Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Random Thoughts (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=2)
-- "boys lagging" ~60 Minutes (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12402)

Posted by Ladi Jay on 05-28-2003 12:46 AM:

"boys lagging" ~60 Minutes

I found this article interesting... my friend came to school telling me how 60 minutes did a special on this, and I was interested, so I checked it out... take a look, it says that in 2068, the last male will receive his bachelor degree.

Boy's Lagging

Posted by eddiee on 05-28-2003 12:50 AM:

haha blah 2068
ill be..
old

HAHA

Posted by Alchemist on 05-28-2003 02:38 AM:

What the hell? This means that I was correct back in 1st grade the whole time...

Posted by aznkid1008 on 05-28-2003 02:48 AM:

woah wait one sec 2068? i say bs
maybe at the trend now but look at ever decade and tell me that everythin stays the exact same. maybe this decade we r slow but 2068 we r gonna be ruled by women and guys r just retarded? thats fairly hard 2 buy. the hell wit that im makin sure my grandson gets a degree!

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 05-28-2003 09:07 AM:

Re: "boys lagging" ~60 Minutes

quote:
Originally posted by Ladi Jay
take a look, it says that in 2068, the last male will receive his bachelor degree.

please tell me you're not buying that

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by Ladi Jay on 05-28-2003 07:03 PM:

Re: Re: "boys lagging" ~60 Minutes

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
please tell me you're not buying that

lol, no. I think that if it ever happens, the year 2068 is way way too soon. that's only 65 years from now, I'll still be living... I don't think so, never in my life time.

but, it would be nice to see a lady president in my lifetime. A good one!

Posted by happyhongie on 05-29-2003 06:32 PM:

interesting.. ^-^

Posted by kryogenix on 05-29-2003 07:46 PM:

the trend may show that the last man will get his bachelors in 2068, but trends change...

Posted by Alchemist on 05-29-2003 09:16 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
the trend may show that the last man will get his bachelors in 2068, but trends change...

Well trends are created by people and can be changed by people as well.

Also the formation of a matriarchal dictatorship doesn’t seem too outlandish to me, of course further elaboration would cause me to be labeled as a misogynist.

Posted by castle outsider on 06-01-2003 07:13 AM:

this thing is just stupid i mena..if you read it..its juss people that got too bored and made up some gay crap

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 06-01-2003 07:31 AM:

the reality of the situation is that they're not reading into the study carefully and do not even recognize that the info they use to plot the trend are averages. A good statician would recognize that there are always males who possess the intelligence and drive, who do seek to earn their Bachelor's etc, are able to do so, and will continue to do so in the future (hence, the term average).
So going off of their data, the graph would look more like a - e graph, with the f(x) value flattening out towards the end.

the article is a good example of how the media seeks to sensationalize news.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)