Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 12 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Cars (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=29)
-- [spied]BMW E60 M5 (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12430)

Posted by sangxjin on 05-30-2003 02:21 AM:

Thumbs up [spied]BMW E60 M5

changes
-the black tape is thickened on the sides in front of the doors. this could possibly indicate the side "m-vents" will be on the new m5.
-the massive front and back cross drilled rotors.
-the wheels look like 20's
-quite possibly a v10, huge brakes often indicate lots of horsepower. =)

imo
the e39 M5 looks better than the e60 m5. If you notice the e46 m3 in the background, the e60 looks only slighty longer. im not sure what's going on.

ill keep you posted with more pictures and info

Props To Huby

Posted by sangxjin on 05-30-2003 02:24 AM:

Lightbulb

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT it was safe to rip the 5 Series, our spy shooter captured the fourth-generation M5.

Flared-out wheel arches, beefed-up door sills, a deep rear valance and the M-trademark quad exhaust pipes suggest that when it comes to tomorrow’s M5, the scales are tipped toward maintaining its performance crown. A widened stance and lowered ride height, deeper chin spoiler, and what appear to be 18-inch tires up front and 19-inchers aft further the performance message.

The car is set to debut in the States by the end of 2004, and will carry an F1-inspired 500-plus-hp V10, according to BMW sources. Exact displacement of the normally aspirated engine—replacing the current M5’s 394-hp 4.9-liter V8—is unknown; various sources peg it at between 5.0 and 5.5 liters.

The engine forgoes new direct-injection technology found on BMW’s V12 and the much-touted Valvetronic intake lift control employed by BMW’s inline fours and V8s. Instead, it will have a third-generation version of the company’s Vanos variable valve timing system and four-valve heads similar to those on the F1 car. “They are more suited to the performance characteristics of the engine,” one insider said.

Despite monstrous output, the new V10 inherits the free-revving nature of previous M- division powerplants; fuel cutoff could be set as high as 9000 rpm. As a result, this M5 should have enough top-end poke to match any four-door. With suitable gearing, it should get to 60 mph from a standstill in less than 4.5 seconds, slashing three-tenths of a second from the official time achieved by the outgoing model, and making it the fastest-accelerating M-car ever. Top speed will be limited to 155 mph.

A new six-speed manual gearbox, available in a conventional or sequential manual configuration, will handle the power. BMW marketing execs want to include a six-speed automatic to up U.S. interest.

Underpinning the new M5 will be a heavily reworked version of the 5 Series’ MacPherson strut front and multilink rear suspension. It will use alumi-num and lightweight wheel bearings aimed at reducing weight and sharpening response. Stiff springs, firm dampers and rework-ed bushings complete the formula.

In a move inspired by the sales success of the Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Estate and Audi RS6 Avant, BMW also intends to offer the M5 in a station wagon version for the first time—unlikely for U.S. sale, however—that’s rumored for 2005.

autoweek

Props To Huby

Posted by sangxjin on 05-30-2003 02:30 AM:

Props To Huby

Posted by eddiee on 05-30-2003 02:35 AM:

why.

Posted by sangxjin on 05-30-2003 02:37 AM:

lets hang chris bangle

Props To Huby

Posted by v8what? on 05-30-2003 03:35 AM:

The front air dam looks like the Evos.

Posted by tea on 05-30-2003 10:16 AM: