Jusunlee.com Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 38 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Love and Dating (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=22)
-- Is there such a thing as "The One"? (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11903)

Posted by WhiteLee on 04-23-2003 01:34 AM:

Question Is there such a thing as "The One"?

I bought the very first issue of Audrey magazine today (great stuff btw. I highly recommend it) and an article that debated whether or not "The One" existed was rather interesting. I'll get back on and type it up later. But please ponder this while you wait, Is there really such a thing as "The One"?

"Before and After" Ayumi Hamasaki

Posted by merdawg on 04-23-2003 02:08 AM:

yea, the one u end up marrying

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Posted by niggoreanboi on 04-29-2003 05:22 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by merdawg

what about people who don't get married or devorce alot i don't believe there is "the one"

Posted by hip hOp Yu Ja on 05-04-2003 06:43 AM:

there is! becuz i met myne!

"Me I'm into being like #1 Korean, I represent the Seoul and every yellow human being" ... DT...

Posted by on 05-04-2003 04:15 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by hip hOp Yu Ja

no you didn't.

Posted by †ìÿgü on 05-05-2003 04:25 PM:

Nope

This is just a concept invented by Hollywood. Truthfully it doesn't take too much for two people to hook up, they just gotta wanna work on their relationship.

Posted by princesszinza on 05-05-2003 08:43 PM:

If there was only ONE no one would marry cuz statistically it would be impossible for anyone to meet their one and only. People delude themselves about many things just to get by in this messed up world and true love with my perfect soulmate is one of these delusions. I buy into all this romance crap myself cuz it's just more fun then not believing kind of like the whole eternal life after you die thing.

Posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 on 05-05-2003 09:20 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by merdawg
you learned that from somewhere. if you really believe that, well its wrong. women are forced into mariage to get financial support and/or becuase of pregnancy in many cases. i think that many times you end up thinking youre with 'the one' but theres a really small chance that you really are.

Posted by psyTeK ver. 2.0 on 05-06-2003 02:20 AM:

face the facts people.
the "one" isn't someone you meet with your eyes, it's someone you create with your heart.

Posted by marvinOPPA on 05-06-2003 05:46 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by hip hOp Yu Ja
we'll see wat you say in a year

Posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 on 05-06-2003 03:15 PM:

the one is an ill ass movie. jet li was all killin mad niggaz.

Posted by Ladi Jay on 05-06-2003 07:22 PM:

perhaps it's all in what some one believes? I mean, I think that some people find their "one" and some people don't... and there are people who find many "ones". I guess what I mean is, it's all in what people think it to be. some people find romance to be all fun while others take it seriously... doesn't that play a factor in what "the one" is?

so, is there such a thing as "The One"... correct me if i'm wrong, but I think, Yes, we are all "the one" for at least one person in the world... Sometimes, they find you, and some times they don't.

Posted by †ìÿgü on 05-06-2003 09:01 PM:

Yeah there is

His names Neo, you can see him on 05.15. He's the only one who can save us all.

Posted by GinaDaQueen on 05-06-2003 11:17 PM:

Re: Nope

quote:
Originally posted by †ìÿgü
This is just a concept invented by Hollywood. Truthfully it doesn't take too much for two people to hook up, they just gotta wanna work on their relationship.

yeah, i agree..... love is about working relationships out, not finding the perfect man/woman because there is no such thing... work is what makes love successful

Posted by †ìÿgü on 05-08-2003 09:06 AM:

Yuupppp

There's a book I'm reading 'Ultimate Power' by Anthony Robbins and he says 'We can create any feeling we want in ourselves at any time...' so if we want to feel love, we can make it happen, but its not gonna materialize out of thin air.

Love's just a state of being. Hell, I fall in love every day of the week.

Posted by YaaMaKoh on 10-23-2003 07:38 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts people.
the "one" isn't someone you meet with your eyes, it's someone you create with your heart.

amen to that.
if their heart speaks to urs...and ur heart replies back in a way that both of you understand... its meaning is true.
i dont know, in my opinion its what ignorance that makes the tension stronger... and later on its gonna smack you across the face, realizing its true.
i believe it exists.

Posted by GDandYBsOneLove on 10-23-2003 08:31 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by YaaMaKoh
amen to that.
if their heart speaks to urs...and ur heart replies back in a way that both of you understand... its meaning is true.
i dont know, in my opinion its what ignorance that makes the tension stronger... and later on its gonna smack you across the face, realizing its true.
i believe it exists.

aw that sounded so nice...but im hopeful that there will be someone that can be the "one" someday hehe

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 10-23-2003 11:16 PM:

if the one means there is one person that is somehow right for you in teh world only, then sure for people there could very possibly be a one person for them, there is no entity above us that would be able to validate that so it is up to you. For others there are many, and for some there are none. This is a bad question. If i said for everyone there is one right person then i would be effectually saying i believe in some higher force that dictates life, fate, etc. and that is not the case.

I think this question effectually is asking do you believe in fate, or destiny.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Posted by castle outsider on 10-24-2003 12:55 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman
if the one means there is one person that is somehow right for you in teh world only, then sure for people there could very possibly be a one person for them, there is no entity above us that would be able to validate that so it is up to you. For others there are many, and for some there are none. This is a bad question. If i said for everyone there is one right person then i would be effectually saying i believe in some higher force that dictates life, fate, etc. and that is not the case.

I think this question effectually is asking do you believe in fate, or destiny.

woah..nice connection there

and as for the question, no i dont believe in the existence of the one

Posted by MellowYellow on 10-24-2003 04:12 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by psyTeK ver. 2.0
face the facts people.

how romantic... in the "face the facts" way.

I don't have an answer for that question. Either way the outcome sucks. Justification? So let's say there is such a thing called "the one". You'll never be happy because you'll always wonder if the person you are with IS "the one". If there isn't such a thing as "the one" you'll feel hopeless.... everyone partner is essentially wrong for you in some way right? since there isn't one person that you're just meant to be with.... what you're doing isn't searching for your partner.... you're just wandering around... lost... hoping you'll end up with someone decent.

So I think either way it sucks... that's why i like psytek's answer so much.