Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 18 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Spiritual Life (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=34)
-- praying in school. (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2616)

Posted by micron on 06-21-2002 02:58 AM:

praying in school.

once in a while, i see someone praying in school before they eat. whenever i see these people, i feel this tingling in my heart... and an outermost admiration that i dont have for anyone else. its because they arent ashamed of their God.

do you pray in school? or should i rephrase, do you have the guts to pray in school? its hard to be different.

Posted by krnxswat on 06-21-2002 03:13 AM:

Re: praying in school.

quote:
Originally posted by jusunlee

do you pray in school? or should i rephrase, do you have the guts to pray in school? its hard to be different.

to tell u the truth, i really dont pray in school. heh i guess im just scared that people are going to point fingers and laugh at me. and lack of faith i guess.

Posted by huby40 on 06-21-2002 06:52 PM:

most people pray before their they eat to thank God for their meal.

I, however, have some serious complaints....

Posted by bigChubuff on 06-21-2002 08:06 PM:

quote:
once in a while, i see someone praying in school before they eat. whenever i see these people, i feel this tingling in my heart... and an outermost admiration that i dont have for anyone else. its because they arent ashamed of their God.

mann i kno exactly what u are talkin about...

i pray wit my eyes open

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 06-21-2002 09:06 PM:

its ignorants who find religon funny that make it hard for people to be able to fully express their beliefs and appreciation to god.

peer pressure sucks man.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by TAIgrr on 06-21-2002 09:14 PM:

o..
yea i see this one american junior praying before she eats..

i feel guilty but.. yea, crazydebater's right.. peer pressure sucks... :huh:

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 06-23-2002 12:22 AM:

of course i pray b4 i eat - anywhere. at skool, at a restaurant, at a frend's house, duzn't matter. do pplz give u guys pressure bcuz u do? thaz just wrong...they shud learn to respect othr pplz's religions. well...i alwaize thot everyone did that...

Posted by micron on 06-23-2002 03:09 AM:

peer pressure sucks? maybe so.
but whats sad is the fact that those who yield due to peer pressuere do so because they are ashamed of their very own God. and then they call themselves Christians. how so?

mark 8:38
if anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels.

Posted by TAIgrr on 06-23-2002 08:25 AM:

hm.. o. .... hm.. never thought about that :huh:
dang, whys it so HARD tho??? ...

why.t.f did eve swallow, and make adam swallow the frqn piece of dirty apple!?!?!?!?!?

......... *sigh* :huh:

Posted by shoujo on 06-23-2002 12:43 PM:

u know, i don't pray before i eat i just make the cross sign..
and, sometimes i do the cross sign before i eat in school. sometimes i forget doing that tho.

Posted by annabanana on 07-27-2002 11:11 PM:

sometimes i will pray before I eat lunch at skoo', but i don't really like attracting attention to myself, so when I'm walking on the way to lunch I will usually say my own little prayer.

Posted by junjinluber33 on 07-28-2002 08:13 AM:

i gotta admit. the only time i pray before eating or in public is when im with church people. when i eat, i just dig in, its not really a habit for me to pray before i eat unless i see my friend doing it. it reminds me n so i pray too

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Posted by krnxswat on 07-28-2002 08:17 AM:

i pray at skool before a test. :satisfy:

Posted by tea on 07-28-2002 08:29 AM:

my friends do it all the time...why should anyone be ashamed in what they believe in

Posted by Alchemist on 07-29-2002 07:17 PM:

My friend says that the school food isn't real.

Posted by J-DraGoNz on 07-30-2002 12:36 PM:

quote:

its not taht i mind or even care what other people think or wat ma friendz think....its jus dat....i forget :omg:

i kno...pretty lame...i try to remember

http://www.mcjdragonz.com

http://www.dynamicvocalz.tk

http://www.streetmaderecordz.tk

Posted by ajy on 08-08-2002 05:05 AM:

i sit with people who smoke pot and dont believe in god. so that would be really hard for me to do that.

Posted by TyGer STyLe on 08-08-2002 09:20 AM:

HmM... well i pray before i eat... thats anywhere, but it took me a while to build up the habbit, well i shouldn't look at praying as a habbit, but its a start... i really dun't have any pressure from friends, maybe cuz there all christians themselves... i see praying at school as a way to inspire other people you know?