Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 9 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Spiritual Life (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=34)
-- who's the leader? (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12199)

Posted by phil c on 05-14-2003 01:04 PM:

who's the leader?

im apart of a youth group at my church...and it's run by adults...many of my fellow brothers and sisters think that it should be run by the youth and youth councelors...i believe that the youth group can be lead by God alone...and through our brothers be able to work out...i mean adults should be there but juss as moderators...

what do you guyz think?

Posted by kiggaplease on 05-14-2003 07:03 PM:

are the youth responsible enough to lead by themselves?

Posted by phil c on 05-14-2003 10:26 PM:

the youth councelors..whom are also youth are mature enough to lead...

Posted by YaaMaKoh on 05-15-2003 02:24 AM:

the youth group counslers should be the leader, to advice fellow youth group members. but strongly, i think at least 1-2 adults should be a member of the youth group, to help out and teach, like you said, as moderators. the youth group in my church is basically all on its own without any adults cept for the youth pastor and teacher. i think were fine as of now. but the youth pastor and teacher really has nothing to do regarding with the adult worship services and all, since there with us at all times. on special events like easter and christmas the youth group and adults gather at worship and do their "thang." we have no idea what the adults will perform, and they have no idea what we will perform either. kind of a twist at the end, but everyones happy i guess.

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 05-16-2003 04:54 AM:

i agree with you phil c - the adults should be overseers, and not active participants in the discussions. that's my standpoint, because the purpose of having a youth group is to have kids explore their faith on their own and work things out by themselves. of course, if they're not getting anywhere of if they're going in the wrong direction, adults can intervene and help. but for the most part, i think it should be student-run.

Posted by phil c on 05-16-2003 08:32 PM:

agred thx

Posted by Street RSX on 05-20-2003 12:32 AM:

Youth group is for people in our age group to experience our faith together. I mean its cool to have adults in on some stuff, but we have youth group because some of us are uncomfortable in sharing with parents about what we go through. thats why churches are split into age groups. its definitlyy better if its ran by the youth and yoth counselors. the church i go to is.. and i like it alot.

Posted by YaaMaKoh on 05-20-2003 07:52 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Street RSX
Youth group is for people in our age group to experience our faith together. I mean its cool to have adults in on some stuff, but we have youth group because some of us are uncomfortable in sharing with parents about what we go through. thats why churches are split into age groups. its definitlyy better if its ran by the youth and yoth counselors. the church i go to is.. and i like it alot.

i agree... notice that when you go to youth retreats in the summer or winter its totally run by the youth, not necessarily adults, and it runs pretty smoothly too, there are some adults, but the most adults ive seen at a retreat were 4. i like our new generation of style, thats what makes church interesting with youth, sharing ideas and concerns. the adults usually dont take it to serious consideration, therefore making us bashful of asking or wanting from them

Posted by rofflexg on 05-21-2003 10:28 PM:

It depends on how responsible and mature the people are. our youth group is doing fine [most of the time] but there are some times where people get all chaotic... thats when u need the adults. i think it should be run by the youth with a few adults just to organize and settle things. i really have no idea what im talking about