Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 8 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Spiritual Life (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=34)
-- is church boring? (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8310)

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 11-27-2002 01:35 AM:

is church boring?

share ideas to make church services more interesting for young pplz
mine wuz realli boring...it's all in mandarin so i can't realli undrstand it, but i go neway cuz it's the goin and prayin part that counts. neway, mai youth group started to giv the service at the end of the month and it's more interesting now. the readings are in english and we sing and stuff. much more lively

Posted by az0nd2r3 on 11-27-2002 05:35 AM:

our english service runs befor d mandarin service....more targeted to d 'young professional'......buh durin chinese service, we hv diff english sunday schools.....for skoo grades, n young adult/career/college pplz

Posted by niggoreanboi on 11-29-2002 01:42 AM:

well i got 2 a church where i'm d only teen n d rest are ajumas n arashis -_- so i have no one to talk to n i have to stay in d adult's service d whole time n i dunt knoe muc korean so iuno what's going on

Posted by JuJu on 11-29-2002 01:57 AM:

Re: is church boring?

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM
share ideas to make church services more interesting for young pplz
mine wuz realli boring...it's all in mandarin so i can't realli undrstand it, but i go neway cuz it's the goin and prayin part that counts. neway, mai youth group started to giv the service at the end of the month and it's more interesting now. the readings are in english and we sing and stuff. much more lively

y r u listenin to da mandarin if u dun understand it? isnt there like a english section? coMe tO mi church... :D

church caN be boring for me sometiMez... not all da tiMe... oi i remember playin da gaMez on mi celL fone once... buh tha waz only cuz our new pastor had nooo idea wut he was talkin bout n went on n on.... buh most of da time is pretty fun!
i heLP w/ da babysittin if it gets boreing too aww da babies juss soooo cutE!!!!

Posted by paboh4life on 11-29-2002 02:38 AM:

your youth group pastor needs to talk about things that would interest "us".. our age nah mean? oh yeah and a good praise team and singing participation of the whole youth group helps ALOT! and fellowship after with church friends is always the best... haha i like church

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 12-01-2002 09:03 PM:

Re: Re: is church boring?

quote:
Originally posted by cHiNkLilgiRL
y r u listenin to da mandarin if u dun understand it? isnt there like a english section?

there is an english section, but it's like for lil kiddies. and mai family goes to this one so i mite as well too. and i hav frenz here n stuff. and if i go to the enlish masses i'll be by maiself.
well, mai youth group is pretti cool i guess. we do lotza stuff 2gethr like seein movies and goin to each othrs houses and car washes n stuff. so thaz the best part of church for me ^^

Posted by uNiece on 12-05-2002 01:00 AM:

if you find church boring, you need to make it fun.
make a new ministry:
if you don't have a praise band, take up an instrument and with much prayer, you can start one.
if there are a handful of people who like to play sports or a certain sport, begin a sports ministry.
if there are breakdancers, start a hip hop ministry.
if you like art and like to design on photoshop, make a ministry to teach others in your church how to use the program and make your church service bulletins nice.
if you like to webdesign/master and your church and/or ministry doesn't have a site, make one.
church doesn't have to be boring. it needs the members to step up.
my youth group has been learning that and we've grown spiritually and creatively so much.
do the same and you won't regret it.

He remembered us when we were in trouble. His love continues forever. PSALM 136:23

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 12-05-2002 01:08 AM:

wow those are sum realli good ideas!!! ami youth group shud do that