Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 12 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Enlightenment (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=17)
-- how do you live your life (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=950)

Posted by tm11 on 04-22-2002 11:47 PM:

how do you live your life

liberally
or
conservatively

IE

"life is short, and we won't be here long, so we might as well make the best of it"
or

"life is something that is to be appreciated and developed, not whittled away on transient things"

perhaps thats not the best wording, but I think you get the idea.

Posted by shoujo on 04-23-2002 02:05 AM:

i think i agree wif the 1st one, which is liberally..hehe
just follow where the water flows enjoy your life, or you'll regret it later (weh? i think i'm confusing myself)

Posted by huby40 on 04-24-2002 04:07 AM:

errr.... i think there should be more choices then 2.

I just take whatever comes at me, and seize whatever I see as oppurtunity.

Posted by Akira on 04-24-2002 10:15 AM:

Number one. No point of dying without a bang. KAMIKAZI!

Posted by tm11 on 04-29-2002 11:19 AM:

yeah, there should have been more choices, because i don't think i fall into either category either. I think i've found a synergistic way to live, haha.

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 04-29-2002 11:49 AM:

Here's a custom way to live:

"don't mold yourself into someone you don't want to in order to please other people you really don't care about or know. Don't concern yourself with feeble ideals of other people when you like doing what you are doing right now. Don't think what other people think just because you want to be in the norm. Don't spend all your time worrying about fitting in, because you won't fit in...people just just get used to you and then you are considered to be in the norm. In short, trying to fit in is futile, you will in time (if thats what you really want). Make goals in life, and fulfill them. Procrastinate and have fun exactly where you are. Don't act like you are better than anyone else. Be patient, and live patiently. Complain only if you deserve to, if ever. Always be yourself, why would you want to be someone else? Acquire as much as you can as fast as you can (if you want). Live life to the fullest, and appreciate what you have."

I'll think of more and post it maybe

Posted by MellowYellow on 04-29-2002 02:03 PM:

hmmm.... i dunno which one but uhm... i'd want to live life so i have no regrets.... whether i do outstanding things or absolutely nothing at all... uhmmm..... does that make sense?

Posted by Chil on 04-30-2002 11:01 AM:

probably liberal
with a tinge conservative.
i think mellow yellow has right idea
shouldn't go through life and at the end have many regrets
go through life doing as much as possible
no regrets in the end.
keep it real!

Posted by krnxswat on 05-01-2002 12:35 PM:

"Live Your Life Today As If You Knew Christ was Coming Back Tomorrow."

Posted by Zero-Sen on 05-01-2002 12:44 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by krnxswat

Nice quote. Gotta use that one some time. :satisfy:

Posted by MellowYellow on 05-01-2002 06:06 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by krnxswat

oh whoa....... good quote... yes that's how i WANT to live my life. but i don't think i'm exactly doing it

i think as of right now.... i'm just going... day by day...... taking things as they come... not worrying TOO far ahead into the future or worrying TOO much ABOUT the future. i'm not really thinking tho. i think right now i'm just living for the sake of living.. because i have no other option (okay death is not an option for me)

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 05-01-2002 08:09 PM:

conservative

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)