel Add Nojeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jj2
JSL Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nojeel
one more thing..there has been alot of *assiting suicidal* cases as well..if someone is in a critical physical condition..and they know they are going to decease and cannot take the pain anymore, and their wish is to perish..that's a different story..to leave this existence because of physical pain..suffering from a disease with no cure..and every minute that person is going through hell..i think killing themselves in this situation is justified..

u mean the term 'euthanasia'

but very well said *applauds*

Old Post 10-08-2002 12:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jj2 Click here to Send Jj2 a Private Message Find more posts by Jj2 Add Jj2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aznkid1008
God is my judge

well personally i really cant say anything and god knows that i cant. well i think a large majority would say that suicide is as bad or close to murder since u r killing. now i believe that no one on this planet understands life or death. so then how can a human take life or death into their own hands? its irrational unless for survival (such as war or to kill an animal for food). so then if it isnt a humans right to take death into their own hands how can they hav the decision to end their own life? i mean ever situation will be different. but to society it will seem irrational, stupid, sad, depressin, etc.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Old Post 10-08-2002 12:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aznkid1008 Click here to Send aznkid1008 a Private Message Find more posts by aznkid1008 Add aznkid1008 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by Jj2

u mean the term 'euthanasia'

it's the same thing.

-Cromwell

Old Post 10-08-2002 09:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladi Jay
OG of JSL

suicide...

mebbe it's just a way to set the pain free... mebbe the person is not feeling selfish... I do not believe that it's a selfish thing at all... it's a way to set their pains free...

and talk of leaving family behind to mourn... most cases are because families just don't care...

people who commit suicide can't think of any other resolutions... there is help out there, buh mebbe they don't want help... they don't want to feel shut in... they believe their lives are bad enough that suicide is the only resolution... there are many possible reasons why they do such things...

we all, who have never had those depressed feelings can sit here and say that we think it's selfish, buh if it happens to us... we see the reality of depression and knowing that nothing else can help us... I say that we shouldn't even say things like that until we know the reality... until we experience what there is behind the feelings of loss, depression...

being in a world like ours today is full of things that will never be solved... some feel the pressure of the world and just want to be set free... there are so many reasons why people do what they do...

this is all I have to say for now... my point is that suicidals (dunno if that's a word) are not being selfish...

Old Post 10-09-2002 01:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladi Jay Click here to Send Ladi Jay a Private Message Find more posts by Ladi Jay Add Ladi Jay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

quote:
Originally posted by Ladi Jay

we all, who have never had those depressed feelings can sit here and say that we think it's selfish, buh if it happens to us... we see the reality of depression and knowing that nothing else can help us... I say that we shouldn't even say things like that until we know the reality... until we experience what there is behind the feelings of loss, depression...

This is besides the point. It doesn't matter if it doesn't feel selfish to the person commiting suicide, suicide is effectually selfish in a way. You take your life, but you hurt those around you, how is that possibly not selfish? You hurt others just becuase "you" couldn't take it. If it's not selfish, give me another word to describe it. Ok, i've been taking some class called theory of knowledge just to let you know where i'm coming from, and i really am starting to realize how much feelings hinder reason. Do you think more clearly in a relaxed setting? of course, everybody does. You'll come ot better answers, and make better decisions. Now why would you possibly suggest that we undergo these feelings in order to better realize why it's not selfish? that's not helping us make it less selfish, it's helping us realize what it's like for the individual. That doesn't affect it AT ALL. Ok, so now we know what it's like (after feeling this depression), still doesn't change a thing. it's still selfish cause you don't just affect yourself. Moreso, a man sometime i forgot who or what he was decided he could not commit suicide (was on the verge of it) because he didn't own his body. He belonged to whatever he was made of, the universe of whatever. I mean, there's another reason why it's selfish. Even if you don't believe that, it's undeniable that it affects other people. Just to end your suffering you are going to make others suffer cause you want it to. That is the epitome of selfishness. I don't see your logic.

quote:

being in a world like ours today is full of things that will never be solved... some feel the pressure of the world and just want to be set free... there are so many reasons why people do what they do...

ok, different reasons don't make the RESULT different. The result is that you are selfish by doing it.

quote:

this is all I have to say for now... my point is that suicidals (dunno if that's a word) are not being selfish...

I think they are. I don't see how you say they are not.

-Cromwell

Old Post 10-09-2002 08:37 PM
TyGer STyLe
no longer a couch jockey

true that... suicide is the most selfish thing you can do... your giving yourself the ulitimate escape while giving all your burdens that you had to others in your life... not only are you doing this... but by commiting suicide... your saying that lifes not worth living despite all the people in my life... they don't give me the hope and strength to get through this... your really saying that their love for you never really helped... what can be more hurtfull then that?

Old Post 10-10-2002 04:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TyGer STyLe Click here to Send TyGer STyLe a Private Message Find more posts by TyGer STyLe Add TyGer STyLe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote