Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 9 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Friends and Family (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=21)
-- I'm worried (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=15548)

Posted by dreaming_of_you on 03-07-2004 02:45 AM:

Unhappy I'm worried

I'm so worried about my girl....she is one of my best friends and i'm scared she's anorexic. She is only about 90 pounds and she's super skinny...She complains she's to fat and needs to go on a diet.. The most i've ever seen her eat was two tiny slices of pizza and with that she drank Coke. She claims that she eats at home but i dunno. What do u think? U think she's anorexic? If you do..then what should i say or to to help her

Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly

Posted by AZN Pinoy BOI on 03-07-2004 03:35 AM:

tell a grown up like ur parents or someone about her problem because u never know if she does or not

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 03-07-2004 08:11 PM:

She probably is.

How long have you been around her for her eating two slices of pizza? Like, what is the time period, months, weeks, or...? She knows you love her the way she is right now, so any sway you have without any sort of threat will probably not do anything. Like, if you tell her you do not like it, what she does, she may take that in and feel badly about it but she most likely will not do anything about it because she knows that you are there anyway, and she can live with your disapproval. But, can she live with you leaving her? threaten, and follow through. Tell her parents i suppose, anything that would be a big threat to her. Something that would give her the motivation to go against what she wants for herself and make her stop.

Unless talks are frequent, the possibility of her trying to stop might leave her mind. Do not let her forget it, do not let her block it out of her mind.

She probably knows what the risks are of it. Scaring her with effects of anything like that would probably not do anything. It might though. I am just saying, coming up to her being the makeshift doctor with a list of horrible consequences that could incur may not do anything, and maybe annoying to her. She could possibly not even care about the consequences.

If you are scared of confrontation, i think you are in a fix. Telling her parents on the notion of speculation might be bad. You need to be sure, and if you cannot confront her, find someone who can.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Posted by Alchemist on 03-09-2004 01:52 AM:

Well it's better to tell her parents and find out she isn't than to not tell her parents and something bad happens to her.

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 03-09-2004 07:11 AM:

Yes, good point. I agree.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Posted by ajy on 03-09-2004 11:34 PM:

a good way to tell if shes anorexic is to wave hamburgers in her face and scream "eat it"

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 03-10-2004 01:00 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by ajy
a good way to tell if shes anorexic is to wave hamburgers in her face and scream "eat it"

lol

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by princesszinza on 03-10-2004 08:17 PM:

if she's super skinny and doesn't eat at home, dontcha think her parents have noticed?

pizza & a coke doesn't sound like an anorexic's lunch....now if she had 2 rice cakes & a diet coke, or salad w/out dressing and tea.........

Posted by Alchemist on 03-16-2004 12:26 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by princesszinza
if she's super skinny and doesn't eat at home, dontcha think her parents have noticed?

pizza & a coke doesn't sound like an anorexic's lunch....now if she had 2 rice cakes & a diet coke, or salad w/out dressing and tea.........

It happens, sometimes parents don't pay much attention to their kids.