Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Education > School Life > Ib
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
castle outsider

Ib

anyone that took or is currently completing their ib diploma..can you give me and some other people tips on what we should do? i heard ib diploma isnt really worth all the effort and thats why so many people dropped it. i also have to complete 50 cas hours by the end of summer vacation..any ideas on what i could do?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-17-2003 07:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

IB is a good education, no doubt. The worth of the whole diploma program varies from person to person. it does not get you anything unless you go to college in europe or florida, BUT there is something to be said about getting the diploma in its totality. Just bragging rights i guess. Honestly, if i did not do the diploma, i would be bored my senior and junior year, simple as that.

CAS hour suggestions, what category? tutor, play soccer, tennis, do debate, forensics, volunteer at a soup kitchen or something. There are a lot of things you can do.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 07-21-2003 07:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
castle outsider

haha sorry i never really had a chance to say thanks for the advice you gave me. well i guess the news is that most of the people in my class that origianlly signed up to go diploma dropped because of what many other students told them..that colleges dont actually know youve been in the program until after youre accepted. i really wanted to complete the program, thinking that the people who said these things were people who never really tried the program before dropping it. i guess my problem now is the financial stuff for the tests and all. its a bad excuse i know but you know things happen..thanks by the way

Old Post 08-12-2003 04:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for castle outsider Click here to Send castle outsider a Private Message Visit castle outsider's homepage! Find more posts by castle outsider Add castle outsider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PsychoSnowman
Debate Mod

no problem.

I am not sure if every school does this, but our school and another neighboring IB school in town offers to reimburse all charges that were paid for testing if you complete all parts of the ib diploma program. Hope that helps a little. Ask your ib coordinator about it.

Yeah, we get a lot of drop outs as well. In all, it is a good education and a good program. Just know that colleges do not care, and enjoy the education...if you can.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Old Post 08-12-2003 07:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PsychoSnowman Click here to Send PsychoSnowman a Private Message Find more posts by PsychoSnowman Add PsychoSnowman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazydeb8ter
administrator

hmm i've always wanted to apply to Cambridge. They do accept College Board test results, but I suppose it's easier to be accepted with an IB diploma

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Old Post 08-12-2003 10:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Crazydeb8ter Click here to Send Crazydeb8ter a Private Message Find more posts by Crazydeb8ter Add Crazydeb8ter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote