Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 13 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Enlightenment (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=17)
-- a world with no $$ (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2230)

Posted by huby40 on 05-30-2002 09:16 PM:

a world with no $$

what if there was no money in the world? none whatsoever, money doesn't even exist.

what would you think would happen?

Posted by kRypTic_nABi on 05-30-2002 10:12 PM:

i think dere would be more peace....its kinda hard to imagine a world without money considering money is sOo damn powerful~

Posted by MellowYellow on 05-31-2002 12:25 AM:

i guess with out money we'd all be bartering.....

money in the US. for every like dollar there is gold at that federal reserve place? and TECHNICALLY... you could go cash it in.... TECHNICALLY.... i guess that's how things used to be... but guess my point is... money just makes things easier.... and complicated at the same time.... now days..... the frequently used type of money is..... "invisible money" or credit cards...yay... CHARGE IT~~

but without money? i think there'd still be people who were corrupt and wanted power...... just because the world doesn't have "money" to be greedy for (?) doesn't mean that there isn't the basic materialistic greed.

would social classes still be the same? i mean isn't THAT ranked by how much money you have? hmmmmmmmm~

Posted by neXt on 05-31-2002 12:44 AM:

i agree with mellowyellow.. thered still be greed, corruption etc. roaming around. Even with a barter system there would still be classes and such... I guess as long as there is such a thing as personal property then we can still distinguish rich and poor. Maybe the only way to abolish this is if everything was communal.. a la Marx.

Posted by MellowYellow on 05-31-2002 12:58 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by neXt
i agree with mellowyellow.. thered still be greed, corruption etc. roaming around. Even with a barter system there would still be classes and such... I guess as long as there is such a thing as personal property then we can still distinguish rich and poor. Maybe the only way to abolish this is if everything was communal.. a la Marx.

aish.... communism is scary to me...i mean good in theory bad in practice....

but maybe....ppl can all just be veggies.... that'll work.....

Posted by neXt on 05-31-2002 01:08 AM:

yeah ppl need to MELLOW out
what if the hippie generation never died? damn imagine what wed be like today.. kinda scayr actually haha

Posted by aznkid1008 on 05-31-2002 01:14 AM:

i think human kind will go back before there was any type of currency or money and just bargain for items but even an item can become a type of currency like gold, silver, and so on.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Posted by tm11 on 05-31-2002 02:27 AM:

money would show up... eventually.. our world didn't always have money...

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 05-31-2002 02:40 AM:

yeah, money would show up in some form. Bartering would be more prevalent then because i really see no way money wouldn't naturally not come about with civilization. We'd be very poor i think as well (i.e. not as technologically advanced etc.). The only way it wouldn't come is if we abstained from creating money in which i really don't know how we'd go about our every day lives...grow food for ourselves, everyone? Even so, people would still exchange things and thats a form of money. It's really hard not for there to be a breach.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Posted by volcom strider on 05-31-2002 05:18 AM:

dont confuse communism with money. money is an object and communism is a belief. a world w/o money doesnt necessarily means markets will go away. you have to think about things beyond the monetary unit. even w/o money there still would be a struggle of power between the peoples trying to obtain absolution. my point; humanity is like sin-plague'd disease. we gotta have something. even w/o money, we still need something that pleasure our needs. as for pacifism, that will never be attain as long as the stronger remains strong to oppress the weak and their beliefs.

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 05-31-2002 05:23 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by MellowYellow
money in the US. for every like dollar there is gold at that federal reserve place?

hm...i thought the US was taken off the gold-standard after the Great Depression

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by MellowYellow on 06-01-2002 07:19 AM:

okay read the next couple of sentecenes victor

and TECHNICALLY... you could go cash it in.... TECHNICALLY.... i guess that's how things used to be

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 06-02-2002 12:20 AM:

hahah damn dude....i was just throwing a tidbit of trivia in there man...chillllllllllll

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)