Jusunlee.com Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 28 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Enlightenment (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=17)
-- Too Quiet (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11451)

Posted by merc on 03-22-2003 03:51 AM:

Too Quiet

For those of you following the war with Iraq, have you noticed the lack of activity or resistance from the Iraqis? It's almost like that cliche quote that have littered horror, and suspense flicks in the past: "It's almost too quiet".

All these rumors about Saddam being killed after the first wave of attacks. Something inside me says a man who has survived and evaded 24 assassination and coup attempts will not go down this easily.

too quiet in my opinion.

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 03-22-2003 04:31 AM:

if the US came after my country (pretending i'm not american for a second)...i wouldn't try and resist, it would seem rather bootless.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Posted by eddiee on 03-22-2003 04:56 AM:

yea if you resisted

u.s. will prob just send a few more nukes like they did to japan because their soldiers can do the job

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 03-22-2003 08:55 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by LiLbLuEaZnBoY
yea if you resisted

u.s. will prob just send a few more nukes like they did to japan because their soldiers can do the job

uh no. The US will not send down nukes.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU on 03-22-2003 09:11 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
uh no. The US will not send down nukes.

i dunno bout that.. george W is the biggest fucken idiot in the world.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Posted by requiem on 03-22-2003 04:04 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU

Even if that were true, which it's not, W. has some smart advisors who would stop him.

Posted by AZN Pinoy BOI on 03-22-2003 04:13 PM:

quote:

yeah i think he is stupid but smart enough to know that us using nukes makes a gate for iraq to use nukes, or other terrorist countries.

hmm... yeah they are pretty quiet but oh well

Saddam is probably alive, there are soooo many look alikes of him to get it easily mixed up

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 03-22-2003 08:32 PM:

not to insult anyone cause i'm not, but if people on jsl can figure it out then President Bush can figure out that using nuclear weapons is a big risk, everyone knows. Give credit where credit is due, don't just echo what you hear on mtvnews or whatever it is you are watching/reading.

i agree with victor, no we aren't going to send in nukes, that'd just be unnecessary.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Posted by niggoreanboi on 03-24-2003 05:26 AM:

i heard that iraqis have american prisoners the new cut off all my fav shows >.<

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 03-24-2003 07:41 AM:

quote:
george W is the biggest fucken idiot in the world.

while that is indeed true, dubya also is aware that he does need to maintain some level of foreign approval. His PR with just about everyone is bad enough as is- to send down a nuclear weapon would incur the wrath of both our allies and our non-supporters and thereby would be commiting complete political suicide. That's a feat even beyond our grand president- though i'll readily admit he's been skating pretty damn close to the metaphorical crack.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by Klumzy on 03-24-2003 08:32 PM:

all you guys who think bush is a idiot are in the minortiy... just cuz u think he's a idiot, doesn't make him one

http://msnbc.com/news/889855.asp

funny eh?? 2/3 of americans support a "idiot"

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 03-24-2003 11:27 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Klumzy
all you guys who think bush is a idiot are in the minortiy... just cuz u think he's a idiot, doesn't make him one

funny eh?? 2/3 of americans support a "idiot"

wow and let's take a look at this, your argument falls into the fallacy of appeal to popular opinion and therefore holds no value.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by Klumzy on 03-25-2003 11:08 AM:

the majority is always right

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 03-25-2003 03:34 PM:

quote:
the majority is always right

let's take a few historical examples

Nazi Germany was supported by majority favor.
Back in the middle ages, the majority thought that the earth was flat
Before the Scientific Revolution, many believed that blood swished around the body like water in a bag- they also believed that the earth was orbited by the sun. Not to mention that they hypothesized that the orbit route was shaped like a curly-queue, circling back upon itself and overlapping.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by Klumzy on 03-25-2003 06:06 PM:

bleh, i retract my statement

Posted by Klumzy on 03-25-2003 06:09 PM:

the majority is right about bush tho, he is doing a good job

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 03-25-2003 11:45 PM:

quote:

and are you going to provide some examples to support your claim?

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by aznkid1008 on 03-26-2003 12:23 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
not to insult anyone cause i'm not, but if people on jsl can figure it out then President Bush can figure out that using nuclear weapons is a big risk, everyone knows. Give credit where credit is due, don't just echo what you hear on mtvnews or whatever it is you are watching/reading.

i agree with victor, no we aren't going to send in nukes, that'd just be unnecessary.

exactly because we got the MOTHER OF ALL BOMBS as our new toy. i mean usin the nuke rite now would be playin an old ass game that u beat twice while the MOAB is like a brand new game u r itchin 2 use.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Posted by aznkid1008 on 03-26-2003 12:25 AM:

quote:

excuse me?!!?!?!? hav u been blind or just sleepin for the past few weeks....i dunno thousands of protesters and i believe the news channels hav been makin polls. and i believe they all said around the area of more then half the country is against bush.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 03-26-2003 12:41 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
excuse me?!!?!?!? hav u been blind or just sleepin for the past few weeks....i dunno thousands of protesters and i believe the news channels hav been makin polls. and i believe they all said around the area of more then half the country is against bush.

quote:

King Lear (V.3.300-304)