Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 8 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Debate (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=19)
-- microsoft buying companies (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11749)

Posted by kryogenix on 04-10-2003 07:52 PM:

microsoft buying companies

i was wondering, where do you get more pride and respect, from starting a competing company against microsoft, or selling a company to microsoft and getting $100 million.

Posted by micron on 04-13-2003 11:13 AM:

Re: microsoft buying companies

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
i was wondering, where do you get more pride and respect, from starting a competing company against microsoft, or selling a company to microsoft and getting $100 million.
so far in ms history, no one ever successfully withstood against microsoft. to name a few what comes to mind, microsoft killed off netscape (navigator) by introducing ie integrated with windows, borland (cpp builder) by recruiting all their top talent until they became nothing but a hallow shell, and is in the verge of killing off real (realplayer) with the integration of wmplayer into windows. not to mention all the countless small companies it swallowed up to get to where it is. it would mean corporate death to head against microsoft, and in this day and age where there is no meaning in honor, it would be wiser to sell out whlie microsoft is still interested. otherwise, microsoft will simply proceed to forcefully overtake, and youll end up with your company in the verge of bankrupcy wondering where it all went wrong. just ask marc andreessen, founder of netscape, which at one time was one of hte most promising internet companies, domincating over 90% of the browser market. where are they now?

it would be a wiser business decision to sell out (the future of your company will be garanteed, even though itll be a subsidiary of microsoft), respectable (youll be saving countless of jobs by having your company stay alive), and prideful (afterall, youll be an employee of one of the oldest and the most successful software company in the world). so yes, i would take the $100m.

Posted by Alchemist on 04-14-2003 03:12 AM:

Well Microsoft's not gonna take over my ice cream truck business.

Posted by requiem on 04-17-2003 04:12 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist

Unless they're hungry.

Posted by kryogenix on 04-25-2003 07:45 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist

or your tennis academy.
still wating for more feedback...

Posted by Alchemist on 04-28-2003 05:04 AM:

Re: microsoft buying companies

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix

I think you should do what will get you pride and respect from yourself.

Posted by ajy on 04-28-2003 03:15 PM:

jusun makes a good point. also besides real player and netscape, look at quicktime.

Posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 on 04-28-2003 03:37 PM:

werent they interested in buying google too