Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 4 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Enlightenment (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=17)
-- the past (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2837)

Posted by CiviC_BayBi on 06-30-2002 11:40 AM:

the past

Remembering.....Remanicing....... Reflecting......why do we marvel at our past..?

We love to look at records, photos, words written, familliar emotions, and healed wounds....why do we like to remind ourselves of our bygone mentalities of ignorance and untamed spirits?.....

scenarios are often re-played in our minds..of those special moments our memory has chosen to store...those of our first kiss, our first slumber party, the first time we drank and drank until we couldn't see...or speak...have no one understand you..but yourself,Others...well, the first time you felt completely absorbed by another person, yet it was pain and the question of 'How could you do this to me?...', or how about that look of dissapointment in your parents eyes, or for maybe some of us, dark nights where we caused ourselves to bleed, and blood and tears both fell together in puddles at your knees...

could this be the reason why we often look back is to teach us lessons, we might have forgotten to learn..... Or lessons that could not be learnt until now....?

It's reality, fuck it , it's everything but me...

Posted by LuvSunghoonie on 07-02-2002 03:32 PM:

WOW, thats deep.. hmm to answer ur quetion tho.. wha u said makes a lot of sense.. PPL look back on the past to learn forgotten lessons, lessons that were taught through pain, lost, love, hate, and even happiness..

Hmm I would look back on my past to see what've I done wrong in the past..to correct my present mistakes or when I'm sad.. to dig on my happy memories to help me cope....
So really memories from the past help you alot.. not just lessons in life, but also helps u heal.. cope.. and understand reality.

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 07-03-2002 08:15 AM:

y do we look bak on our past? bcuz memories are wut make a person. if a person suddently experiences amnesia, they're basically not really a person bcuz they've forgotten EVERYTHING and dun even noe hu they are nemore...at least thaz the way i think of it.

i like looking at the past for memories - the good, the bad, painful, and meaningful. we can learn from our mistakes and appreciate things in life from wut othrs hav done for us.

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 07-05-2002 07:39 AM:

i haven't read any of the replies, so if i repeat thats why. I'm just gonna list reasons why we look back into the past:

1)nothing better to do.
2)boredom
3)learn from them
4)figure things out
5)to overcome something
6)abstain from repeating what we've done (i.e. variety)
7)it's fun
8)why not?
9)everyone else does (hahah)
10)it's natural to
11)we have memories...so we look back on them
12)look back to further validate what we have become
13)to provide rationality
14)if we miss something, we'll try and reaquaint through memories temporarily
15)Look back and see how you've grown

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell