Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 17 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Debate (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=19)
-- Which should we get rid of first? (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12209)

Posted by kryogenix on 05-15-2003 07:55 PM:

Which should we get rid of first?

Which virus is more important to get rid of? SARS or AIDS? Take your pick. I believe you have less of a survival chance with AIDS, but SARS can be transferred easily.

Posted by HM03 on 05-15-2003 08:06 PM:

hmmm.... i say sars cause its from asia

Posted by Alchemist on 05-16-2003 12:14 AM:

SARS can be transferred through breathing, AIDS can't be.

Posted by eddiee on 05-16-2003 12:16 AM:

sars is more deadly at the moment and passes a lot faster and easier then aids

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 05-16-2003 01:07 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by LiLbLuEaZnBoY
sars is more deadly at the moment and passes a lot faster and easier then aids

while I do agree that we should concentrate on SARS at the moment as a result of its essentially uncontrollable means of infection, I disagree with your statement eddie. The impact of AIDs is far greater than SARS on any given day and has been present for a long time- it's estimated that there's over 8,000 deaths everyday due to AIDs.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by eddiee on 05-16-2003 01:25 AM:

yea true but sars started recently ..if sars has been around the same time as aids has...everyone in the world would probably be dead

Posted by AZN Pinoy BOI on 05-16-2003 01:43 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by HM03
hmmm.... i say sars cause its from asia

wutz that saposta mean?... thats just like saying AIDS cuz it came from a monkey... thats not a clear reason why we should be more concered about it

i would say SARS.. cuz we know alot about AIDS and know how to stay away from it... SARS is new and we don't know much compared to most other diseases though... You can live longer with AIDS then SARS, there r many who lived for 20 years and over with AIDS, SARS is less...

i really don't know da updates of SARS and everything but i think we should stick to it more than AIDS

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Posted by AZN Pinoy BOI on 05-16-2003 01:46 AM:

quote:
yea true but sars started recently ..if sars has been around the same time as aids has...everyone in the world would probably be dead

disagree wid u... think we would find a cure/treatment or atleast something to slow it down just like stuff we have for AIDS

but if it had the same effect all through the time as it has now... we probably would

wana chat?

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 05-16-2003 04:14 AM:

quote:

no, the mortality rate of SARS is actually quite low

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by kiggaplease on 05-16-2003 04:39 AM:

seriously, aids rapes the human population way harder than sars does, particularly because the mortality rate for aids is extremely high, and it spreads through SEX

Posted by kryogenix on 05-16-2003 07:36 PM:

cool, i got a debate started

quote:
Originally posted by AZN Pinoy BOI
wutz that saposta mean?... thats just like saying AIDS cuz it came from a monkey... thats not a clear reason why we should be more concered about it

lol, i think he was joking
quote:

i would say SARS.. cuz we know alot about AIDS and know how to stay away from it... SARS is new and we don't know much compared to most other diseases though... You can live longer with AIDS then SARS, there r many who lived for 20 years and over with AIDS, SARS is less...

i agree that we should be more concerned with SARS than AIDS, but we know little about AIDS. AIDS continues to adapt and mutate. so what we know may not apply to the new generation of AIDS.

Posted by kryogenix on 05-16-2003 07:37 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by bckp
seriously, aids rapes the human population way harder than sars does, particularly because the mortality rate for aids is extremely high, and it spreads through SEX

i think we breath on people more often than have sex with people.

Posted by kiggaplease on 05-18-2003 12:19 AM:

that's debatable

Posted by AZN Pinoy BOI on 05-18-2003 02:08 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by bckp
that's debatable

hahahaha

wana chat?

Posted by Alchemist on 05-19-2003 01:29 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
cool, i got a debate started

AIDS continues to adapt and mutate. so what we know may not apply to the new generation of AIDS.

I thought SARS did as well.

Posted by aznkid1008 on 05-19-2003 02:00 AM:

well AIDS has been around alot longer then SARS so u cant measure by how many people died from it....

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Posted by MaGiKToToRo on 06-09-2003 03:19 AM:

Re: Which should we get rid of first?

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
Which virus is more important to get rid of? SARS or AIDS? Take your pick. I believe you have less of a survival chance with AIDS, but SARS can be transferred easily.

I think it depends on the person.... one could be afraid of AIDS while the other even more afraid of SARS. Personally...... im afraid of both, and want them both to be eliminated. The scary part is there is no cure for any of them

Hate less, love more;
And all good things are yours."

-Sweedish Proverb

aim: MaGiKToToRo
xanga: MaGiKToToRo