Jusunlee.com Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 23 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Technology (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=28)
-- computer probs.. once again.. (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11899)

Posted by YaaMaKoh on 04-22-2003 05:46 PM:

computer probs.. once again..

everytime i download something, or whoever uploads outta me, then i go do something else my computer restarts. downloading music off kazaa, or sending my friend files via aim, then i go play a game, go into word, surf websites the comp always restarts. i have the latest drivers for everything in my comp.

heres my specs
2000+ athlon xp
256ddr pc2700
80gb 7200 8mb cache
geforce 4ti4200.

any suggestions?

Posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 on 04-22-2003 06:27 PM:

take it to a shop.

Posted by YaaMaKoh on 04-22-2003 06:30 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23
take it to a shop.

taking it to a shop would probably be my last option. something else...

Posted by AznTiger on 04-23-2003 12:42 AM:

i'm guessing your good in computers, so if you tried everything else, i guess you have to format. but that is a strange prob tho. it restarts? kinda strange

Posted by YaaMaKoh on 04-23-2003 01:33 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by AznTiger
i'm guessing your good in computers, so if you tried everything else, i guess you have to format. but that is a strange prob tho. it restarts? kinda strange

i reformatted at least 3 times already, and im getting the same problem. mabye its the usb for my cable modem, cause i noticed my friends with ethernet cable modems dont have this problem, and friends wit usb plugin do... im gonna call up optimum and ask them to send me a ethernet plug. if i still have the same problem, im gonna get more ram.

Posted by -dK- on 04-23-2003 02:20 AM:

try a new stick of RAM
my comp used to restart on its own also
then i just took one of the 512's out and it ran fine

Posted by AznTiger on 04-23-2003 02:34 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by YaaMaKoh
if i still have the same problem, im gonna get more ram.

nah ram cant be the problem. you have enough. unless you want more go for it
oh so you already formated 3 times!?! wow! series problem here. maybe you should try that usb problem with the cable modem. i see a little usb hole at the back of my cable modem but never used it. i use a ethernet cable. if that isnt the problem, you might want to open your pc and see if there is any loose wires or any burnt signs on your mobo. that could also lead to gay restarts. hopefully its just the ethernet so you dont have to pay that much to fix it.

Posted by sangxjin on 04-23-2003 02:56 AM:

load default bios settings and try from there. if it doesnt happen then something in bios is interferring.

Props To Huby

Posted by aznkid1008 on 04-23-2003 03:42 AM:

y is this a sticky?

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Posted by requiem on 04-23-2003 05:47 AM:

If you're on Windows 2000 or XP - you're probably BSODing right before you reboot (there's an option to reboot on BSOD). First stop that, then see what's causing the error. If it's a memory addressed error (as opposed to a .dll error or something the like) it could be a bad stick of memory or just all the memory in general.

Posted by kiggaplease on 04-23-2003 04:07 PM:

My computer used to restart randomly, about once every few days, when I used aggressive DRAM timings (even though the modules were rated 2-5-5). Have you tweaked the timings in the system setup?

Posted by on 04-23-2003 05:22 PM:

Fill your bath tub completely with water and then drop it in. Take it out and see if it works.

Posted by YaaMaKoh on 04-23-2003 07:48 PM:

yea, i did tweak bios and the timings. im gonna try to put everything on optimal or best performance settings by bios default but make the cpu 133, cause by default its on 100. im gonna mess around a bit, if i still get the same problem, im gettin a new stick. 512.

Posted by AznTiger on 04-24-2003 12:32 AM:

quote:
yea, i did tweak bios and the timings. im gonna try to put everything on optimal or best performance settings by bios default but make the cpu 133, cause by default its on 100. im gonna mess around a bit, if i still get the same problem, im gettin a new stick. 512.

so did you try the ethernet cable?

Posted by YaaMaKoh on 04-24-2003 02:01 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by AznTiger
so did you try the ethernet cable?

no, not yet. i still get the problem with everything on default settings. ethernet <-- problem persisits, a new stick.

Posted by AznTiger on 04-24-2003 04:10 AM:

quote:
no, not yet. i still get the problem with everything on default settings. ethernet <-- problem persisits, a new stick.

you might want to get the ethernet fixed then go for extra ram cuz you have to pay at least 50+ for ram so mind as well try the cheap solutions. unless your getting ram for free or really cheap i guess you could try that.

Posted by sangxjin on 04-24-2003 04:34 AM:

its better if you buy better brands of memory. you dont need that fancy heat spreader crap that doesnt work. just get something decent.

Props To Huby

Posted by YaaMaKoh on 04-24-2003 06:31 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by requiem
If you're on Windows 2000 or XP - you're probably BSODing right before you reboot (there's an option to reboot on BSOD). First stop that, then see what's causing the error. If it's a memory addressed error (as opposed to a .dll error or something the like) it could be a bad stick of memory or just all the memory in general.

hmm... how do i stop that?... wheres the option?

Posted by |vaSh| on 04-25-2003 12:01 AM:

Its ur ram or power suply.

Posted by requiem on 04-25-2003 07:50 PM:

quote:
hmm... how do i stop that?... wheres the option?

Press Winkey+Pause (system properties). Go to Advanced, then under startup and recovery, click settings. Then uncheck "automatically restart"