Jusunlee.com Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 40 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Homework Help (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=6)
-- how do you study? (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1659)

Posted by annabanana on 05-07-2002 02:06 PM:

how do you study?

Posted by kRypTic_nABi on 05-07-2002 02:09 PM:

i dont study

Posted by TAIgrr on 05-07-2002 02:11 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by kRypTic_nABi
i dont study

yea, neither do i
i do a thing called "last minute quick scan" its useful

Posted by kRypTic_nABi on 05-07-2002 02:15 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by TAIgrr

yea, neither do i

puHaHAha das sOo funny..

Posted by Alchemist on 05-07-2002 04:03 PM:

quote:

yea, neither do i

thats a good idea for ppl who don't study, i suggest it if you don't study or not alot

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 05-07-2002 04:13 PM:

best way is to learn it when the class is during class. But when studying, cause you're bound to forget some of it at least, learn it or memorize it. I use a mix kind of, if i'm memorizing, do what i call long-esque term memoring. it's pretty much the same thing i just like using that word with it hehe. What you do it memorize things really fast, after like 5 minutes you review what you have memorized and continue onto the next part by reciting the initial thing you have memorized. Keep on doing this for like an hour and it's pretty much engraved in your head. I did this for spanish II orals (in class!) and they were pretty flawless.

Flash cards, i don't do a whole lot. I like the lists. If it's something weird to memorize then just memorize it some weird way. Try and think of little ways to remember things, like for powers

m^(p/r), thats how i remember it. m to the p/r power. Those variables come from the slightly changed word, so it's Magnum PR, . You know like that show? Anyway, P = power, and r = radical. Cause if you have something raised to the fraction power, it's raised to the numerator's value in power and it's the root of whatever the denominator is (or radical). Get it? Hope this helps.

Posted by aznkid1008 on 05-07-2002 04:56 PM:

quote:

yea, neither do i

i do the same exact thing i never studied and that counts for finals. cramin in last minute actually works for me

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Posted by sangxjin on 05-08-2002 10:21 AM:

i do the last minute thing too..sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't, i pray most of the time and then read the chapter over.

Props To Huby

Posted by annabanana on 05-08-2002 04:50 PM:

sometimes, i have a hard time trying to get started on my homework. like, i can't make myself do my hmwk right after school, i do my hmwk at night, while watching TV.

Posted by Alchemist on 05-09-2002 11:43 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by annabanana
sometimes, i have a hard time trying to get started on my homework. like, i can't make myself do my hmwk right after school, i do my hmwk at night, while watching TV.

for me, it's while going on this site and AIM

Posted by iiaznprncssii on 05-27-2002 07:33 PM:

study what ur trying to learn, and when u think u have it all memorized, take a nap or grab a snack (give ur mind a break). when u finish, try to remember what u studied without looking at the paper or book. then look back at it and u will realize what u forgot and study that material more. this way u will probably memorize everything u might have missed just staring blankly at that paper or book before u took that nap or ate some munchies.

Posted by Alchemist on 05-28-2002 04:37 PM:

I help my friend study during Engineering class and he passes. ha ha his vocab words are so messed up.

Posted by huby40 on 05-31-2002 01:13 AM:

u keep dong something over and over so it becomes mechanical when you do the test.

after that you forget the whole thing.

Posted by sangxjin on 05-31-2002 02:36 AM:

i read over it once and repeat it in my head over and over again.

Props To Huby

Posted by jun jinz girl on 05-31-2002 06:34 AM:

if it's a memorizing thing...

make up some relly weird thing about it... and u'll remember it better cuz it's so stoopid... ie...
for a vocab test:

word:
vanguard: the foremost part of an army; the leading position in any field...

weird thing:
a van is a relly big vehicle and is usually in the front when the police come to a crime scene or like.. the S.W.A.T. team comes - it's mostly first.

puahaha... that's wat i do...

it DOES help! hehe

Tell my why?
~ Shinhwa 5 - I pray 4 u

(i lub jun jin *^^*)

Posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU on 05-31-2002 06:46 AM:

try reverse cramming
works well in college

when u learn something the first day.. study what u learned when u get home for like.. six hours
when u learn something the second day study what u learned that day for four hours and then the first day for one hour
when u learned something the third day study what u learned that day for 2 hours the day before for an hour and then day before that for an hour

u get the idea
basically by the end of the week u know what u learned in the beginning of the week cuz u studied for it every day and u know what u learned the last day of the week cuz u just learned it at school.. ingenious huh... not exactly cramming but if u want an A.. thats one way to do it.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Posted by annabanana on 06-05-2002 03:23 AM:

one of the keys to study effectively is to make studying a habit. setting up a to-do list is good.

Posted by TAIgrr on 07-14-2002 10:40 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
try reverse cramming
works well in college

when u learn something the first day.. study what u learned when u get home for like.. six hours
when u learn something the second day study what u learned that day for four hours and then the first day for one hour
when u learned something the third day study what u learned that day for 2 hours the day before for an hour and then day before that for an hour

blah.. studying for SIX HOURS? cant do it...
blah blah.. i could definitly wait on college.. well cause the studying anyway..

Posted by tea on 07-14-2002 10:46 PM:

haha all the college professors say that long term memory is good for studying, thats why u study everyday. but i rely on short term memory...studying the morning before the final.....

and i dont read books....i usually read the intro and the conclusion.....the middle part is mostly bs to fill up space...the intro and conclusions are where the facts are....oh...actually i dont read..i skim for key words lol

Posted by kiggaplease on 07-15-2002 12:54 AM:

I just want to add that some people solely rely on their books and study materials to let them study the information on their own time, and zone out in class, but remember that it's much easier to learn it during class and then get a stronger knowledge of what you're doing in your homework.

Personally, I can't study with other people's horrible choice of music on *cough* my former roommate's *cough*. I also have to study alone at my desk with a *bright* light, so I don't get distracted or sleepy.