Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 20 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Enlightenment (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=17)
-- meaning of life.. (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=919)

Posted by micron on 04-22-2002 06:54 AM:

meaning of life..

what is it?

Posted by annabanana on 04-22-2002 09:26 AM:

hmmm, the meaning of life.....
to eat, sleep, and crap.

actually, i dunno.

Posted by huby40 on 04-24-2002 04:05 AM:

The meaning of life is to find what the meaning of life is.

Posted by TAIgrr on 04-24-2002 02:22 PM:

meaning of life is to FULLFILL GOD'S DESIRE..which means carry out his WORD

Posted by SoundCtrl on 04-24-2002 02:53 PM:

Computer.

Posted by Akira on 04-24-2002 03:04 PM:

WOO!

Depends which view:

scientific: further the evolution of man.
religious: achieve a higher state here or in after life.
mine: nyah. blah blah blah. nyah.

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 04-26-2002 02:17 PM:

:huh: hu noez? thaz wut philosophers try to find
do philosophs ever go psycho frum thinking too hard about too many things?

Posted by MellowYellow on 04-29-2002 02:06 PM:

live a righteous life so you can go to heaven...... i dunno i always thought the purpose of life was... to go to heaven... like living is one big test on whether you desereve to be in heaven or not..... soundz stupid noh?

Posted by Chil on 04-30-2002 10:59 AM:

most replies have been meaning of life has something to do with god, but what if one doesn't believe in god? then those meanings have no relevance to that person. I think meaning is more than just a religious aspect, there has to be some kinda of self actualization
maslow heirarchy of needs suggests that the final need is self actualization.
how to achieve it, i have no idea.
i think buddha did? *shrugs*
according to my buddhist friends, he achieved enlightenment.
so many people follow his lifestyle to achieve the same.
religion serves as a purpose to guide people, but i think it also blinds them to believe one particular way, having all questions answered for them, and leaving no room for further studying or questioning.
hmm.....

Posted by aznkid1008 on 04-30-2002 12:05 PM:

meaning of life hmmm. to me i find life as a long long teacher that just keeps teaching u. even when u r old life finds new things for u to learn. life teaches u till ur death and even that is a leason. so life is one long annoyin leason.

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 04-30-2002 01:32 PM:

man, jusun haha . Theres a topic like this all ready, called "Teleological Ontology." No big deal though. Anyway, that thread has atheist viewpoints on the topic Chil. So enjoy.

Posted by MellowYellow on 04-30-2002 08:03 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
meaning of life hmmm. to me i find life as a long long teacher that just keeps teaching u. even when u r old life finds new things for u to learn. life teaches u till ur death and even that is a leason. so life is one long annoyin leason.

yea where the final exam comes BEFORE the lesson..... okay haha that didn't make sense... but it does in my head sooooo

Posted by Zero-Sen on 05-01-2002 11:32 AM:

Life is for the purpose of spreading your seed and securing a place in Heaven through faith. This is my view. Atheists would not find much to live for except life itself.

Posted by Yii on 05-02-2002 05:10 AM:

Life has no meaning. All what we do (eating, working...) is only to go through the life but it's not the meaning. Our meaning of life is the same like the animal's. But they don't think about why they life, they do it. So life has no meaning.
And only when someone can tell me the real life meaning I'll leave my opinion...

Posted by volcom strider on 05-03-2002 02:11 AM:

life is an un-explainable everything and nothing. nothing; such thing does exist, but not necessarily meant to be there. for example, colors; black contains all the colors of the prism, but white contains none of the colors. when the world broke through the color barrier, many people at that time had to distinguished what is what, who is who. life is nothing and at the same time, life is everything. the people you care about and what you experienced, those things mean every bit to your living. on the other-hand, you sometimes can not change the small things that you can not control, so those are meant to be nothing at times. take for example 9/11, horrific tragedy; as people throughout states and the world watched, they could not do one thing that can do everything. that day will be infamous in history for time to come. now it is nothing to some, everything to others. it's just depends who that person is and what he/she is about.

Posted by zerobde on 05-03-2002 03:56 PM:

the meaning of life is what you give meaning to with your life. life means something different to everyone.

:)

Posted by Ladi Jay on 05-04-2002 07:26 AM:

LIVE IT TO THE FULLEST

Posted by Yii on 05-04-2002 11:39 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by volcom strider
[B]life is an un-explainable everything and nothing. nothing; such thing does exist, but not necessarily meant to be there. for example, colors; black contains all the colors of the prism, but white contains none of the colors.

Well the color white contains all the light colours, didn't you know? But for me this isn't an example for meaning of life.

Posted by volcom strider on 05-04-2002 04:44 PM:

if white contain light colors, then it isnt pure white. white doesnt contain pigments. light colors contains pigments which slightly darken the color; making white, not truly white.

Posted by Yii on 05-05-2002 03:32 AM:

This is physic and it's true. I learned this in school. Sun light is white, too. And when it rains and sun is shining you see a rainbow. That's coz the sun light is broken from the rain drops. So you can see all the colours which this white light contains.